Beca Reviews

Updated 15 Jul 2020

3.6
Beca Group CEO Greg Lowe
Greg Lowe
Pros
  • "You can get to work on some of well known project in NZ, which are pretty interesting and rewarding(in 13 reviews)

• "Professional working environment, huge variety of opportunities, developing relationships with Tier 1 clients(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Engineering focused: Planning in Beca is nowhere near the level of planning projects you work in Europe, the US, or even Australia(in 10 reviews)

• "A bit of an old boys club, career prospects based on who you know rather than your ability(in 9 reviews)

1. "great people"

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Beca full-time

Pros

Good culture great people and fun workplace

Cons

Salary can be low to medium

September 26, 2019Employer Brand Advisor

Hey there, so nice to read the title of your review is "great people" as people are what matter! I'm glad you're enjoying the culture and team as a Senior Electrical Engineer. If you want to chat about salary, feel free to chat to your manager or one of our People & Culture business partners.

2. "Management"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Beca full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great software accessibility in a wide range of disciplines

Cons

Poor high level management. Slow career progress.

May 18, 2020Employer Brand Advisor

Hello, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review about your experience in our Sydney office. I was sorry to read that you had a negative outlook about your time so far and would welcome the opportunity to chat to you more around your comments concerning management. Please reach out to a member of our People and Culture team for a confidential discussion.

3. "Impressive people and invest well in training"

Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant

I worked at Beca full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Investment and availability for training always present and the work was always varied an interesting

Cons

Sometimes advice from senior team members wasn't available when work load was high

March 9, 2020Employer Brand Advisor

Hello! Thanks for leaving a review about your time as a Senior Technology Consultant. It's wonderful to read you enjoyed and benefited from lots of great training opportunities and varied project work. It can be tricky for managers to juggle project work along with managing a team but we encourage that they always make time for their teams. Wishing you all the best with your next career move.

"Hated it"

1.0
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Beca full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people with decent social events, nice office location.

Cons

Dying engineering consultancy model, lack of support from management, unclear role descriptions, everyone is expected to 'find' work to fill up timesheets and if they can't they're cast aside and looked at as liabilities. Huge blame culture.

June 17, 2019Employer Brand Advisor

Hello - thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It was good to read your comment about the good people in our Melbourne office and our social events. We appreciate your feedback about not feeling supported by management. One of our focus areas is to ensure an open culture within our teams to our people feel supported and empowered to have conversations with their managers about any concerns. We’ll definitely pass your feedback on as we’re always looking to improve. Wishing you all the best with your next career move.

5. "Mechanical Engineer in the water team at Beca"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Melbourne

I worked at Beca full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training and people are great

Cons

Projects are not always exciting

April 1, 2019Employer Brand Advisor

Hello! Thanks for leaving a review . We couldn't agree more, our people are at the heart of what we do, and it's our people that make our business what it is. Awesome feedback about training too - we're so glad our people are being supported to up-skill. I'm sorry to hear your feedback about the projects, I guess you're right - not all projects are equally cool. Wishing you lots of exciting projects in your new role.

6. "Great People, Limited Future Prospects"

Current Employee - Civil Engineer in Melbourne
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Beca full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beca focuses on hiring the right people to fit each team. Meaning everyday you go to work with your friends.

Cons

Little Transparency on future opportunities and remuneration scales (On the lower end).

April 11, 2019Employer Brand Advisor

Hi there, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear your work colleagues are now your friends - cultural fit is a real focus for us! It would be great to understand your comment around future opportunities and remuneration. If you would be open to it, please reach out to one of our People & Culture team for a confidential discussion. We will be able to provide some information that will hopefully provide some answers and clarity for you. We're here to help :)

7. "Electrical Engineer"

I worked at Beca full-time

Pros

Concentrate on meeting clients' demand and have a thorough system of delivering outcomes.

Cons

Too much work stress. I was involved in 8 projects at one time and I had to finish all different kinds of work including bidding report and preliminary design.

March 19, 2019Employer Brand Advisor

Hi there, really appreciate your comments. Awesome to hear you agree that we put our clients needs at the centre of what we do. But I am sorry to see your comments about workload and stress. We understand at certain times there can be competing demands and deadlines, but we are people business and our people are the most important thing at the end of the day. If you are every feeling overloaded or stressed, we want you to feel you can talk to your manager or a member of the People & Culture team so we can help to support you. Wishing you all the best with your next career move.

8. "Good employer"

I have been working at Beca full-time

Pros

Help develop their employees with a long term future outlook

Cons

Good company to work with

March 10, 2019Employer Brand Advisor

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by to leave us a review. So great to hear you are enjoying you team and career at Beca. We'd love to continued this conversation and hear more about your experience so far and how we can make it even better. If you feel comfortable, please reach out to one of our People & Culture team for a chat :)

"Fantastic Place to begin a career"

I have been working at Beca full-time

Pros

Fantastic culture, amazing personal development for new graduates.

Cons

Intermediate pay (3-4 years) is not the best.

December 20, 2018Employer Brand Advisor

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. It's so awesome to hear you're enjoying our graduate programme and the culture at Beca. Have a wonderful summer break! Feel free to reach out to our People & Culture team for a chat at any time :)

"Senior Associate - worked here for 9 months"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Canberra

I have been working at Beca full-time for less than a year

Pros

Beca recruits to fit our Values which are Partnership, Tenacity, Care and Enjoyment which means we have great people aligned to these ideals to work with everyday

Cons

The only con I can find is that it's still taking us time to get brand awareness in Australia. I'd love more people to know about this great company.

November 11, 2018Employer Brand Advisor

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. It's wonderful to see you've had such a great journey so far at Beca. Our values and purpose underpin what our amazing people do everyday. In regards to your comment about our brand in Australia, we couldn't agree more! We're working hard to increase brand awareness in Australia and it's people like you who play a crucial part in this - so thank you.

Found 158 reviews