Farmers Insurance Group Reviews

3.7
Farmers Insurance Group CEO Jeff Dailey
Jeff Dailey
1,565 Ratings
Pros
  • "Mentoring Training Benefits Work-Life Balance(in 151 reviews)

• "Good benefits, great company overall(in 137 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be an issue if I allow it(in 93 reviews)

• "no diversity with upper management(in 74 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee

chaser

Jun 15, 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

good helpful excellent trustworthy enjoyable

Cons

more time off, not enough pay

Continue reading
    2. 3.0

Not bad

Mar 29, 2021 - Business Analyst in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

culture is good. supportive environment

Cons

pay needs looking at more

3. 5.0

Unbiased Perspective

Sep 22, 2021 - Claims Adjuster
      Business Outlook

Pros

For someone like myself who has confidence in their ability and has a tendency to do well in pretty much any environment, I would like to have a review like the one I am about to provide. To be honest, all the reviews saying the job is stressful can be ignored. The reality is, any job is stressful. A job's stress level is relative to an individual ability to handle stress. In Farmer's case, the stress comes from sudden spikes in workload due to catastrophes (i.e hurricanes, tornadoes, hail, etc) as well as angry customers. There are going to be angry customers in ANY environment you work. It's your ability on how to handle the stress that determines whether or not you view the job as "low pay for the amount of stress and workload." Fact is, you would not still be at this company if you truly believed it was low pay in comparison to the work (unless you are the type to never make a positive change in your life). The job is a lot to learn at the start (much like any "big boy" job). Any person who is comfortable working without needing a "yes" from a person looking over their should 24/7 will do great. I would say the amount of time they spend training you is extraordinary (given there will always be those who disagree and no amount of time in the world is enough). In my case, we had roughly 3 weeks of general training and learning the job and then another 2 weeks being slowly introduced to the real setting. There was even about another month of training wheels despite all of that already! They do a great job of making sure you learn to swim on your own, but they also don't drop you. YES, there will obviously be some teams out there with poor management (they're in every company), and YES you are going to have a totally different experience than me. Regardless, if you are actually competent enough to perform the job properly, you would have little to complain about (unless you ended up in one of those unfortunate teams managed by an unfortunate individual that EVERY company has). Training is great, as a first "big boy" job... it's great, (MY) management is great, the company's intended (I say intended because intentions don't always align with actual practice) environment is great, benefits are great (people need to learn how to value the price of the package towards the quality since all the average person cares about is cost) and compensation is great (basing this off opportunity to grow yourself in the company [i.e. how likely it is for a talented individual to grow their salary lets say 20k in 4-5 years]). Any one who disagrees and insists the job is too much for the paycheck and/or management either: 1) Has an unfortunate team/manager/supervisor 2) Never really had the proper skills/abilities for the job Any of the people who want to disagree with me, just look at the way I write and offer both sides to the argument, and tell me you are capable enough to see outside any animosity you have towards the company. My writing speaks for itself.

Cons

I believe there are no out-of-the-ordinary cons (i.e. nothing unusual that is unable to be found at the average company).

4. 5.0

Great Place To Work

Sep 21, 2021 - Agency Business Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Phenomenal growth opportunities, great products, flexible work/life balance.

Cons

. . . . .

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great

Sep 22, 2021 - Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good money, good company, opportunity for growth

Cons

Management, na, na, na, na

6. 5.0

Great company

Sep 18, 2021 - Marketing Specialist in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment, kind people, good results, learning experiences

Cons

Nothing, the company is really good!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great employer

Sep 17, 2021 - Senior Data Analyst in Cleveland, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very employee centric, decent compensation, very good benefits

Cons

Not easy to get promoted

Continue reading
    8. 5.0

Great place to work

Sep 18, 2021 - Learning Delivery Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive compensation and benefits Strong diversity and inclusion culture

Cons

Extremely fast paced Technology has taken a lot of work

9. 5.0

Great place to work

Sep 16, 2021 - Senior Communications Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Farmers has a great corporate culture!

Cons

Long hours, often short turnaround on projects.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Greatfull Place to Work

Sep 15, 2021 - Student Support Services III in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Farmers Insurance thinks of their employees well-being, great incentives & benefits, diverse & inclusive workplace. They encourage you to learn and progress within the company.

Cons

I feel fortunate to work for this company. No cons come to mind.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 4,003 Reviews