Edelman Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Edelman CEO Richard W. Edelman
Richard W. Edelman
1,222 Ratings
Cons
  1. "Relaxing and friendly environment"

Former Employee - Coordinator

I worked at Edelman full-time

Pros

Very relaxing and friendly working environment

Cons

The salary was not very competitive.

Edelman2019-08-05

"Show more care and respect to staff"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Sydney

I worked at Edelman full-time

Pros

Junior team is great Office is nice Working on big brands

Cons

No onboarding Working overtime constantly Uncompetitive pay Staff frequently burn out Senior management bullying juniors

Edelman2019-08-17
  3. "Accounts Officer"

I have been working at Edelman full-time

Pros

Good People Good Team and Good Culture

Cons

Need more L&D and career path

Edelman2019-04-03
  4. "Designer"

I worked at Edelman full-time

Pros

Good management when it existed Employee benefits are pretty good - massages, company parties, snacks, cab charge when staying late

Cons

Management was very hands off, most growth was self learning Never given the training promised and dates were delayed multiple times Manager disappeared, another one was made redundant

Edelman2019-02-04

Edelman Response

February 11, 2019Edelman

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry that you didn't have a consistently strong management experience. Manager training is an area we plan to focus even more on in the next several months. I'm also sorry that trainings you were looking forward to were pushed out. While at times this ...

"Major changes needed"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Sydney

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great views from the office

Cons

A VERY cliquey culture where a lot of whispering about others goes on CEO has a passion for sacking people HR headed by someone stuck in PR in the 80s

Advice to Management

Strip out the cliquey inner circle, replace Steve for a more balanced leader, allow individuality

Edelman2019-02-03
  6. "Dreadful Culture, Bullying, Backstabbing and Borderline Harassment"

I worked at Edelman full-time

Pros

No pros - good office location for quick escapes from this disgusting sweatshop.

Cons

Minimum wage and 15 hour days, an unsupportive team that goes out of their way to rubbish/trash your work - both to your face, on emails CCed around to the entire office in a passive aggressive tone, and behind your back. Also - don't even think about being unwell - they will force you to work from home even if you have indicated this is impossible. The misconduct of this place is deplorable, and it has a bad party... culture that is dangerous and I'm sure has led to serious issues in the past. Honestly - run, run far away. You could get treated much better and earn far more money somewhere else!

Advice to Management

Maybe they should pay their staff about 20-30k more as a minimum to start - so that the 15 hour days are more acceptable??? Although this place really need to be investigated by the Department of Fair Trading - because you were bullied for even thinking about having lunch away from your desk or spending too long in the bathroom. Eating is also frowned upon too - they expect everyone to look a certain way, and this... is also discriminatory in so many ways. The HR is never present and could not care less about your well-being.

Edelman2018-05-20

Edelman Response

May 30, 2018Edelman

We are very disappointed to hear about the experience you’ve had working with us. Although our Australian offices have undergone significant change over the past few years, we have always tried to promote and sustain a healthy and productive working environment. We take your concerns ...

7. "Professional exciting company"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

They invest time and resource in you, if you are wiling to put in the hours. Great list of clients to work on. Good people to work with.

Cons

There are some roles in the company like client strategist which seem unnecessary.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Edelman2016-10-19

"Good culture but underpaid."

Former Employee - Account Director

I worked at Edelman full-time

Pros

- Great clients with global exposure. - Driven, talented people that want to create good work. - Opportunity to grow career through promotion structure. - Good culture with friendly people. - Great parties.

Cons

- They underpay almost everyone. When asked about it, it's said they say that they are simply happy with what people are paid. - They often give out promotions without the pay increase (uptitled). - As such, they have a very high turn over rate. - This is a place to spend a couple of years, get a promotion and leave for a much better paid job.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees the industry average wage for what they do and you will see a much lower turn over rate.

Edelman2016-01-25
  9. "Internship Review"

I worked at Edelman

Pros

-Encouraging Environment -Professional -Good Experience -Friendly Staff Members/Internship Advisor very helpful

Cons

-No contacts made/Career Opportunities -HR not very responsive to emails -Can feel like just a number and get lost

Advice to Management

-Not enough HR staff to handle the load

Edelman2015-09-16
  10. "Strong work ethic, lots of potential for growth"

Current Employee - Account Director in Sydney

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

The network is amazing and the opportunities to work with big global teams is awesome. The very high standard or work is also rewarding

Cons

Some teams are on the small side so working at Edelman can be tough for those not working autonomously.

Edelman2014-04-08