Hope Global Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.2
Cheryl Merchant

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Quality Logistics"

Former Employee - Logistics Quality in Cumberland, RI (US)
    Former Employee - Logistics Quality in Cumberland, RI (US)

I worked at Hope Global full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Employees remain hopeful that through the new CFO ,a Reorganization is underway. Hopefully employees remain encouraged that the operation will be streamlined restoring our profitability. Employees remain hopeful excess overhead supporting the CEO's personal agenda with her staffing, personal perks, etc will bring this 130 year old company back. An independent evaluation on Mexico will enlightened our management team and owners. Exited about this endeavor. The Company may regain its profitability. There is known waste in the organization due to staffing, duplicate roles, intra-divisional redundancy in assignments, and protection of unqualified staff hired by the President. Employees are looking forward to this reorganization. There is strong loyalty among factory workers. At times throughout the year good solid training takes place.

Cons

The CEIO has a strong ego that drives and divides the Company. Employees question integrity becomes of the pursuit of negative, unfair agendas. She renders independent decisions against the advice of her direct reports causing disjointed goals, directives, etc. . Decisions that have caused loss of Sales and profit. Bad decisions include loosing millions to Mexico because of their high overhead, the unprofitable China operation , staffing for product lines that never surfaced into existence, loosing millions to poor hiring of friends and the harsh judgements extended to staff if they disagree with her or a personal mission which is fueled by revenge if based upon her likes and dislikes-100 percent subjective.

Advice to Management

Stop favoritism, develop s sense of integrity , and stop
    making awards your priority. Stop asking staff to do personal things on business time. Instead of self-promotion, elevate your staff and the company to its mission. CEO needs to examine her career. At Hope. CEO should stop evaluating people using sarcasm and a hired agenda. Return the Company to a family atmosphere, objectivity, integrity and profitability

"Production worker"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, RI (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, RI (US)

I worked at Hope Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers, every holiday off, good health benefits

Cons

Very low pay, no sick time for production works. Production workers receive vacation after working 7 months. Never see leadership on production floor. Always laying employes off.

Advice to Management

Train leadership. CEO/Leadership Team needs to be more visible on the production floor. HR needs to be more visible on production floor.

"Purchasing Specialist"

Former Employee - Purchasing Specialist in Cumberland, RI (US)
    Former Employee - Purchasing Specialist in Cumberland, RI (US)

I worked at Hope Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Long Time Employees that are Mostly Friendly and Work as a Team.

Cons

Management takes no appreciation or acknowledgement of hard work and dedication. The current CEO is attempting to create a primarily Female Run organization and had a massive layoff of 95% Males to achieve this task. Which would appear to be Sexist and Discriminatory to say the very least.

Advice to Management

Rethink having Sexual Preference and Gender be an Employment Factor.

4. "Hope"

Pros

- Very good working environment.
    - Employees are easy to work with.

Cons

Nothing to bad to be said.

"Great Company with Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, RI (US)

I have been working at Hope Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Medical Benefits are top notch! Full tuition reimbursement and encouraged to take advantage.

My boss is everything I could have asked for and so much more, she is encouraging, motivating, and a great mentor. She has made my experience here at Hope a memorable one.

Great potential growth opportunities.

Very friendly work environment

Cons

Company culture is slowly but surely getting better, I have high expectations for the future.

Would like to see a more competitive pay

Semi stuck in old ways, I would like to see team members embrace change more.

Need to have more clarity in the on boarding process

6. "GREAT PLACE BETTER BENEFITS"

Current Employee - Planner in Cumberland, RI (US)
    Current Employee - Planner in Cumberland, RI (US)

Pros

Benefits excellent for a family
    time off there is every holiday under the sun
    people
    Work environment
    location

Cons

salary is a little under the market

Advice to Management

bring salaries up to market

7. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Hope Global full-time

Pros

Small and agile, with minimal layers of management. Hope offers great benefits including health care and other perks. Quality is good, products are high quality and the atmosphere is very friendly.

Cons

Need more quoting, prototype and engineering personnel. Really need a tech center in Detroit to service the Detroit auto industry.

8. "Great Experince"

Pros

Interning at Hope Global has been a great experience. From the very first day I was welcomed into the workplace and loved the friendly innovative environment. My supervisors care about the knowledge I am gaining from this experience and provide ample opportunities to learn about every aspect of the company. I love the “lunch and learns” where I get to sit down and talk with different department heads and managers each week. I have learned to navigate the database management system, how to create a purchase order and efficiently contact suppliers. This company cares about providing a great learning experience for developing young professionals.

Cons

I don't have many cons.

"Accounting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, RI (US)

I have been working at Hope Global (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Company is flexible with its employees and has a relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

The open door policy does not respect the chain of command. And although the Company prides itself on being fair, senior management is very subjective and decisions are made on who an executive likes. Too much favortism.

Advice to Management

Leave employee relations to managers.

"Great people. Very poor management"

I worked at Hope Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You work with some wonderful people. The culture is more positive than the average.

Cons

Very poorly managed. Pay is low, hours are long, and the workload is unrealistic.

Advice to Management

Your employees are not comfortable speaking frankly about how to improve things. You should do your best to change that.