Bean Ninjas Reviews

Updated Oct 11, 2018

Found 9 of over 9 reviews

5.0
Bean Ninjas Founder Meryl Johnston (no image)
Meryl Johnston

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Dream Job with a great team

Oct 11, 2018 - Operations & Project Manager in Shelbyville, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

- remote & flexible work, innovative company that moves quickly, opportunity to build and grow the business, working in an international environment, strong leadership in founder CEO with vision, great clients working in exciting online businesses, supportive management with a focus on development, skilled team of financial professionals who value work life balance and enjoy working with their clients, working with a high quality accounting/bookkeeping program Xero and associated apps, strong culture and values of trust, always growing & freedom, strong supportive team culture.

Cons

- None. Working flexibly and remotely does requires self discipline, that would be the only "con" I would note.

Bean Ninjas Response

We work hard every day to ensure our team and clients live, breathe and experience our values of growth, trust and freedom... so glad all our hard work is appreciated! Thanks for your review!

2. 5.0

BEAN NINJAS ARE LEGENDARY

Jul 5, 2018 - Systems Analyst in Brisbane
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun, Flexible, Easy Going, Transparent

Cons

Different time zones to manage

Bean Ninjas Response

Balanced lives and family are number one in our world so this will always flow through to our staff, clients and their families!

3. 5.0

Progressive, Professional and Supportive

Jul 5, 2018 - Bookkeeper in Gold Coast
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bean provides a very supportive work environment for all staff and remote contractors. I have worked for Bean for a number of years and have been part of the growth of this business. They were very supportive with staff who have different life choices and demands and assist where possible to ensure they retain their high level of a professional competent team All the people are wonderful to work with, no question to hard and it's very much a team environment with everyone helping each other. We also make sure everyone's birthday is marked with a special occasion and gift regardless of where in the world we all are.

Cons

Not really any cons except our remoteness to each other it would be great if we were all closer together but to be a successful progressive international bookkeeping business this is who we are and we communicate wonderfully regardless.

Bean Ninjas Response

Communication is key in any business especially ours with all of us living and working all over the world so glad you think ours is wonderful!

4. 5.0

Happy to be a Ninja!

Jul 5, 2018 - Senior Accountant in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Positive & friendly work culture, with flexibility. Meryl is a great leader and is open and honest in dealing with both staff and our clients.

Cons

I struggled at first with working from home, but have found a shared workspace and developed better discipline when at home!

Bean Ninjas Response

Hahaha, this review is great! All our staff are hired based not only on their skill set but their fit to our culture which means they are all invaluable and deserve gold stars!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Bean Ninjas - Innovative company fostering a great vision and work culture

Jul 5, 2018 - Bookkeeper in Byron
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Inspiring founder who has a great vision for the company. At the same time, staff are always involved and have a lot of input into the processes. Different skills are recognised and utilised. We all help each other to improve as a whole. - Very transparent and great communication. Regular updates on where the company is at, where we want to be, how we plan to get there, what needs to get done, what we are focusing on at different times. This means everyone is always on the same page. - Flexible work hours and workload to fit your needs. - Although most staff work remotely, there is a great atmosphere and it feels like a close-knit and supportive team. There are platforms to ask questions and everyone jumps in to help each other out or put our heads together to solve a new problem. But it's not only in a work sense. We genuinely foster friendships with others and celebrate milestones, birthdays, holidays, special moments as well as give each other a boost in other areas and share life hacks, tips, tricks, recipes, workout challenges.. heaps of stuff. - It's fun! This company was designed not only to help our clients with their bookkeeping requirements, but also so that the staff can have the lifestyle or work/life balance that they are striving to achieve. Happy workers are generally better, more productive workers. We work hard to achieve what we need to do, but this company gives us lots of options - we can live or travel where we want, we can surf or do yoga in the morning and work in the afternoon. Whatever you want really - as long as you are able to get your work done.

Cons

- Hmm.. I'm trying to think.. I guess with a lot of flexibility you need to be quite disciplined and able to manage yourself and your time in order to get what you need to get done. - Depending on your clients you may need to work or have meetings across different time zones. - This is my first fully remote job. Initially I struggled wrapping my head around the various platforms we use. It's not a negative though - it was just another learning curve and good experience for me.

Bean Ninjas Response

Our values are Freedom and Growth so this makes us happy to hear we are achieving both of those for you! Thanks and keep up the amazing work!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Flexible and motivating!

Jul 5, 2018 - Bookkeeper in Tokyo
    Business Outlook

Pros

Meryl is an incredible leader and puts a lot of trust into the people she hires. She lets you enjoy the freedom of flexible work hours which allows for a great work/life balance. Despite many of the team working remotely (overseas), there is a deep sense of a work community created. Every one is very willing to help eachother when any questions/issues arise and very keen to provide the best service for clients. This is inspiring and motivates me to provide the best service for the clients assigned to me.

Cons

No real downsides - the work/life balance this job provides is ideal for me! You just have to have the discipline and motivation to work remotely if not based in Queensland.

Bean Ninjas Response

High quality and service starts from the top, Meryl not only talks the talk but walks the walk too and that is evident in this review! Thanks!

7. 5.0

Bean Ninjas - the best!

Jul 5, 2018 - Bookkeeper in Novi Sad
    Business Outlook

Pros

Professional, Transparent, Successful, Fun, Easy Going

Cons

Different time zone to manage

Bean Ninjas Response

Simple and to the point! Thanks for the review, we are proud to have you on the team!

8. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Bean Ninjas are fabulous!

Jul 5, 2018 - Bookkeeper in Novi Sad
    Business Outlook

Pros

Honest, flexible, fun, challenging, joy

Cons

There are no cons for Bean Ninjas

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

This is the best job ever!

Jul 6, 2018 - Administrative Assistant in Manila, Manila, Manila
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work/life balance and flexibility when needed. People are easy to work with. We are like a family in BEAN NINJAS. And in BEAN NINJAS there are lot more to learn along the way.

Cons

People has to know more about BEAN NINJAS. Spread the word.

Bean Ninjas Response

Thanks and we agree, spread the word, Bean Ninjas are here!

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews