DWS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Find your next job here

DWS Interview Questions

Updated 17 Feb 2018

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

It was not fair

Interview Questions

DWS Response

16 Jul 2017 – Chairman

we are not in salt lake city, maybe that why you didn't get job. and we certainly don't ask how to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for a job as an IT Consultant in DWS. It was a quick one and took nearly 2 weeks. Peer interview was really unprofessional. A transparent process.

Interview Questions

• I applied for a job as an IT Consultant in DWS.
      Recruitment team member called for first round of the interview.
      It was a general discussion with HR about my experiences and my future prospect.
      It went really well as I was expected.

Second stage of the interview was Peer interview and then Aptitude test.
      I completed my aptitude test extremely well. As a result I was contacted by HR team to get my referees.
      Two referees information was given over the phone. I was confirmed referees have given excellent feedback about me.

Last Friday I received a call from HR and informed me that my application was not successful due to
      poor performance in Peer interview. I was so surprise to hear that my application was unsuccessful.

My Peer interview was very unprofessional.Peer interview was scheduled to start on 11:00 am a day before my aptitude test.
      I informed interviewer about my arrival 10 minutes before. Interviewer came 11:15 am. He accompanied me to a coffee shop.
      I was so surprised that he was going to conduct a professional interview in a coffee shop.
      Apart from main interviewer there was another person was at the interview.

Moreover with background noise and lot of disturbances interview was held.
      He requested for my resume. Fortunately, I got a copy of my resume.
      Immediately I notice that, he was not prepared for the interview or he hasn’t done his prior preparation for the interview.
      After few minutes he requests his colleague to take control of the interview. Some point he also query from me.
      In addition during the interview he answered mobile phone.
      May be it is important call for him. It was a distraction for me.
      I had to face Peer Interview with all these background noise and interruptions.
      I tried my level best at Peer interview.  But I think my peer interview day was the worst day of my job hunt.
      I believe the way interview was conduct really unprofessional and unfair. This was the first time in my career to sit in a coffee shop for a professional interview.
      As per my colleagues this was not the way DWS has been performed in the past.

My Peer interview was scheduled a day before my aptitude test. After the Peer interview and aptitude test
      they contacted my referees and received excellent feedback.
      In my knowledge if I wasn’t perform well in Peer Interview they should not check reference.
      It was a big shock to me and my family when I was contacted by HR and informed me I was not selected to the job.

In contrast, recruitment team and the hiring staff were really helpful.
      Moreover events happened within DWS premises was really impressive.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in January 2018.

Interview

Initial phone conversation, then interview with HR, followed by a test.
    I am fine with the phone conversation (more like screening) as its required to get you to the next stage. But the next step is where things could be done a little better.
    The bottleneck is the test. If you don't clear the test, you will not proceed to the next step. I am not sure if there are any exceptions to that. The test should happen first. HR interview should be done after a candidate clears the test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a callback from a hiring manager.The first round involved more of a general talk with the HR and an Aptitude test (nontechnical, Mathematics and looping) comprising 5 questions. Each question would take minimum 15 minutes to read and understand and another 15 minutes to solve. Not difficult, they were tricky and required complete concentration and an acute understanding of instructions. The second round was scheduled for the next day which I would consider as the worst day of my job hunt. The interviewer did not even let me complete most of my answers. While explaining my work rights, he cut me down saying he is not any immigration consultant and I need not say this much. There were 3 technical questions during which also he interrupted in a bad way. While answering my last question, he got in between and offered me to ask if I have any questions for them. I felt so relieved that it is finally over and I can get as far away as I can from this person. Even if there was any chance I got an offer to work with him, I would turn it down as people like him are pure evil. Maybe he was having a tough day or was not in a mood to talk to a new person that morning.
    With that aside, the hiring managers are kind, the process was transparent. Overall experience at DWS was good.

Interview Questions

DWS Response

8 Jan 2018 – Recruitment Operations Manager

I'm sorry to hear your experience was not what we expect. Please contact me directly at dan.nuroo@dws.com.au to discuss as this is not our preferred way of operating.

Iteration Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in July 2017.

Interview

The initial phone interview was such a downer that I am not keen on going into the next round. The person who did the phone screen was clearly reading out of a script and had no idea of what is expected of an iteration Manager. She was giggling all the way through as well. Totally underwhelmed and unimpressed by her lack of understanding and in general attitude.
    I am taking my application back and will not be progressing with it any further.

Interview Questions

• Nothing relevant, she had no clue about the requirements of the role she was phone screening for or my resume either   Answer Question

16 Jul 2017 – Chairman

hi I would be very interested in chatting to you. regards danny wallis

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in June 2017.

Interview

The whole interview process took about 4 days. HR kept in contact and was really helpful and friendly with all questions I had through out the entire process. All in all was a pleasant experience. The only reason I turned down the offer was because I had another offer come through that was heavily related my field.

Interview Questions

• There is a Logical reasoning test to be completed. It was fairly unique style of questions and very interesting.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in May 2017.

Interview

DWS has a structured hiring process like any other.

The 3 Phases are as below:

1. Face to Face hiring manager interview working around your basic experience and salary expectations. They request a brief overview of your skill set and tools to correctly direct you for the next Technical interview round.

2. Face to Face Technical interview with a senior consultant. For me it was a highly experienced senior analytics manager. We discussed on various technical aspects related to my role, Design and patterns I used in my project. Upcoming trends and my interest to learn new technologies. It was more of a friendly conversation with focus on technical side of todays market trend and my skills.

3. Aptitude test. This was the most interesting and out of the box exam I have ever attended in a recruitment process. You need not prepare anything specific for this. It tests your focus, concentration and ability to work based on instructions in an iterative fashion.

If you are able to successfully traverse through the entire process, they will request for 2 references for background check.

It was a pleasant experience interviewing with DWS. Everyone is very friendly and open to discussion. Presently, I am standing at the last step of the recruitment process.

Still awaiting for the offer letter. Hopeful I get it soon :-)

Interview Questions

DWS Response

8 Jan 2018 – Recruitment Operations Manager

Thanks for the feedback, I hope you received your offer.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne) in April 2017.

Interview

First interview was conducted by HR and was quite professional and detailed regarding the potion description. Second interview was conducted by a Project Manager from DWS who started less than 9months ago, very unprofessional and quite confusing as he couldn't describe a lot of things and his hand writing was such a mess that I don't even know if he wrote down my answers correctly.
    I felt that I would have been a great fit for the role I had applied for however the second interviewer may have felt
    intimidated by my skills and experience

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Awful organisation, I was first contacted by HR for initial screening. Later on a separate call was requested to come for an interview but didn't recieve any details until few hours before the interview.

Individual who was meant to interview me didn't turn up instead another individual came to take my Interview and requested another person to dialin and assist who dropped of within 15 minutes and while I was answering to their question.

Office was unimpressive with old junk kept everywhere in the meeting room.

I never heard back from them and I am glad that I didn't.

Interview Questions

• Which knowledge area from PMBOK you enjoy most as part of your job and why?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne).

Interview

Dingy office in the CBD. The lead interviewer was dismissive and rude. They will lose top tier talent because the recruiters at other firms are much smarter and more professional.

Interview Questions

• General questions about experience and motivations. Logical reasoning test and technical competency interview   Answer Question

Growing business but not quite prestigious for how poorly they treat you.

16 Jul 2017 – Chairman

We certainly don't have a dingy office in Melbourne, in fact we are at 500 Collins st The best street in Melbourne. You state its bad because you got a difficult interview, would you expect us to... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.