DWS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

DWS Interview Questions

Updated 17 May 2018

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

It was not fair

Interview Questions

DWS Response

16 Jul 2017 – Chairman

we are not in salt lake city, maybe that why you didn't get job. and we certainly don't ask how to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DWS.

Interview

1) Phone screening (Hi whats your situation? Do you know much about consulting? Whats your salary expectation? When can you start?) — 10 mins

2) HR interview (Standard tell me about yourself. Are you a team player? Can you do more than coding? How do you handle deadlines?) – 30 mins

3) Technical Interview (Senior consultant tests your knowledge for an hour across the full tech stack – How would you refactor this java code (hint: first question use an interface, second use generics, third use spring bean annotations), Write some SQL (write a query to get top 5 employee first names whose names START with 'John' ordered by first name. hint use string wild card and the limit function), Write jquery code to process a click event, Talk about whats new with HTML5, Explain how you would unit test server side code, unit test front end code, explain dependency injection) – 1 hour

4) Programmer written test – (4 hour test. Independent of language. Purely logical and process intensive. eg. If your result is greater than 2, go the line 1 else start again with line 9. Some questions are really difficult. Hardest part is to understand the question, focus a lot on the steps taken to come up with the answer. Don't lose focus as the questions are very loopy. Write down everything you mentally think so you know where you are)

Offered the job. Took 2 weeks in total. Good people. Wear a suit. Know how much you want in terms of salary. Be strong in Java object oriented design patterns and Java SE (if you have done your OCJP or SCJP you should be fine).

Warning: This is a consultancy. They usually hire in anticipation of a getting a contract with their client. If things go pear-shaped with the client, expect to be culled at anytime during the recruitment process. Also during the phone screen, it is very much possible, that their engagement with the client starts very soon. They are more likely to progress with you if you can join them within 4 weeks. Some people may be discarded because of their 4 week notice period. Its just very client driven so ask them when they expect people to start by. )

Hint: Make sure you get the best salary deal possible. The thing with consultancies is that your salary will very slowly progress year on year. Best is to start off with the highest possible salary (give them a range rather than an absolute figure to be on the safe side).

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DWS (Sydney).

Interview

Three stages: Stage 1: HR, thats actually nothing and seemed redundant step, specially after you already had a primary chat with the hiring manager.
    Stage 2: tech interview. Even that was nothing special. Talking about many things from a very high level and then only a few common questions.
    Stage 3: written. Logical questions. Seemed boring to me. Other people said it required lots of concentration. Well even IELTS requires (if you want to get a good score) much more attention than this.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DWS (Sydney) in June 2016.

Interview

There was an initial interview testing your basic java and java script skills followed by an aptitude test. Once you are through that, there is a technical interview with the Manager and Java interviewer.

Interview Questions

• They mostly concentrated on my prior experience and day to day responsibilities in the past work. I was asked to explain in detail about one of the feature that i implemented in the last project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in July 2016.

Interview

1. Telephone screen by Hr - quick 5-10 mins conversation about past experience and what I m looking for . Salary expectations.
    2. Face to face HR interview - 15-20 mins about past experience, new role , salary . Just to see if u fit into the organisation, can communicate well etc.
    3. Aptitude test - took around 4 hours , not related to programming, to assess your attention to detail, patience and concentration. Go with a clear well rested mind.
    4. Technical interview- with a technical senior consultant.30-40 min. Just about experience and technology used in past. The interviewer got few example program prints and asked to optimise them. Asked about different design patterns I used and why I used.

All over the process took around 2 weeks within which I got offer letter .

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Brisbane) in December 2015.

Interview

The whole selection process was in 4 stages.
    1. Phone screening by HR - around 15 mins
    2. Aptitude Test - written test, nothing related to programming - felt it was like waste of time for an experienced person, may be good for a beginner - around 3 hours
    3. Technical Interview by a senior consultant - around 20 -25 mins
    4. Personal Interview by General Manager - a name sake one.

The whole process took about 4 weeks and they offered me the job and I accepted. I got a call from the HR postponing the date of joining by 1 week. No new offer letter was provided. 4 days prior to the date of joining, got another call from the HR regarding change of joining date. This time they changed the joining date to the next month. I was not happy with that and rejected the offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne).

Interview

Dingy office in the CBD. The lead interviewer was dismissive and rude. They will lose top tier talent because the recruiters at other firms are much smarter and more professional.

Interview Questions

• General questions about experience and motivations. Logical reasoning test and technical competency interview   Answer Question

Growing business but not quite prestigious for how poorly they treat you.

DWS Response

16 Jul 2017 – Chairman

We certainly don't have a dingy office in Melbourne, in fact we are at 500 Collins st The best street in Melbourne. You state its bad because you got a difficult interview, would you expect us to... More

IT-Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DWS.

Interview

Very unethical. They promise you some position over the emails and change it while signing the offer letter. Do not resign from your current employer based on verbal communication with HR personals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DWS (Sydney) in March 2011.

Interview

Group interview with 6 senior managers. Discussion format with some specific skills based questions, but mostly focussed on soft skills and relationship management. Immediate feedback at the end of the interview, followed up with a call within days offering a position

Interview Questions

• How would you influence team for positive performance   1 Answer

Graduate IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in October 2016.

Interview

There were 3 stages of interview which consisted of Face to face, a Testing phase (4ish hours) and a Presentation where you were given a topic and had to prepare it in front of a board of employees.

Interview Questions

• Generic hr questions and explaining technical questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.