Computershare Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.3
Computershare Chief Executive Officer Stuart Irving
Stuart Irving

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Culture/Work-Life Balance: The culture here is wonderful" (in 49 reviews)

• "Lots of opportunity, work/life balance, occasional work from home options" (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • "Their is no room for growth or salary raise and you will remain a temp employee for as long as they like" (in 14 reviews)

• "Key team members regularly leave but senior management has yet to take any action on these issues" (in 22 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"One Happy Employee"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Louisville, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Louisville, KY (US)

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not sure where to start here so let me just dive in...

My experience in 1.5 years of being with the company has been great. The management in my department is fantastic, I've never felt like I couldn't come to them with an issue that they didn't take seriously. I've received two promotions in this time and continue to feel like a valued employee. I've received plenty of opportunities to learn new things that don't always apply to what I do, but helps in promoting myself as a valued employee.

This is the first company I've ever worked for that holds all kinds of different events from raising money for charities to opportunities to meet & greet other departments during and outside of work hours which I find pretty awesome.

With this company moving from NJ, I feel like we had & continue to have the opportunity to come up with new processes that work for our department, giving us the kind of flexibility that allows for a desirable work environment & not just rules that are put into place because that's how management thinks it should work that don't actually make sense for someone who is actually doing the job day in and day out.

In my department, there is some flexibility to work from home once a month and IF there's a reason you can't physically make it to work due to weather or if the company is having technical issues they may send you home to work & that is a nice little bonus in my opion (I've never had the opportunity to WFH before).

Overall, I believe if you work hard, network, & take even the smallest opportunities to learn, there's a chance to grow & move into different roles. I see myself being here for a long time and I truly hope this company only gets better with time.

Cons

An annual raise that makes a difference would be much appreciated!

Advice to Management

Always take the time to listen to your employees and make an effort to meet in the middle whenever possible. If you keep employees happy and morale up, you'll keep turnover low, have people who are happy to come to work and put genuine effort into the work they do for you.

This is a big stretch, but it would be a really big perk to have a little travel program (since they have people flying back and forth from Jersey to Louisville all the time for training anyways lol) dedicated to teach interested employees about your other locations & what they do. I have my eye on Johannesburg.

16 Aug 2018 – VP, Talent Attraction

Wow - thank you for providing such detailed feedback!! We want you to know how much we appreciate you, and your advice is spot on! Now, the travel program is a little challenging but if we get that... More

"Software Engineer"

I have been working at Computershare full-time

Pros

Good feedback from assessment center

Cons

currently had no idea yet

26 Nov 2018 – VP, Talent Attraction

Thank you for the work you do and for sharing your thoughts - we so value our CTS teams and the great work they are doing around the globe!

3. "It's ok"

I have been working at Computershare full-time

Pros

Do spend on training needs

Cons

Bad culture and low wages

Advice to Management

Need to look after staff

4. "Ok company"

I have been working at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance. Very flexible working hours. Work from home is an option.

Cons

Lots of politics inside the company. Not very tech oriented.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all the old people and embrace the future. Don't worry too much about failure.

18 Dec 2018 – VP, Talent Attraction

We are so sorry your experience hasn't been a 5! What can we do to improve it?? Feel free to email me at alec.white@computershare.com or talk with your local leader or HR.

5. "Na"

I have been working at Computershare full-time

Pros

Welcoming family flexible fun good

Cons

Na na na na na

1 Oct 2018 – VP, Talent Attraction

Always appreciate feedback - thank you so much for leaving this!

6. "a nice place to work"

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

trusted and large organisation - global

Cons

can be difficult to manouver

7. "Team Leader / Manager"

Pros

I love the working culture. It's a very laid back company which gives flexibility to its employees. Very diverse.

Cons

Salary is not at par with the market but it gets compensated with work flexibility and culture.

Advice to Management

We need to break the silos of some of the teams. Look at the compensation as well.

8. "business analyst"

I have been working at Computershare full-time

Pros

flexible not busy very friendly people

Cons

salary is on the low side

"Good place to learn, business not very generous to staff."

Former Employee - Developer in Melbourne
    Former Employee - Developer in Melbourne

I worked at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible working environment, family feeling, workmates are awesome and willing to share knowledge. Business transparency with staff. Good for developers to grow as there are lots of good software development practice.

Cons

Below standarded equipments, monitors, laptop, chairs etc. Those things disappointing the employees more than the salary.

Advice to Management

Should be more generous to the staff rather than treat people as cost. It's a bit unfortunately to see that people learn a lot in Computershare that cannot stay longer to continue make contribution, a bit waste for the business.

10. "Depends on what you want."

I have been working at Computershare full-time

Pros

Some great minds there who can teach you a lot if you can get time to ask them. Great perks such as gym and employee share plans. A company with money means a company with tools which is always great.

Cons

If you are a new junior and wanting to work on new technologies, this is not the place to come. Company is bit behind the times but slowly getting there.

Advice to Management

I was lucky to have the best manager and hope all my managers are like him. Management in general was great because everything was transparent and clear.