DWS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

DWS Interview Questions

Updated 17 May 2018

2.9

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

It was not fair

Interview Questions

DWS Response

16 Jul 2017 – Chairman

we are not in salt lake city, maybe that why you didn't get job. and we certainly don't ask how to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DWS (Sydney).

Interview

I had one skype interview with Talent Acquisition Consultant took about 30 - 40 minutes ask Scrum master related questions & the next step was peer interview with consultant on the same field which took about 30 minutes in cafe near the client site .

Interview Questions

• I was shocked & in disbelief when I was asked personal & inappropriate question at the end of interview like
      If I was married!! Am I gone take maternity leave in the next 8 or 9 months because they are consultant business & need to know!!! I reported this to their Talent Acquisition the next day & got an email that management in Sydney will contact me & not surprise that they have not. This type of behavior not only questions equal employment opportunity but discrimination on its finest & in my face!! That makes me wonder. I really hope no one experience this type of discrimination as I felt really bad till few days after.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DWS.

Interview

First round of discussion was with the HR and second round was with a peer level person (Project Manager in my case). I did well in both the interviews. I was then asked to provide two professional references, which I did. The HR contacted my referees and received a very positive feedback. After the reference check, I followed up to check on the update. I was told that they have kept the position on hold and will make a decision in about week's time. I followed up again after a week. At that time I was told that the company has too many people on the bench and they do not have a billable assignment for me, also the HR was not sure if the situation may change in the near future. Overall, I didn't have a good experience. It was a mere waste of my time and also my referee's time who took some time off from their busy schedule to respond back to the DWS HR. The HR should have been well informed of the company's billing pipeline and shouldn't have progressed through the hiring process if the company is not in an ideal position to hire anyone. I wish I get an opportunity to discuss the matter with leadership team member, so this is not repeated with any other potential candidate.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DWS (Sydney).

Interview

Three stages: Stage 1: HR, thats actually nothing and seemed redundant step, specially after you already had a primary chat with the hiring manager.
    Stage 2: tech interview. Even that was nothing special. Talking about many things from a very high level and then only a few common questions.
    Stage 3: written. Logical questions. Seemed boring to me. Other people said it required lots of concentration. Well even IELTS requires (if you want to get a good score) much more attention than this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for a job as an IT Consultant in DWS. It was a quick one and took nearly 2 weeks. Peer interview was really unprofessional. A transparent process.

Interview Questions

• I applied for a job as an IT Consultant in DWS.
      Recruitment team member called for first round of the interview.
      It was a general discussion with HR about my experiences and my future prospect.
      It went really well as I was expected.

Second stage of the interview was Peer interview and then Aptitude test.
      I completed my aptitude test extremely well. As a result I was contacted by HR team to get my referees.
      Two referees information was given over the phone. I was confirmed referees have given excellent feedback about me.

Last Friday I received a call from HR and informed me that my application was not successful due to
      poor performance in Peer interview. I was so surprise to hear that my application was unsuccessful.

My Peer interview was very unprofessional.Peer interview was scheduled to start on 11:00 am a day before my aptitude test.
      I informed interviewer about my arrival 10 minutes before. Interviewer came 11:15 am. He accompanied me to a coffee shop.
      I was so surprised that he was going to conduct a professional interview in a coffee shop.
      Apart from main interviewer there was another person was at the interview.

Moreover with background noise and lot of disturbances interview was held.
      He requested for my resume. Fortunately, I got a copy of my resume.
      Immediately I notice that, he was not prepared for the interview or he hasn’t done his prior preparation for the interview.
      After few minutes he requests his colleague to take control of the interview. Some point he also query from me.
      In addition during the interview he answered mobile phone.
      May be it is important call for him. It was a distraction for me.
      I had to face Peer Interview with all these background noise and interruptions.
      I tried my level best at Peer interview.  But I think my peer interview day was the worst day of my job hunt.
      I believe the way interview was conduct really unprofessional and unfair. This was the first time in my career to sit in a coffee shop for a professional interview.
      As per my colleagues this was not the way DWS has been performed in the past.

My Peer interview was scheduled a day before my aptitude test. After the Peer interview and aptitude test
      they contacted my referees and received excellent feedback.
      In my knowledge if I wasn’t perform well in Peer Interview they should not check reference.
      It was a big shock to me and my family when I was contacted by HR and informed me I was not selected to the job.

In contrast, recruitment team and the hiring staff were really helpful.
      Moreover events happened within DWS premises was really impressive.   Answer Question

19 Feb 2018 – Recruitment Operations Manager

I'm really sorry to read this. It is not the way we like to conduct ourselves. Even if unsuccessful we want people to have a positive experience. I would love to hear from you personally so we can... More

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied to this job from one of the job seeking sites. I received a email with few questionnaire and once I submitted it, initial round HR discussion was scheduled. HR was really great and nice person. Discussion went for 30 mins, and it a fruitful discussion. I was told that there will be next round i.e. Peer review. This was scheduled at onsite location in Bourke St. Office looked great and I met the Consultant/interviewer. Interview was held in waiting lounge there was music in the background and there is cafeteria nearby. Basically the place was crowded and I had hard time hearing questions and was distracted every now and then when the vendor would call out token numbers. I was not able to present my CV well and not sure how the interviewer was able to access my skillsets when I was not able to hear well and speak up. I wish, I could have told to reschedule or try to find a quieter place. Anyways, feels like interviewer lost a good resource/employee :)

It would be great if these things are avoided so that everybody will be happy with the process and interview.

Interview Questions

• If I ask your family about you, what would they tell and describe about you?   Answer Question

23 Apr 2018 – Recruitment Operations Manager

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate this

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in February 2018.

Interview

The whole recruitment process was really professional. I had a telephonic conversation followed by a behavioural round in Feb 2018. My only concern was though I believe I performed really well and could answer very confidently, I was not called for a peer interview as per process. I have an excellent professional background with Tier-1 consulting firms in the past. I waited for a week and called up the HR consultant who returned my call and told they are not proceeding to second round. I am still interested to take up this role, but was told I cannot apply for next 6 months to an year( not clear though). Would really appreciate if you could help me understand. I really feel I need to given another chance without being waiting that long.

Interview Questions

DWS Response

26 Mar 2018 – Recruitment Operations Manager

I'd be happy to discuss. Please contact me on dan.nuroo@dws.com.au

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in January 2018.

Interview

I first received a phone call with the hiring manager (Dan). Pleasant person to talk to. It was then natural to have an in-person interview with him at the HQ (500 Collins st). Nice modern office. We exchanged information about my previous experience and also about how DWS operates. Dan was very open to all the questions I had. He was also very knowledgeable and is clearly a very experienced recruiter. I was clearly informed of the whole interview process as well as the expected timeline, which I appreciated very much.

Following the first interview, I had a test arranged. The test is fair. It does not have tricky, or technical questions, or any of those IQ-test-style questions. It was truly a challenging test of your mental fortitude and focus. That was the aim, and I think the test achieved its goal.
    Following the test, a "peer interview" was scheduled. My interviewer was a BA with more experienced and even deeper knowledge of the role than I had, which was very impressive. (I'm a BA with almost 10yr experience having lived and worked across the US, Asia, and UK.)
    I received an offer after the final interview, the offer was actually a few % for more than what I asked. However I turned it down without any negotiation because I had another competing offer to work on a product that was too cool (technically) to pass up, compare to the relative "unknown" at DWS. In hindsight, I should've talked to Dan first to see what project they're looking to place me in as it could've been even cooler. My loss I suppose :)

Overall, I had a very positive interview experience that I felt I owe Dan and DWS a positive review. I think it's a fair, straightforward process that is clearly communicated. It is also involved (taking 2 trips for interviews, and a 3rd half a day off for the test could be expensive if you're on a day-rate) and challenging. However, the challenge gives good candidate the assurance that their peers will also be high caliber professionals.

I will definitely check back with DWS for future opportunities if they'd still have me.

Interview Questions

• First interview basic questions you could expect to be asked as an experienced BA Consultant   1 Answer

22 Apr 2018 – Recruitment Operations Manager

Always happy to chat when you're available again :)

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in January 2018.

Interview

Initial phone conversation, then interview with HR, followed by a test.
    I am fine with the phone conversation (more like screening) as its required to get you to the next stage. But the next step is where things could be done a little better.
    The bottleneck is the test. If you don't clear the test, you will not proceed to the next step. I am not sure if there are any exceptions to that. The test should happen first. HR interview should be done after a candidate clears the test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a callback from a hiring manager.The first round involved more of a general talk with the HR and an Aptitude test (nontechnical, Mathematics and looping) comprising 5 questions. Each question would take minimum 15 minutes to read and understand and another 15 minutes to solve. Not difficult, they were tricky and required complete concentration and an acute understanding of instructions. The second round was scheduled for the next day which I would consider as the worst day of my job hunt. The interviewer did not even let me complete most of my answers. While explaining my work rights, he cut me down saying he is not any immigration consultant and I need not say this much. There were 3 technical questions during which also he interrupted in a bad way. While answering my last question, he got in between and offered me to ask if I have any questions for them. I felt so relieved that it is finally over and I can get as far away as I can from this person. Even if there was any chance I got an offer to work with him, I would turn it down as people like him are pure evil. Maybe he was having a tough day or was not in a mood to talk to a new person that morning.
    With that aside, the hiring managers are kind, the process was transparent. Overall experience at DWS was good.

Interview Questions

DWS Response

8 Jan 2018 – Recruitment Operations Manager

I'm sorry to hear your experience was not what we expect. Please contact me directly at dan.nuroo@dws.com.au to discuss as this is not our preferred way of operating.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.