Daniels Health Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Dan Daniels

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "there are some great people below management level" (in 5 reviews)

• "The work environment within Daniels is very rewarding and challenging" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "We definitely have growing pains and it can be difficult to get in touch with other plants" (in 8 reviews)

• "401k match is 1% and that just started last year" (in 3 reviews)

"What I do makes a difference, I am a part of something that matters."

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time

Pros

Daniels’ vision, values & culture sets them apart from any company I’ve ever known. Since its origin, they’ve focussed on making safety & sustainability the paramount of healthcare. There’s an amazing culture at Daniels, people take pride in what they do and the company provides development opportunities for proven-performers. I am continually excited by the impact this business is having, and its vision for the future. It’s a wonderful place to work and I highly recommend it.

Cons

Considering this is a rapidly growing business in the global arena, there are undoubtedly growing pains in areas such as processes and benefits. However, they are open to change and are working towards fixing these issues as they’ve recently amended the company’s benefits, making it much more affordable for everyone and in doing so they have also educated all locations on the details of their benefits program. The CEO is so focused and committed to investing in his people that I believe they will rise above these growing pains.

22 Mar 2018 – Senior Leadership

You sound like quite the advocate! You are right... safety, sustainability and people are incredibly important to us.

We're so glad you have joined our vision of making healthcare safer. We are... More

"Looks good on the surface, no substance"

I worked at Daniels Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-there are some great people below management level
    - Interesting product and service offering with a lot of potential
    - Great coffee

Cons

-No autonomy (left on your own with no ability to get things done)
    -no training or support
    -spending money is a nightmare
    -management is happy to spend money on management summits etc. but dont give staff resources to do their job or pay for training
    -The various regions all operate independantly with little standardization.
    -communication is limited to corporate propogander, they want to appear to be leading edge and progressive without actually doing anything leading edge

Poor Management
    -no manager will ever sign off on scope or take responsibility for task completion
    -ignore compliance/safety concerns in plants or wont fund fixes proposed by PMs
    -management treated better than staff and are never in the office
    -The ceo makes personal comments to people about appearance, relationships and other things which are inappropriate for the workplace
    -will change and add responsibilities without adjusting compensation or in the case of projects they will constantly change scope without considering resources or timelines
    -hire people with inadequate qualifications because they are family or friends of family

Advice to Management

Listen to people.
    You hire people then ignore their advice.
    Compensate, reward and recognize people below management.
    Management need to lead by example.

22 Mar 2018 – Senior Leadership

We thank you for being so honest, you were very clearly hurt by your experience working with Daniels and have some very personal grievances with the management team; we would really love to... More

"A fantastic company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Pros

Employees were entrusted with broad project management and substantial independency. The various teams were cohesive and meshed well. Definitely an overall positive work environment.

Cons

Lower number of shared resources, personnel and dependency between some neighboring sections meant that the dynamically changing goals and objectives could experience increased hold ups as a result of short term notice.

30 Jan 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thank you kindly for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to know you felt positive and empowered with us and to know our teams are working well together. As we grow quickly... More

"Family business that's gone international"

Pros

Daniels is a Company that truly values people that are hardworking, puts in 100% and perform in a manner that reflects its values.
    In a team/site environment, people look out for each other. It's somewhat like a family where you bicker, you're honest and then you make up and move on.
    They have a thorough interview process that provides the employer and employee opportunities to get to know each other, and it showcases to the employee the consultative nature of how the business operates.

Cons

The business has grown very quickly and organically, which is great as it provides the community with job opportunities and skills. However it's processes and systems need to play catch up to ensure this business remains as a market leader. Candidates/Employees who have a knack for process improvement, persuasive negotiation, systems implementation experience and most of all who are determined, will enjoy a role here to take the Company to the next step.

Advice to Management

Make time for your people.

22 Mar 2018 – Senior Leadership

Thank you for your feedback, hopefully not too much bickering! But we do value your sentiment of a family environment; we love the fact that we are a global business but still have such a strong... More

"A young business with growing pains"

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a business that is open for feedback and change. For proven performers the opportunities exist for development and it seems that the business is searching for future leaders which says a lot. The CEO displays a servant leadership mentality and is very much available to all.

Cons

The growth Daniels Health has seen is very exciting and reflective of everyone's hard work but with that comes growing pains that I am sure we all feel. This too impacts the culture and our retention, sadly. If we work together as a team we should overcome these problems with time. New processes and greater structure will help support with these challenges. Global and local communication lacks which will save us if improved. Remembering that we are here to help build this young business is key.

Advice to Management

Encourage the feedback from all employees and remember even the little things/improvements matter. The CEO's story and his message is inspirational so that should be shared more across the globe, regularly, to remind us of why we are here.

12 Nov 2015 – Global GM - People & Culture

Thanks for your feedback. This is an exciting time in our business filled with opportunity, but we also acknowledge the challenges that exist. We continue to work hard on these and really value the... More

"Visionary company that will go far"

Pros

I pursued a job with Daniels because I saw their products at work and really believed in the products and services they provide. Believing in the core vision is the first step for me. As a company, it attracts fantastic people, I’ve only been in the business for a short time but I feel really connected to both the people and the vision. The management are very empowering of employees to innovate and further their ideas, for me it’s a great business to learn and grow.

Cons

There’s not a huge amount of investment made into process and knowledge management, so for a newbie it’s a bit of a struggle at first. However being in the business now for some time, I feel that the IP, skill and expertise is there, it just doesn’t have centralized management.

Advice to Management

Invest in processes to retain and further the amazing work the company is doing. Connecting our global departments more would really add a huge amount of value to the context of the work we do and the cross-sharing of information. Overall however, I think this is just such a great company to work for with an amazing sense of purpose and I look forward to growing my career with Daniels.

"Professional and growing business"

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Daniels is a young company with influential leaders. They are very focused on company values and the environment. If you work hard and prove yourself, upper management recognises your talent.

Cons

While Daniels is still very young and growing, structures are still being put in place. It's a great opportunity to implement new initiatives then battle difficult processes.

6 Jan 2018 – Senior Leadership

Thank you for your review; I am thankful to hear that you feel recognized for your talent and rewarded in the culture that Daniels Health fosters.

We are on a steep growth trajectory and are... More

8. "Sales Leadership!"

Current Employee - National IDN Director in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - National IDN Director in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Daniels family continues to develop an incredible culture driven by servant leadership principles. The organization as whole is focused and driven towards very strategic goals. Overall Daniels Health has great safety engineered devises that truly make a difference within healthcare. It’s incredible to be part of an organization that has so much to give and do much potential to become the market leader.

Cons

There are none at this time.

Advice to Management

Let’s keep forging forward! We all have grit to give!

9. "Engaging and many interesting challenges"

Current Employee - Team Member
    Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time

Pros

* We work with a bunch of very smart people.
    * Engaging.
    * Fun
    *Many interesting challenges
    * A sense of excitement and security to be part of a fast growing fast pace company.
    * A healthy culture.

Cons

I do not have any cons to list even after being part of dynamic team for a number of years.

17 Apr 2018 – Senior Leadership

Thank you for your very concise and affirming review. I absolutely agree that our team are a smart, fun and truly committed group of people, I feel proud to work in such a collaborative culture... More

"Sales"

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you show initiative, and fit in, the company genuinely takes interest in your success. They work hard to provide new opportunities for growth. The office has a very "work hard, play hard" mentality. The mission of the company is genuine and a driving force for the majority of employees. The ability to change makes for great flexibility in improving the conditions of their employees. You will meet great role models at Daniels that will push you to develop your career. The CEO is a visionary and will take the time to meet you regularly and talk. Marketing material and product are phenomenal.

Cons

Because it is a small company, everyone often has many tasks at once. While this is great as a challenge it is also stressful and causes many things to fall. Often 12 hours of work are expected to be done in an 8 hour day. The technology isn't up to date. There is a tendency for some department to be cliquey and exclusionary. Policy and procedure are not communicated well throughout the company. Often everyone is not on the same page. Some departments get, what appears to be, special treatment while other departments that do extremely crucial jobs for the company, struggle to get a provided lunch even quarterly.

Advice to Management

They need to invest in the quality of people they hire (in salary and otherwise) and make sure all departments have appropriate bandwidth. The employees are hard-working and care about the company, it is important to stay competitive and retain them. Employees need to have clearly established goals. Reward natural leadership and intellectual contribution as often as you can, lest it go unappreciated..