DWS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

DWS Interview Questions

Interviews at DWS

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in October 2019.

Interview

Formal non-technical interview with Recruiter and the Business Development Manager (BDM). Following the interview, sat a technical exam akin to an IQ test. After results were returned to the BDM (I never saw said results), I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate of all we have seen?   1 Answer

Project Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Sydney).

Interview

the recruitment process was made of 3 steps:
    a) HR to assess the overall fit with the organization
    b) assessment (approx 3h) on paper with a pencil
    c) GM to assess professional competencies and alignment with potential clients

It is not easy to fit the test if you already have a job. You either need to take formal time off and conduct it on a Saturday.

Interview Questions

• Classic questions about my experience and the processes applied. Terminology is important.

The test was to assess concentration and ability to follow very detail steps; initially for developers but applied to all roles (BA / PM). Maybe not the most appropriate. And it should move a digital solution (paper and pencil was the way in the 80's !!)   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in August 2019.

Interview

They did not ask me or let me know anything in advance. And wasted 2 hours of my time to travel to/from their office just to tell me they have a 4 hours test to begin with. And only after the test they would come back to me and proceed.

Interview Questions

• It was the shortest interview ever. It took me 5 minutes to realize the company does not worth it at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne).

Interview

Simple process (they explain this on their website too). First was an initial interview with internal recruitment staff, then there was a logic test, and the last stage was technical interview with another staff member who was in the same type of job.

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DWS.

Interview

Basic questions , more of a general discussion to know more about yourself and your current profile, your communication, your approach and interests. It was for about 40 minutes.
    I was called into the Collins St office of DWS.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions , more of a general discussion to know more about yourself   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in May 2019.

Interview

Hiring process was quick. I had a phone interview then was called in to their office for a second interview. They gave me an aptitude test then I got an offer a few days after the test results came out.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly on past work experiences, the industries I've worked in and types of projects I've managed.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DWS.

Interview

Intense assessment centre, filled with elite university students from around Europe. Walk in and do a written case study exercise. Followed by group discussion and presentation. 5 back-to-back interviews (alternating between technical and competency). Case-study prep and individual presentation. Surprise finance/numerical test to end with.

Interview Questions

• Name one valuable thing that you've done for non-monetary reasons.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in July 2018Process involves 3 stages:
    1. HR interview. Here you are assessed for your cultural suitability to the company. This was quite rigorous
    2. Technical interview: Here a senior consultant interviews you in relation to the type of role you are seeking. Sometimes these can become quite specific in terms of the information sought. You might be asked to solve a problem right there in the interview room.
    3. An aptitude test.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in November 2018.

Interview

Stage 1 - HR Interview
    Stage 2 - Peer / Technical Interview
    I did not progress past stage two but believe that there would then be a test of sorts and finally a meeting with senior management.

Test Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in August 2018.

Interview

I have applied for the Test Consultant role via Employee referral in July 2018.

Rob ( Talent Acquisition specialist) contacted me on 26 July 2018 and asked me to compete and submit the questionnaire.
    Later I got an invite from Rob to attend initial interview on 01 August 2018. This was more of behavioral questions and he tried to get information whether I would fit in consulting role or not- and the result was positive and he immediately pulled in Patrick ( BDM at DWS) to have a chat with me to see where I stand. Rob asked me my availability to schedule Technical/Peer interview ASAP.

My Technical/Peer interview was scheduled on 03 Aug 2018 , but postponed to 7 Aug 2018 and finally fixed on 8 Aug 2018 due to non availability of Senior Consultants.

On 8 Aug 2018 8 AM- I had my Technical/Peer Interview with Raymond Huisman ( Senior Consultant/ Test Manager) . Interview was really good -touching many technical and Testing aspects. At the end of interview , Raymond said he is very happy with my performance and would give a very good feedback.

On the same day at 10 AM , Rob contacted me and acknowledged the positive feedback from Raymond and asked to provide Passport & educational document copies and Referee details immediately to make me an offer . He also asked me to inform my referees to expect a call same day.

As requested by Rob ,I have submitted all the documents & referee contacts ,and informed my referees about my new job and asked them to complete reference check ASAP when they get it.

Few hours later on same day, I received message from Rob that they are still waiting on Project to be assigned to my name to make an offer- so he said he will do the reference checks once that process is done. I informed my referees the same thing.

From that time Rob did contact me on the update of hiring process delay because of few projects on Hold and many consultants on bench.

On 7 Sep 2018, Rob sent me the update of " Temporary Hiring Freeze" and could not able to give proper time frame of how long it can be. From there I was contacting Rob every month to get the hiring update. I did not get any reply from Rob when I did ask for an update in Feb 2019. Then I did contact reception and they have informed me of Rob moving out of DWS and connected me to Scott Comte ( Talent Acquisition Specialist) . Scott reviewed my file and said hiring freeze is still on and would contact me when it is off.

I did contact Scott in April 2019 to know the status and he said hiring freeze is off and offered me to take BIS test on 9 April 2019. The test was tricky and took 4 hours.

On 12 April 2019 , Scott contacted and informed me not progressing with my application further as I haven't reached benchmark in BIS Test. I said to Scott about the whole process of almost giving an offer and reference checks and now rejecting after going too far. Scott said his hands are tied as the BIS test benchmark was made mandatory in 2019.

Rob, Patrick, Raymond & Scott - all of them were very professional in the interviews and coordination was excellent. Really happy with conversation and coordinating with them.

My initial experience was positive , but my final experience is negative as it has gone for long time and I had to go through changed process and get rejected after being approved once. I have informed my referees about reference check and later I felt bad when they asked me about the progress of it.

I could not digest the fact , that I was approved and things moved very fast to get an offer and then hire freeze , long delay and finally BIS test landed me to rejection. I did wait for long for the hire freeze to go off and get hired as I was very much interested in the role because of very good projects and work exposure being employed as DWS consultant( conveyed by ex colleague who is a very happy and satisfied employee at DWS)

I hope this kind of experience doesn't happen to anyone.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.