Daniels Health Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Daniels Health Reviews

Updated Oct 14, 2019

Found 68 reviews

3.2
Daniels Health CEO Dan Daniels (no image)
Dan Daniels
Pros
  • "there are some great people below management level(in 5 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "A growing business always has growing pains(in 11 reviews)

• "Again, this is a growing company and with that comes changes(in 4 reviews)

"What I do makes a difference, I am a part of something that matters."

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time

Pros

Daniels’ vision, values & culture sets them apart from any company I’ve ever known. Since its origin, they’ve focussed on making safety & sustainability the paramount of healthcare. There’s an amazing culture at Daniels, people take pride in what they do and the company provides development opportunities for proven-performers. I am continually excited by the impact this business is having, and its vision for the... future. It’s a wonderful place to work and I highly recommend it.

Cons

Considering this is a rapidly growing business in the global arena, there are undoubtedly growing pains in areas such as processes and benefits. However, they are open to change and are working towards fixing these issues as they’ve recently amended the company’s benefits, making it much more affordable for everyone and in doing so they have also educated all locations on the details of their benefits program. The... CEO is so focused and committed to investing in his people that I believe they will rise above these growing pains.

Daniels Health2015-11-25

March 22, 2018Senior Leadership

You sound like quite the advocate! You are right... safety, sustainability and people are incredibly important to us. We're so glad you have joined our vision of making healthcare safer. We are committed to continually refining our benefits offering to ensure our staff are taken care of and appreciate that you have persisted with us as we have worked through this process. We take great inspiration from the fact that our CEO (and founder) leads by example so his dedication to a 32 year old journey really does ignite a fire in all of us. Thanks for being part of the journey!

"Looks good on the surface, no substance"

I worked at Daniels Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-there are some great people below management level - Interesting product and service offering with a lot of potential - Great coffee

Cons

-No autonomy (left on your own with no ability to get things done) -no training or support -spending money is a nightmare -management is happy to spend money on management summits etc. but dont give staff resources to do their job or pay for training -The various regions all operate independantly with little standardization. -communication is limited to corporate propogander, they want to appear to be leading edge... and progressive without actually doing anything leading edge Poor Management -no manager will ever sign off on scope or take responsibility for task completion -ignore compliance/safety concerns in plants or wont fund fixes proposed by PMs -management treated better than staff and are never in the office -The ceo makes personal comments to people about appearance, relationships and other things which are inappropriate for the workplace -will change and add responsibilities without adjusting compensation or in the case of projects they will constantly change scope without considering resources or timelines -hire people with inadequate qualifications because they are family or friends of family

Advice to Management

Listen to people. You hire people then ignore their advice. Compensate, reward and recognize people below management. Management need to lead by example.

Daniels Health2018-03-07

March 22, 2018Senior Leadership

We thank you for being so honest, you were very clearly hurt by your experience working with Daniels and have some very personal grievances with the management team; we would really love to understand more. There are some points you have raised which we would agree hand-on-heart we're not good at and we need to improve, but others that appear to be very misaligned to our company practices, and our commitment to our people and their future growth. You have raised concerns about compliance that we take very seriously, and we would appreciate if you could provide further information confirming the same so we can action accordingly. We wish you all the best in your future role and hope that you are able to feel more supported than you felt working for Daniels Health; we are truly sorry that your 5+ years of employment with us is recalled in such a negative light.

"A fantastic company"

in Melbourne

I worked at Daniels Health

Pros

Employees were entrusted with broad project management and substantial independency. The various teams were cohesive and meshed well. Definitely an overall positive work environment.

Cons

Lower number of shared resources, personnel and dependency between some neighboring sections meant that the dynamically changing goals and objectives could experience increased hold ups as a result of short term notice.

Daniels Health2016-12-23

January 30, 2017Chief People Officer

Thank you kindly for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to know you felt positive and empowered with us and to know our teams are working well together. As we grow quickly it is important for us to ensure all of the processes we need are in place. We wish you all the best for your next opportunity. Regards, Jude Duff

"Family business that's gone international"

I have been working at Daniels Health

Pros

Daniels is a Company that truly values people that are hardworking, puts in 100% and perform in a manner that reflects its values. In a team/site environment, people look out for each other. It's somewhat like a family where you bicker, you're honest and then you make up and move on. They have a thorough interview process that provides the employer and employee opportunities to get to know each other, and it... showcases to the employee the consultative nature of how the business operates.

Cons

The business has grown very quickly and organically, which is great as it provides the community with job opportunities and skills. However it's processes and systems need to play catch up to ensure this business remains as a market leader. Candidates/Employees who have a knack for process improvement, persuasive negotiation, systems implementation experience and most of all who are determined, will enjoy a role... here to take the Company to the next step.

Advice to Management

Make time for your people.

Daniels Health2016-04-04

March 22, 2018Senior Leadership

Thank you for your feedback, hopefully not too much bickering! But we do value your sentiment of a family environment; we love the fact that we are a global business but still have such a strong family core. Our interview process is really important to us, as it gives the candidate the opportunity to make sure they want to work with Daniels, and for our team to correctly determine they are a right fit. We're passionate about growing leaders that want to grow with us; we have a long range vision and this requires some long-range commitment. We absolutely concur that we have some processes and systems that need an upgrade! We're working on this! We realize these tools are essential to helping our team succeed in their roles. We're not 100% there, but we we are well on the way. Thank you for your commitment to Daniels, we appreciate your contribution to shaping our future.

"A young business with growing pains"

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a business that is open for feedback and change. For proven performers the opportunities exist for development and it seems that the business is searching for future leaders which says a lot. The CEO displays a servant leadership mentality and is very much available to all.

Cons

The growth Daniels Health has seen is very exciting and reflective of everyone's hard work but with that comes growing pains that I am sure we all feel. This too impacts the culture and our retention, sadly. If we work together as a team we should overcome these problems with time. New processes and greater structure will help support with these challenges. Global and local communication lacks which will save us if... improved. Remembering that we are here to help build this young business is key.

Advice to Management

Encourage the feedback from all employees and remember even the little things/improvements matter. The CEO's story and his message is inspirational so that should be shared more across the globe, regularly, to remind us of why we are here.

Daniels Health2015-10-19

November 12, 2015Global GM - People & Culture

Thanks for your feedback. This is an exciting time in our business filled with opportunity, but we also acknowledge the challenges that exist. We continue to work hard on these and really value the commitment of our team in bringing constant improvement. We look forward to what is ahead. We agree that Dan's story is worthy of being shared more across our business. We have plans for this so watch this space. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback. Kind regards, Jude Duff

"Visionary company that will go far"

I have been working at Daniels Health

Pros

I pursued a job with Daniels because I saw their products at work and really believed in the products and services they provide. Believing in the core vision is the first step for me. As a company, it attracts fantastic people, I’ve only been in the business for a short time but I feel really connected to both the people and the vision. The management are very empowering of employees to innovate and further their... ideas, for me it’s a great business to learn and grow.

Cons

There’s not a huge amount of investment made into process and knowledge management, so for a newbie it’s a bit of a struggle at first. However being in the business now for some time, I feel that the IP, skill and expertise is there, it just doesn’t have centralized management.

Advice to Management

Invest in processes to retain and further the amazing work the company is doing. Connecting our global departments more would really add a huge amount of value to the context of the work we do and the cross-sharing of information. Overall however, I think this is just such a great company to work for with an amazing sense of purpose and I look forward to growing my career with Daniels.

Daniels Health2015-07-08

"Professional and growing business"

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Daniels is a young company with influential leaders. They are very focused on company values and the environment. If you work hard and prove yourself, upper management recognises your talent.

Cons

While Daniels is still very young and growing, structures are still being put in place. It's a great opportunity to implement new initiatives then battle difficult processes.

Daniels Health2014-10-31

January 6, 2018Senior Leadership

Thank you for your review; I am thankful to hear that you feel recognized for your talent and rewarded in the culture that Daniels Health fosters. We are on a steep growth trajectory and are continually investing in processes that will build a stronger platform for our future. I am sincerely grateful for people like yourself who are part of this journey and are able to contribute to initiatives that will influence direction for years to come. Thank you for your belief and investment, I believe our best is yet to come. Dan Daniels CEO

8. "Good Company, nice job"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Daniels Health part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, decent pay.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

None

Daniels Health2019-10-14
  9. "Great company and good people"

Former Employee - Commercial Manager

I worked at Daniels Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovative and relevant business with the customer experience at the forefront. Some really good individuals who want to do well for the business.

Cons

A growing business always has growing pains

Daniels Health2019-07-14

"A fantastic place to work with endless opportunities..."

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The Culture - the people I work with are some of the nicest people I know. - Engagement - there is an entire team dedicated to putting together events and social activities to making Daniels Health a good place to work. - Integrity - the company prides itself on its commitment to safety and sustainability, and they really do follow through. - Growth - the company has continuously been growing year on year in a... stable industry which gives confidence and job security. - Entrepreneurial Spirit - with company leaders always thinking outside of the box, you'll never be just a number, you're opinion matters and there is opportunities for you to grow professionally with new roles, new projects and teams being created continuously. - Fast Pace - if you like a fast-paced environment, things definitely move quickly here, so there's never a dull moment.

Cons

- Growing pains, when a company like this has been continuously growing year on year the struggles of managing that growth can be a challenge as attaining resources doesn't often align with the speed of growth, but that is to be expected with any growing company.

Daniels Health2019-06-19