DWS Reviews

Updated Oct 17, 2021

Found 136 of over 148 reviews

3.4
DWS Executive Vice President and Country Manager Michael Horton (no image)
Michael Horton
Pros
  • "Monthly social club events to blend with colleagues working with different clients(in 19 reviews)

• "Great social club events organised by the staff/social club committee(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Body Shop - So don't expect much support(in 8 reviews)

• "just a bodyshop company, not good for career growth(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Consultant focused

Feb 16, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Brisbane
      Business Outlook

Pros

DWS have a consultant focused approach which is rare in our industry

Cons

in nearly 3 years being with DWS i haven't experienced any issues

Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thank you for your 5-star review! Its fantastic to hear such positive feedback on the DWS employee experience.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

It's a job. Nothing more.

Oct 17, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

- There's pre-approved training for recognized certifications - Referral bonuses for referring professionals from your network - Bonus if certifications are completed within 6 months - Overtime is generally offered, with several caveats - Diverse range of skill sets in the organization - Reasonable work/life balance

Cons

- Forced shutdown over Christmas means you'll be required to take annual leave, even if the business (or rather the client you work for) has work for you to do - Base salary is outrageously bad. Expect to be paid around half of what the rest of the market will pay you - Management can be quite disrespectful - They still count the minutes you work. Expect a passive-aggressive email from finance if you don't complete your timesheets on time. - Overtime has too many restrictions and hoops to jump through. Even after you're eligible and it was approved, they'll try to drag out the process to avoid paying you - High staff turnover. Expect to receive weekly 'farewell' emails from staff leaving the organization - The business is generally not interested in any form of innovation

Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thank you for your review, it's great to read the list of positive aspects to working for DWS. In regards to your other comments, theses are the same as expectations for staff at any other professional IT/Tech consultancy - or are simply incorrect. Please feel free to reach out to our HR team who will be happy to discuss in detail with you.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Body Shop, Little Support, Short and Unstable projects.

Oct 11, 2021 - Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Social culture on bench, pay weekly, top clients on pipeline.

Cons

Body shop, little support and you are on your own. Safe if you are billable. High risk if you are on bench for long. No guidance and poor HR. Lack of training. Lack of long and stable projects.

Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thank you for your review. DWS has a broad range of tier 1 clients with projects typically running for around 12 months or more, often for multiple years. Our Consultants who are on the bench have the opportunity to use this time for upskilling and professional development though our fully-funded learning and development framework, should they wish to.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company but

Aug 23, 2021 - Business Analyst in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Government clients get to work with diverse amount of clients on different projects. Lots to learn

Cons

Sometimes politics can be bad for someone hardworking. Salary is average compared with other banks or consulting firms.

Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thank you for your review of DWS. We have always been a competitive salary business, with a strong focus on a great work-life balance for all Consultant staff.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Once the client is gone , you will be thrown in dust bin

Aug 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

They will hire you at high rate initially, as they know, they will keep you only for a short project , they just got.

Cons

Managers are egoistic. Your appreciation from client, hardwork, nothing matters. If manager is egoistic or if client lays off employees, or project is over for which they just hired you (on permanent role), they will never retain you. Body shop. They are used to hire people as permanent employees and then throw them after 1-6 months. They will ask you to work for 12-15 hours, without additional pay. Many of my friends and colleagues told same story. Never ever join them.

Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thank you for the review, though it seems you have the wrong company you are reviewing. DWS does not hire staff for specific projects as we take a long-term career view with our staff, and most of our clients we have worked with for many decades. The Consultants who join us are hired for their strong skills in their chosen job family, not a match to an individual client - and as a result, we can easily reengage them on other projects quickly and effectively.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great Employer, until you are at client site

Jul 19, 2021 - IT-Consultant in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place for social activities, maybe not anymore

Cons

Bench culture is really not that enjoyable. Could be Hostile. Feel of getting Redundant is always on back of the head. Just an Bodyshopping frim.

Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thank you for your review. DWS has for a long time had one of the lowest bench percentages in the industry, and has always done everything possible to minimise the time our staff spends between client engagements. Our Consultants also have the opportunity to use this time for upskilling and professional development though our fully-funded learning and development framework, should they wish to.

7. 3.0

Ok place to work

Jul 18, 2021 - I Would Rather Not Say
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flat management structure, good people in head Office

Cons

No real feedback to provide here

Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thank you for your review. We would love to know what we could do different to gain a 5 star review, as you indicated DWS has good people in head office, and you have no 'cons' or other feedback.

8. 3.0

Good company

Jul 14, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work with. What else

Cons

No negative feedback all good

Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thank you for your review. We would love to know what we could do different to gain a 5 star review, as you indicated you have no 'cons' to report.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good training framework

May 31, 2021 - Senior Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

DWS encourages its employees to keep learning new tech. The training framework covers so many trainings and provides incentives.

Cons

it is not easy to move to other fields which you don't have much experience

Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thank you for your 4-star review. DWS does indeed have a strong training framework where we not only pay for our staff to gain additional qualifications and certifications, we also pay bonuses on completion of these. We are very open to moving staff between roles, please speak to the HR team bout your career ambitions so we can support and assist you with this.

10. 4.0

Pros & Cons

May 25, 2021 - Consultant in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Variety of different blue chip clients

Cons

Short to medium term projects

Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thank you for your 4-start review. DWS does indeed have a great rang of major blue-chip clients. The projects we work on can range from short assignments through to major multi-year programs of work, depending on the level of assistance needed by the individual clients; with 6+ months being the typical engagement length.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 136 Reviews