EnergyAustralia Reviews

2.6
EnergyAustralia Managing Director Catherine Tanna
Catherine Tanna
Pros
Cons
  • "Senior Management Group is not experienced which leads to very poor decision making and unethical(in 7 reviews)

• "unprofessional, lots of favoritism, lazy management, terrible HR, Company politics that only help the old staff(in 3 reviews)

1. "Changed for the Better"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Melbourne

I have been working at EnergyAustralia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Got the whole organisation working from home within 3 weeks which was great, scared training it to work. Flexibility is being redefined and we have an opportunity of working differently to how we have been. We like being asked what we want, so much better working from home. New projects and new technologies being rolled out and a chance to be involved which is interesting and investment in training to these new technologies

Cons

Miss my colleagues but the benefits outweigh the downside

EnergyAustralia2020-05-31

"Little trust in executive team and HR"

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Disclose

I have been working at EnergyAustralia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Mostly good people and interesting work

Cons

Bullying and harassment claims are not taken seriously and victims are often left like they have done wrong by coming forward to HR. Poorly behaved individuals are simply moved to other departments and the executive team do whatever they can to cover up the incident. Very incompetent People time also.

EnergyAustralia2020-05-04
  3. "Not a great place to work"

1.0

I have been working at EnergyAustralia full-time for more than a year

Pros

NONE. But i need 5 words for this.

Cons

Direct employees are not treated with respect and often overlooked in the digital team. There's a weird fake and insincere vibe, but i guess management hires people similar to themselves. No culture, it's a good place if you want to come in, put your head down and clock your 9 to 5 hours.

EnergyAustralia2020-05-15
  4. "No Progression In Sight"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Melbourne

I have been working at EnergyAustralia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relatively flat structure which allows for more direct and productive conversations.

Cons

Growth potential is limited and there is little investment in staff. Remuneration policy is unclear and does not reward loyalty. HR prefer to pay new entrants more, relative to employees who look to progress internally.

EnergyAustralia2020-03-30
  5. "Stay Away unless you can cope with a company that can't get anything done or you can cope with bullying"

Former Employee - HCD Specialist in Melbourne

I worked at EnergyAustralia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Apart from leadership, most of the colleagues are really nice to work with and try to do the right thing

Cons

Poor leadership and endless restructures.

EnergyAustralia2020-03-29

April 9, 2020Head of People Services

Hi there, really concerning to hear your reference to bullying and is something we would never tolerate any any circumstances. Would be great if you could get in touch with our Head of People Services to discuss?

6. "No Strategy, No Execution"

Former Employee - Commercial Analyst

I worked at EnergyAustralia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generous salary Friendly culture Office location Work life balance

Cons

Poor technology and systems Staff do not have a company first culture No vision for the long term Constantly restructuring which is terrible for morale

EnergyAustralia2020-02-25

March 3, 2020Head of People Services

Thanks for your response, all feedback helps!

"A boulevard of broken dreams"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I have been working at EnergyAustralia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, and the AIP bonus each year is pretty good.

Cons

Wow, where to begin? EnergyAustralia promotes a false pretence when it comes to flexible working. Everything has excessive terms and conditions attached that takes the actual “flexibility” out. Just call it “working with different terms and conditions and a lack of perceived trust” and it would be more accurate. The technology provided as an employee results in more head banging than a heavy metal concert, and is inefficient to use. The infrastructure in the offices are painful too - how hard is it to provide proper WiFi and meeting room AV equipment that actually works? There’s a real dry, quiet feel in most floors of each building. It’s like a library in some places and people for the most part just seem to despise each other so just avoid talking in general.

EnergyAustralia2020-02-13

February 16, 2020Head of People Services

We're actually very proud of our flexibility which is one of our key Diversity Pillars. As I'm sure you're aware we recently launched a pretty innovative approach to Public Holidays with our 'Energise' program which sees staff able to choose their own public holidays, two extra 'recharge' days off and no more mandatory leave. All of which with virtually no T's & C's. We'll continue to review our flexibility guidelines in an effort to make things more simple and straight forward but please reach out to our Head of People Services if you feel your personal circumstances aren't being fairly considered. And as for listening to staff again I'm sure you're aware we just finished our 'Your Voice' engagement survey where we have moved to a new platform that gives us real time results with no waiting on data so you can expect some feedback and more importantly action on that imminently.

8. "Incompetent Senior Leadership, Reactive, Sinking Ship - Avoid!"

Current Employee - Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at EnergyAustralia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None. There are still a few good people sprinkled here and there but they’re few and far between and all looking for new jobs.

Cons

Incompetent senior leadership. Easy to investigate why if you do a quick LinkedIn search. Yes men rewarded. Extremely toxic culture and high turnover in IT. Only reason to stay is decent pay package but if people, culture, career opportunities, working on progressive tech and competent leadership are important to you then avoid.

EnergyAustralia2020-02-07

February 16, 2020Head of People Services

We're really disturbed to hear this and would appreciate the opportunity to understand your post further. Please contact our Head of People Services in the People and Culture team to talk through your concerns.

9. "Decent but not fantastic"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at EnergyAustralia full-time for less than a year

Pros

Generous staff discounts, good central location

Cons

Poor sales KPI incentives, below average management

EnergyAustralia2020-01-06

January 9, 2020Head of People Services

Sorry to hear about your experience. Leadership and Management is something we will be focussing on moving forward so appreciate yor thoughts. All the best. The People Team.

"Good company to work and make nice future"

4.0
    Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Melbourne

I have been working at EnergyAustralia full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people and Excellent company to work . It look after the employee and assist in their development

Cons

some of the policies and decision made by the business are confusing. I am sure that change with growing time

EnergyAustralia2019-12-06

January 9, 2020Head of People Services

Thanks for the feedback, we're constantly trying to make improvements to how we operate so will take on board!

Found 84 reviews