Beca Reviews

Found 225 of over 254 reviews

3.7
Beca Group CEO Greg Lowe
Greg Lowe
Pros
  • "You can get to work on some of well known project in NZ, which are pretty interesting and rewarding(in 13 reviews)

• "Great Culture and work experience(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance is a joke and flexibility in working hours is non-existant(in 9 reviews)

• "minimal pay rise, no career progression(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Awesome Culture

13 Feb 2021 - Associate in Brisbane
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great variety of interesting and challenging projects to grow your career

Cons

Nothing really negative to say about working at Beca

Marketing and Communications Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your current role as an Associate in our Brisbane office. It's great to hear you like being part of Beca team and are enjoying the diverse projects you work across!

2. 3.0

Standard

30 May 2021 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The learning and development opportunities

Cons

The systems and process set up

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for

29 Mar 2021 - Mechanical Engineer in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture Supportive of life, side projects, etc Awesome people Friendly

Cons

Lack of transparency Buzzwords over action

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Great to hear you’re enjoying the work culture at Beca and have the support of some amazing people working alongside you. At Beca, we are supportive of a culture that supports people to ask for and receive feedback, as it enables us to keep progressing and make improvements in how we interact and work with each other. We would encourage you to continue communicating with your managers and the People & Culture Team to get additional support.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Employee beware

9 Feb 2021 - Senior Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work arrangements can be made

Cons

-No career progression -Poor people management -Employees are expected to find their own work from sales -Poor business model

Marketing and Communications Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your time with Beca as a Senior Consultant in our Sydney office. It's good to hear that you found the flexible working arrangements positive. It's disappointing to hear our management style and development opportunities did not meet your expectations. We endeavour to create a supportive culture that allows our people to have meaningful and rewarding careers at Beca. We wish you the best for your future roles.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee

It is just ok, ok for a short term gig

21 Dec 2020 - Mechanical Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture in Sydney office

Cons

Beca is primarily a kiwi company. As soon as times get tough, it gets quite obvious that Beca AU is actually is not as valued and the kiwi shareholders and board will only prioritize the NZ side of the business. More people, even as big as a whole team, were made redundant in Beca AU for covid. These things give one a perspective.

Marketing and Communications Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your role as a Mechanical Engineer in Sydney. It's fantastic to hear you enjoy the culture at Beca - we strive to create an environment that empowers our people to make everyday better. If you have any concerns or questions about business and regional priorities, we encourage you to speak to your manager or a member of the people and culture team.

6. 3.0

Diversity

20 Feb 2021 - Senior Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly working environment for everybody

Cons

Lack of diversity and inclusiveness

Marketing and Communications Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your time with Beca as a Senior Associate in Australia. We are pleased to here you experiences a friendly work environment for all. Diversity and inclusiveness is important for Beca and we are committed to providing an environment where our people can bring their whole selves to work and feel like a valued member of our Beca family. We wish you the best with your future endeavours.

7. 3.0

Was okay

27 Jan 2021 - Transport Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good graduate program which gives your opportunities to expand on your soft skills

Cons

Big company. Not agile. Can get pigeon holed

Marketing and Communications Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback about your role as a Transport Engineer in Australia. It's great you hear you enjoyed the opportunities provided by our graduate programme. Our focus as we enter our second century is supporting agility and innovation to help make everyday better for our communities. We wish you the best for your future roles.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Good people at the coal face

1 Oct 2020 - Senior Associate in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with, good attitude to working with clients, strongly collaborative culture.

Cons

Bias against part time people for career progression and rem. Lack of understanding and empathy from GMs and above. Overly reliant on NZ for technical expertise and project support.

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to note you’ve had a good team of people to work with and have enjoyed being a part of our collaborative environment. We have a focus on flexible working and understand this is an important factor for people, as such we’ll pass this feedback onto our People and Culture team.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good company to work for

1 Sep 2020 - Engineer in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Great social culture and place to build relevant industry experience

Cons

*Poor work and life balance

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Hi there! Thanks for leaving feedback about your current role as an Engineer in our Melbourne office. Awesome to hear you enjoy being a part of our great social culture and have had opportunities to develop relevant industry experience. Work life balance is certainly something that’s really important and I’d encourage you to please have a discussion with your manager. If you need additional support, you can always get in touch with our People and Culture team.

10. 3.0

Nice company to work.

24 Sep 2020 - Engineer in Gold Coast
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice company to work and great company culture.

Cons

The company have high work load.

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Hi there! thanks for taking the time to leave feedback about your time with us. Awesome to note you’ve enjoyed your work environment and our great company culture. Wishing you the best of luck for the future!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 225 Reviews