Greenway Health Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Greenway Health Reviews

Updated 16 Oct 2019

Greenway Health CEO Richard Atkin
Richard Atkin
Pros
  • "Like most companies, there are a lot of great people who work at this organization(in 35 reviews)

• "Best work environment I have ever had(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • "I am covered because it is the law but I cannot afford medical care due to the high deductible(in 30 reviews)

• "Upper management is distant and has no idea of the day to day needs of the person in the cubicle(in 22 reviews)

"Special place for emerging leaders"

Former Employee - Finance in Tampa, FL

I worked at Greenway Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Greenway is certainly full of constant change and moves at a brisk pace. They take the approach of bringing in folks that are a bit less experienced and give them a wonderful opportunity to "prove" themselves. I left voluntarily as I outgrew my previous position, but my love for Greenway definitely remains. I learned more and developed stronger relationships than anywhere else in my professional career. I think some... of the unique diamonds are in the Marketing, Product Management and Inside Sales spaces. These are teams chock full of folks who love what they do and are willing to run through walls to make Greenway the best organization it can be. I went to a number of marketing events that were world class and frankly better than I would have expected. I came from the finance organization and in the time I was there I can honestly say it was the best finance team I have ever been a part of and in my previous job in consulting, I had been exposed to several finance groups. Unfortunately, the CFO (she was one of the most impactful leaders and, something that is special to me, best female role models I have ever experienced) moved on as well as some critical VPs. While many of my peers left around the time I did, I can honestly say it was a well oiled machine and a great overall experience. Lastly, I believe the future of the product is a bright one. Over the years, there was a lot of activity and acquisitions that disrupted the business. The new products under development are going to be very special and will absolutely improve healthcare!

Cons

While my experience at Greenway was overall very positive, I think the lack of continuity in leadership is something that could be addressed. We went through several CFOs but the management level in finance was absolutely incredible and persevered through some unfortunate leadership decisions. I think my advice to HR would be to consider the importance of maintaining confidentiality when employees come to you and... try to rise above the artificial and irrational leadership in your group. The potential is so great and employees at Greenway really are special, they need true support and should feel comfortable and safe. In any organization, the tone at the top tends to permeate throughout but it doesn't have to!

Advice to Management

Lately, much more experienced leaders have come in that have eroded the 'young and hungry' culture that was actually really strong. It would be great to get some of the people from a much stronger past back!

Greenway Health2019-10-09

"Okay place to work"

Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A great place to work. Great work balance culture

Cons

It was a great place to work until they merged with another company in 2015.

Greenway Health2019-10-10
  3. "Great place to work, fun culture and growth opportunities!"

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Greenway has given me the opportunity to grow in my career and quickly advance. They have also invested in my professional growth adding skills to my resume! I have had the privilege to be creative in my role and see great programs from inception to success. Leadership has always been excellent to work with and I have lifelong friendships from my time with this company. No plans to go anywhere else, but if I ever... needed to, they have helped set me up for success!

Cons

We have had quite a bit of change over the 7 years I have worked here. However each time I have learned from new leaders and grown from new opportunities. I wouldn’t change anything!

Greenway Health2019-10-10
  4. "Great team and great for career growth!"

Current Employee - Director in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best part of Greenway is the people. From the top down, there is a common thread in that people are hard working, intelligent and career driven individuals. What makes Greenway stand apart from other organizations is it's potential and encouragement of upward and lateral mobility. Most of sales and marketing people managers are actually internal promotions and have worked for Greenway 5+ years. Greenway has one... of the most aligned sales and marketing organizations I've seen and after speaking with my peers at other companies, it seems that it is a more aligned group than at most organizations. Another perk is that Greenway is owned by Vista Portfolio Group and provides a great network of other like minded contacts at their portfolio groups for best practice exchange. They actually facilitate multiple in person and virtual events, meetings, calls, etc. throughout the year for us to connect with one another. There's a major focus at Greenway on best practices implementation and execution, hiring people into stretch roles and giving them the right tools to succeed.

Cons

The past year was particularly challenging as we navigated major organizational changes, but you can very tangibly feel things improving over the past few months and it really feels like we're moving forward very positively. Most departments have a good work life balance, but there are a few departments that struggle with this.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the people and continue to provide opportunities for them to exchange best practices, develop and build their tool-kits.

Greenway Health2019-10-09

"Good company"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Teams are always working with each other. Helping each other for new things.

Cons

Objectives are constantly changing which makes it hard to focus on current improvements.

Advice to Management

Management cares for their employees. Sometimes there isn't a clear direction though.

Greenway Health2019-10-07

"Do. not. Work. Here"

Former Employee - Analyst in Tampa, FL

I worked at Greenway Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice people, unlimited PTO, nice facility

Cons

-poor leadership -legal problems -not a good product -poor behavior is accepted as a response to mass changes -the writing is on every wall that this company’s future is unstable and it’s mass chaos everywhere with people trying to figure out if they should be looking for another job

Advice to Management

Stop communicating bad changes to your employees and assuming they’re not smart enough to wonder how if affects their job and future. Stop sending your sales department to luxury resorts for conferences and laying people off....

Greenway Health2019-10-16
  7. "Almost 5 years here, and I've grown from intern to Senior Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior FP&A in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I started at Greenway as an intern when I was still in college about 5 years ago. I've been promoted 4 times since then (1 lateral move). I've read a handful of reviews saying that there is not room for growth, or that it's hard to move up. It is hard to move up, but you have to work hard for it. As cliche as it is, if you don't see a door, build one! Prove your worth, and you will be rewarded. If you are working... towards a promotion, ask specific questions on how you can grow and get specific things you can work to improve. Nothing in life is free. There are plenty of opportunities for improvement in any department/role in the company - If you see something, say something. Now, I'd be lying if I said it was always 100% rainbows and sunshine. There have been tough times, but I've persevered and it's paid off. I have seen whole teams around me leave when the times are tough, but the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I have also seen a decent number of re-hires, meaning the person left on their own accord and is now coming back to work here. The company overall has done a lot of re-organizing and I think it's for the best. Unlimited PTO is also a huge plus! I enjoy the HSA and 401k match as well. I also feel safe to speak with any of the people leaders if I was having an issue too.

Cons

There will be times when it seems like everything is going wrong or a mess, but that is with any company. You must be adaptable and agile to find success here. If you want a mind-numbing job, this probably isn't the place for you. The industry changes, technology changes, everything changes, but that's inevitable, and it keeps things interesting. Just got to keep in mind that "this too shall pass". Sometimes there... are long hours and lots of work to be done, but of course, it's not always like that. I think it's balanced though.

Advice to Management

I have seen a variety of leadership in my 5 years, but I am confident about who we have now. Keep it up! Continue to focus on internal employee development too so we can create more opportunities to promote within :)

Greenway Health2019-09-11

September 23, 2019Sr. Director, Talent

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Greenway Health. We encourage associates to ask questions, seek opportunities, and take steps to improve. Your story speaks to the rewards of hard work, dedication, and drive. These traits are essential to our mission to fuel customers’ success. We appreciate your willingness to take on challenges amid change — in the company, and in the industry. We’re committed to delivering innovative solutions and services that will change the future of ambulatory care. Thank you also for recognizing the benefits we offer, such as open PTO, HSA, and 401(k) matching. We’re delighted to hear about your experience and to have you on board!

"Profits over people, cheap contract work over quality, no commitment to innnovation."

Current Employee - Visual Designer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent entry level salaries for new job seekers out of college. Experience working on multiple tech stacks and technologies. Decent PTO policy. Good size teams.

Cons

No commitment to long term quality, just short term functionality. Awful career development when it comes to compensation, after a few years experience you can leave and big pay increases at other companies. Bad senior management, I've seen executives and other higher ups come and go at an astonishing speed. Siloed teams and too much focus on one thing instead of creating a usable cohesive application. Lack of long... term vision, there have been 3 "next generation" projects over the years that pop up, build excitement, and then get axed. Never fully commit to the future, only like to talk about innovation.

Advice to Management

Stop preaching innovation when every new project is cancelled or put on pause. Stop investing money in cheap offshore workers and focus on quality. Start paying people their worth and people wouldn't move to other companies by the hundreds.

Greenway Health2019-09-06

September 23, 2019Sr. Director, Talent

Thank you for sharing your experience with Greenway Health. We encourage continuous dialogue between team members and managers to drive personal and professional development. As an organization, we’re always thinking about ways we can improve. Our goal is to ensure the success of our customers, and this requires agility in an industry that’s constantly changing and evolving. We value the contributions of our talented team members, and we encourage you to reach out to your direct leader, or a member of the talent management team, about any concerns.

"High turnover"

Former Employee - Communications Team
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Greenway Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice facilities. Good coworkers. Good work-life balance.

Cons

Half the people on this “why work at greenway” video either left or got fired. The turnover and legal troubles are astounding. Shut down multiple office branches and then fired leaders in sales, marketing, HR, product and then fired the CEO. Directors left like crazy.

Greenway Health2019-09-12

September 23, 2019Sr. Director, Talent

We appreciate your feedback on Greenway Health. We intend to provide a sense of the experience of working for Greenway through our videos. As time passes, there will be turnover Greenway, as with most companies. We did consolidate operations to our Tampa headquarters roughly two years ago, as you mentioned, and in February of this year, we reached a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice. It continues to be our priority to build a culture of quality, compliance, and transparency. We also strive to maintain the facilities, culture, and work-life balance that attract talented people to our team.

"Low Pay, High Stress"

Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

"Unlimited" PTO and chairs are comfortable

Cons

Low pay No accountability. Bad workers will get less work to do for the same pay. High turnover and no replacements burdens the whole team as more clients come in No leadership in office New director is cutting costs in ways that look dangerous for jobs in this department Reporting on top of reporting and meetings about reporting No overtime opportunities Very low morale High turnover - over 15 analysts gone... in a little over a month.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees fairly. Hire more analysts. Bring in leadership or promote experienced people in to those roles. Enough with the needless reporting. Hold your bad employees accountable, when someone gets demoted and gets to do less work for the same pay, it makes the mood of the department "why bother". Get more training from the talent department for analysts that are struggling right now with learning new... softwares, don't expect the employees to find time in their busy schedules to do it for you with out incentive.

Greenway Health2019-10-07