InVision Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 170 reviews

3.9
InVision CEO Clark Valberg
Clark Valberg
Pros
  • "Remote work allows for more time - both professional and personal time(in 38 reviews)

• "The benefits and perks are fantastic, you cant beat work from home(in 27 reviews)

Cons

"Remote is the future - but it is not for everyone"

Current Employee - Enterprise Customer Success Manager in Amsterdam

I have been working at InVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remote-fully. This creates a great culture of trust, freedom and accountability. We value human connexions much more and whenever we have a chance to meet our colleagues and clients, we make the most out of it. It requires for the company to be a lot more efficient and communication to be a key part of everyday - you can't see what is happening, so you have to ask and respond. Really enjoy this condition and probably wouldn't be able to go back to an office job.

Cons

It requires a lot more from you - the day doesn't end when you leave the office, the office is your house. So often times you'll work long hours and the work/life balance can be a bit blurred. Also with the company being primarily based in the US, us in EMEA sometimes have to adapt to plans and processes that were not entirely designed to fit our market and needs.

InVision2019-09-11

"Great Company to Unleash Your Creativity"

Current Employee - Program Specialist

I have been working at InVision full-time for less than a year

Pros

Extremely collaborative and team-focused environment. Positive culture, that nurtures creativity and self improvement throughout all departments. Flexible work schedule and unlimited PTO provide great life/work balance. Management (even at the highest levels) ensures your voice is heard and provide plenty of opportunity to contribute to the overall success of the company.

Cons

None so far. I had anticipated that working remotely may be a challenge but the infrastructure of the company is set up in such a way where it was a very easy transition from a traditional office culture.

InVision2019-09-04

"From Hero to Zero"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at InVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

InVision has amazing employees who are individual contributors and front line managers. People are kind, willing to help, and worth investing in. I've met some incredible friends here and will take these relationships with me as I move forward. Remote life can be amazing if you take advantage of it. Decent benefits.

Cons

Leadership. The leadership is scattered with little to no direction. There is also zero diversity in Sr. Leadership and no women at the C level. The marketing team lacks direction, there are no KPIs or attainable goals, and the path to success is unclear for all teams.

InVision2019-09-13

"Don't fall for the hype"

Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at InVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

Typical remote tech pluses: Flexible schedule, work from anywhere with WiFi, unlimited vacation, etc. Plus a well-known name that looks great (for now) on a resume. If you can put aside the stress and chaos, there's a good amount of work-life balance.

Cons

Leadership is just unbelievably bad. There is no strategy coming down from the top. The marketing department has so many different activities going at any given time that all of it comes out a little half baked. From a work standpoint, goals aren't clear, campaign performance isn't clear, what success looks like isn't clear. From a career standpoint, there is no career path, no clear idea of how to get promoted (or sometimes even noticed by upper management). Middle managers aren't given the training they need to actually be managers and support teams, which results in turnover and demoralized employees.

InVision2019-08-12

"Sad to read these recent reviews"

Former Employee - Business Operations

I worked at InVision full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People love our blog posts and events with free drinks and apps. There's a free coffee credit card. Some dude in a company in Idaho told me he uses our product still

Cons

Well pretty much all of the negative reviews on Glassdoor are accurate. There's nothing I can say that will top those. Really it all makes me sad. What an example of hubris that will be studied for ages You know those movies and TV series about quintessential screwed up startups? I feel like they'll make one about a company similar to InVision. Took way too much investment, made engineers (the people who actually make the thing you want to buy) third caste, hired based on background (university and former company) that even the CEO can't live up to personally, slighted the original employees, threw money at marketing as if that will make up for the problems, and talked about snacks - snacks! - for 20 minutes of every company meeting

InVision2019-08-23

"Not for everyone"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fully remote, easy to interview for next job, people are generally nice

Cons

Awkward "pledge of allegiance" at IRL, compensation is low, remote work requires heavy documentation, might be too large of a company for fully remote, animosity between sales and product because of under-delivering, required to create too many videos (waste of time) rather than effective real time communications

InVision2019-07-19

"Run from the people and talent acquisition team"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition

I worked at InVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

InVision is a great product, the sales and marketing people are talented and easy to work with, you can see they are passionate about what they do. Remote working is a great perk. Nice perks like Bonus.ly (giving bonuses to colleagues) and really great SWAG and good brand name in the Design space.

Cons

When I joined the talent team it was really great- collaborative, with a good goal and strong team working and good managers in place. However, once we had new leaders join the team everything went downhill and it became a highly toxic environment. Imagine how bad it was that you could even feel this toxicity in an ENTIRELY remote company... Collaboration was not encouraged, certain members of the team were not given opportunity to progress or expand their roles - instead being asked to work like robots and constantly micromanaged. It became an environment of distrust, and of backstabbing and two-faced answers from leadership. A 'new leader integration' workshop had been organised and clearly this individual did not want to hear any constructive feedback. Ultimately, in this team it became that you could only have your job if you said " Yes Sir" to everything regardless of boundaries or if you disagreed. Lots of overworked colleagues (expected to work weekends) who were punished for even taking a week off to recharge. Terrible management and very sad to see an HR and Talent team be so terrible. Complete lack of transparency and lack of accountability & respect of people on the team. Right before Christmas a bunch of people were let go and the excuse was that it would "give them more time to find new jobs' but it was probably so that their shares would not vest and also due to lack of respect for employees. I feel sorry for those who are still stuck in the team due to financial obligations.

InVision2019-08-16

"Career-launching company, talented people, growth opportunities, autonomy, exciting industry, etc"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative

I have been working at InVision full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots talented, quality people here. High bar as InVision attracts top talent all over the world, so the co is full of self-motivated, high caliber folks. Autonomy to be creative/entrepreneurial. Exciting growth stage (see career-launching list by Wealthfront if relevant to your interests)

Cons

Remote is certainly for me, but it's not for everybody..self-awareness and proactivity is key to making this a successful setup. Definitely mid-stage growth co and not all processes are dialed in - pros and cons to this - def pro to me to be able to add value in material way, but not for everybody.

InVision2019-06-23

"Amazing culture, great opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales Operations

I have been working at InVision full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love working here. Lots to learn. Great impactful opportunities. Leaders are attentive and care

Cons

You need to be comfortable working remotely (home/coffee shop/wework) as we don't have office space

InVision2019-07-01

"Cultural/Growth Issues + Increasing Attrition"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at InVision full-time for less than a year

Pros

- half day fridays - tech stack is modern - decent benefits except 401k match

Cons

signs of toxic management: - entire teams have been let go with zero communication from any level of management - some engineering managers are overly aggressive/abrasive and contribute heavily to task churn - constant talk of high attrition amongst rank and file engineers also present: - high amount of tech debt - design/architectural issues present in many teams contributing to brittle services - negative inter-team judgements of others contributes to toxic environment

InVision2019-06-10