Beca Reviews

Found 250 of over 284 reviews

3.7
Beca Group CEO Greg Lowe
Greg Lowe
Pros
  • "You can get to work on some of well known project in NZ, which are pretty interesting and rewarding(in 13 reviews)

• "Great Culture and work experience(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance is a joke and flexibility in working hours is non-existant(in 9 reviews)

• "minimal pay rise, no career progression(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great team

Oct 18, 2021 - Senior Associate in Brisbane
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people to work with. Great feeling of being part of a team that cares about you. Partnership, Tenacity, Enjoyment & Care. I regularly genuinely miss the place. Great quality management and reporting systems.

Cons

Hard to think of any to be honest. Would work there again.

2. 2.0

Not much work

Oct 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team keen to help out

Cons

Not enough work, got very boring.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Sep 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, support and development

Cons

Lack of transparency around promotions and role

Senior Marketing Advisor

Thank you for leaving a review about working in the Melbourne office. It's fantastic to read that you enjoy the culture and have been provided support and opportunities for development. I'd definitely encourage you to talk to your manager about your career aspirations and next steps at Beca. Thank you for flagging your concerns about mid career development - our Learning and Development team are doing lots of work to ensure there are more professional and technical development opportunities provided in this space.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee

Lots of talk not a lot of action

Sep 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good opportunities to get a good job title

Cons

Very NZ focused. Lots of cliques in the Sydney office. Lots of promises but not a lot of actions related to promises.

Senior Marketing & Communications Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your time in our Sydney office. It was great to read that you were exposed to a broad range of opportunities in your time with us. It was disappointing to read your comments about the office culture and felt that let down by the way feedback and planning was handled by management. We'll definitely pass your feedback on to our People and Culture team. Wishing you all the best with your next career move.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Discriminative Company

Aug 25, 2021 - Civil Structural Designer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Career growth, meaning you can learn and grow your personal skills not expecting to get promoted though. Work life balance is also good.

Cons

Horrible senior management team who don't care about their staff, They only care about the revenue of the company. They don't care how you develop things and how you deliver projects. Specially at Transport sector.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Pretty good

Aug 15, 2021 - Civil Designer in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Variety of projects of medium to small. Reasonably competitive pay. Tier 1 in NZ, but more of a Tier 2/3 in Australia.

Cons

Being smaller consultant means not so many landmark projects to be involved in as a principal consultant. Typically Beca will subcontract to larger consultants to be involved in big projects. This can often be an unpleasant experience for the subcontracted staff who are ridden harder than the principals staff. Some difficult personalities employed whilst I worked there. Cant hold that against the company as a whole. Was just unfortunate for the team. The good managers and leads left. The penny pinchers remained. This negatively affected the culture of the office. Managers that remained seemed to not really care about the staff anymore. Was sad to see.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee

Big company to work at if you want the name

Jul 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Big company and might have better employee benefits

Cons

Office politics and many arrogant people to deal with

Senior Marketing Advisor

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your time with Beca. It's great to hear you enjoyed Beca's size and employee benefits. We celebrate our diversity and use a social contract to ensure we are aligned in values and behaviours. We wish you the very best for your future roles.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful place to work

Jun 19, 2021 - Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is really positive and coworkers are really supportive

Cons

High turnover rate, average salary

Marketing and Communications Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your current role as an Engineer in the Sydney office. It's fantastic to hear you enjoy our positive and supportive culture. We encourage you to speak to your manager or a member of the People and Culture team with any concerns you have about your remuneration or the turnover rate. Thanks

9. 3.0

Standard

May 30, 2021 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The learning and development opportunities

Cons

The systems and process set up

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for

Mar 29, 2021 - Mechanical Engineer in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture Supportive of life, side projects, etc Awesome people Friendly

Cons

Lack of transparency Buzzwords over action

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Great to hear you’re enjoying the work culture at Beca and have the support of some amazing people working alongside you. At Beca, we are supportive of a culture that supports people to ask for and receive feedback, as it enables us to keep progressing and make improvements in how we interact and work with each other. We would encourage you to continue communicating with your managers and the People & Culture Team to get additional support.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 250 Reviews