Frontier Software Reviews

Updated 20 Feb 2020

3.2
Frontier Software Founder and Managing Director Michael Howard (no image)
Michael Howard
  1. "A great organisation backed up with solid business ethics"

5.0
    Former Employee - Head of Global Human Resources Systems & Solutions in Melbourne

I worked at Frontier Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Organisation with plenty of career opportunities for growth and development if you are willing to commit and work hard. Abundance of resources to expand your knowledge on software development and other business skills. Leading edge of HR & Payroll Systems and Solutions Top client base of over hundreds of blue chip companies, public services, Health, Universities spread all over the globe and head-quartered in Melbourne, Australia. Flexibility of starting early or a little later. Good in-house and external training programmes to develop staff skills set, Friday night drinks, End of Month pizzas and drinks, EOFY party, Christmas party and plenty of individual team/department activities i.e. both professional and social. I joined Frontier Software as a graduate intern on a twelve month programme in year 2008 via a scholarship from Australian Computer Society (ACS) Foundation. Prior to joining Frontier Software, I used to work as check-out cashier for a local grocery store. I am very grateful to Frontier Software for the opportunity they have extended to me. During my just over seven years gig, Frontier Software offered me all the support, and encouragement through their excellent leadership teams and also ensured that they provided me the right training and mentorship. After my scholarship, the management at Frontier Software offered me a full-time role as a programmer/software developer. Later on after gaining over four years of decent expertise in the Frontier Software's products, I worked as a Business Analyst (Project Lead) for about three years and also Quality Assurance Coordinator role (interim). Throughout my career progression, I grew as a professional and learnt plenty of business, technical and people skills. I sincerely thank Frontier Software as an employer and as a mentor!

Cons

I can’t say that this can be classified as a ‘Con’ as maybe there is room for salary reviews.

Frontier Software2018-09-14

July 28, 2019Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thank you for leaving your comments. Your tenure is a little longer than our average of 7 years; we’re glad you enjoyed your time at Frontier Software. We’re equally glad you recognise the opportunities for career and personal development that exist within the organisation.

2. "Review"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Frontier Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people in the Sydney team

Cons

Poor management at state level

Frontier Software2019-10-21

October 27, 2019Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. The NSW office has undergone a couple of management changes in recent times which unfortunately happens in business from time-to time. I’m sorry if that influenced your point of view. We do agree however, the NSW team is terrific.

"Avoid"

I worked at Frontier Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

No pros just bad time for all

Cons

Old & out dated company, management are a joke and the directors are horrible. Pay is JUST the minimum for your job title, offices are old and there is no sense of company engagement to staff

Frontier Software2019-06-03

June 10, 2019Marketing Communications Coordinator

We’re sorry to hear your time at Frontier Software wasn’t to your liking. As you probably know from our regular internal newsletters and roadshows, our employee engagement levels as measured by an external party are above IT industry average, we’re actively working on employee engagement and were finalists in the 2019 Voice Project Change Challenge Awards which recognise employee engagement initiatives. With an average employee tenure of 7 years, there are many employees for whom Frontier Software is a great fit and we’re working hard to maintain and better that figure each year. Best of luck in your next role!

4. "Excellent"

I worked at Frontier Software full-time

Pros

Wonderful to work for. Amazing.

Cons

None really happy there

Frontier Software2019-03-07

July 28, 2019Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thanks for your remarks. It’s great that you enjoyed your time with us. . The management team are working toward improving and enhancing the daily experience of every employee. Frontier Software conducts annual formal staff engagement surveys, the last of which reported Frontier Software with above IT industry average employee engagement. Our average staff tenure is also greater than IT industry average.

"Avoid Working there if you have another option"

1.0
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Sydney

I worked at Frontier Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

good product and low stress environment

Cons

out dated processes and old-school thinking. poor management and weak leadership Out dated technology Old practices and culture Senior management have poor skills

Frontier Software2018-08-18

July 28, 2019Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry you did not enjoy your time at Frontier Software. We agree, the product is fantastic and consistently awarded as the most adopted solution in Australia. To achieve these accolades, we need to apply stringent and time-tested processes, about which we invite feedback from clients in order to help us meet their expectations. Management competency and support are regularly assessed, via employee ‘pulse’ surveys, as part of the annual performance appraisal process and via an annual formal staff engagement survey (the last of which reported Frontier Software with above IT industry average employee engagement) allowing all employees to have their say as to the performance of the leadership team.

6. "Invests in its people"

4.0

I have been working at Frontier Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company is filled with people who are passionate about the company’s success They invest in developing their performers

Cons

Salaries are not the highest in the industry

Frontier Software2018-06-13

July 28, 2019Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We are lucky to have so many colleagues who are invested in making Frontier Software the market leader that it is. Salaries are adjusted in line with performance and market rates. Any employee concerned about their remuneration should discuss any concerns with their line manager.

7. "Employee"

4.0

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Frontier Software

Pros

Great People, Great Culture, Great Company

Cons

Travel for some is hard, but the company does it's best to advise beforehand

Frontier Software2018-05-21

"Good Life/Work Balance"

I have been working at Frontier Software full-time

Pros

Great Job security. Relatively flexible hours.

Cons

Takes too long for changes to be implemented for a new or a change in role as top management drag these issues out for months/years. Very limited opportunities to move up the ladder. Most management have been with the company 20 years or more. People are often given opportunities to move to other areas based on management letting the weaker links go so not to upset the team structure..... Team assets get less opportunities as management don't want to let them go. Salary increases are minimal. Don't reward over achievers or people who exceed expectations the way they should. Everyone gets the same % salary increase. If you're on significantly less than someone who performs worse than you there is no way to catch up to their salary.... People who exceed expectations receive a one off bonus not an overall permanent salary increase which is usually only 1% of your overall salary. Non-performers in areas are not properly dealt with & are often pushed from area to area or promoted to areas away from code etc to do less damage. Work of extremely poor quality isn't highlighted like it should be & action taken to try & fix ongoing mistakes.

Frontier Software2018-04-12

"Should be agood place to work but it isnt"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I worked at Frontier Software full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

good product and loyal clients

Cons

Over bearing senior management and weak leadership

Frontier Software2018-04-12

"Nice Place"

I worked at Frontier Software

Pros

Good work life balance and location.

Cons

Some dated processes and old-school thinking.

Frontier Software2017-11-07