Insight Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 926 reviews

3.8
Insight CEO Kenneth T. Lamneck
Kenneth T. Lamneck
Pros
  • "In all of my career I have never felt more supported to do the right thing for our teammates(in 49 reviews)

• "Excellent work life balance available for teammates(in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management frequently lacks understanding of the roles of individual contributors(in 27 reviews)

• "Objectively low pay for the amount of work that you do(in 19 reviews)

1. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Insight full-time

Pros

Ample of opportunities and recognition, fun place to work.

Cons

Cannot think of any at this stage

Insight2019-03-26

April 8, 2019Recruiting Manager

We appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear that there are many job opportunities for you to pursue and that you enjoy working with such a supportive team.

"Only given 2 days on phones and let go after only making $220 in sales and didn’t finish training avoid the company I"

Former Employee - Reservations Sales Agent in Surry Hills

I worked at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training ok but not given a chance to re fresh

Cons

Let go if sales not made Training very brief and unnecessary information Spoken to once about how to improve only give 30 mins to show

Advice to Management

Maybe give the staff about understanding if they don’t make sales u will get rid of them especially if it’s only week one .. maybe explain process better

Insight2018-08-03

August 6, 2018Recruiting Manager

We appreciate your feedback. If you would like to have further conversations regarding the training you received, we recommend you send your feedback to glassdoorfeedback@insight.com

"Awful Company"

Former Employee - Telesales in Surry Hills

I worked at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and I now feel that I can do any job as it can't be as bad as working here.

Cons

The management is terrible! Certain managers present bullying behaviour and I was left in tear on multiple occasions. It is a job in which you are constantly worried that you will be fired, not a healthy working environment.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff better, do not present or accept bullying behaviour.

Insight2018-03-02

March 23, 2018Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We value our great culture here at Insight, and would like to discuss this with you further so we can address it. Please email glassdoorfeedback@insight.com.

"Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne

I worked at Insight full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Work culture, Competitive remuneration, Established customer base, Friendly Teammates.

Cons

They can Hire and Fire anytime. Annual reviews are not transparent. Parking facility is available only for managers and rest are on their own.

Advice to Management

Please have a formal process of completing the Employee's Confirmation after Probation is over. Never change the title of your Employee without even informing them. Being a global company, make it a practice to have a inclusive communication. Higher management must have Company wide meetings to let their employees know what is happening across different regions and provide a direction for each region and what is the vision...

Insight2017-09-01

"Made redundant within a month of joining !!"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brand name is all I can think.

Cons

Lack of projects in Sydney. They made me redundant within a month of joining,since there was no projects in the pipeline. Lack of communication within practices

Advice to Management

Treasure your hard working consultants. Value your employees more than the business and don't let them go. Please understand and commit to your memories that they join companies with their own dreams and visions as well. Having someone made redundant within a month of joining doesn't reflect good on the company. You may be hungry for business , but where is the heart and harmony?

Insight2017-08-10

"Weird environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at Insight full-time for more than a year

Pros

Large brand so good benefits for employees

Cons

Lack of leadership No clear vision nor communication and action from top down No training and career progression Very traditional company...

Advice to Management

Work as a team... you are not an unified leadership team so very difficult for you to go anywhere... Listen to your teammates and collabore...

Insight2017-04-07

"Great Balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fantastic work/life balance. Gender equality. Sales pressure not as intense as most of rest of industry which means people stay longer

Cons

Commissions probably not on par with other LSPs Unless you're in a large office, there are few career opportunities

Insight2016-10-11

October 18, 2016Talent Acquisition Leader

Very happy to hear you are enjoying Insight. Work/life balance is very important and glad you are finding it here. Regarding commissions, we do review and adjust our compensation levels across positions and regions to ensure they are competitive. We strive to ensure we’re positioned ...

• "Sales focused company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookvale

I worked at Insight for more than 3 years

Pros

Good camaraderie within teams, positive outlook, generally supportive management.

Cons

Extremely sales focused, if you are not in the sales team it generally means you are not progressing. A general chasm exists between Sales and the "others", at least it did until 2014. Quite difficult to get promotions and bonus even if you are a high achiever.

Advice to Management

Open up to ideas and possibilities and not just follow the norm. Foster a sense of belonging among staff and put a realistic incentive program in place that provides tangible benefits to employees.

Insight2016-09-02

"Mixed bag"

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunities for training and career development - as long as it matches exactly with what the company is looking for. Reasonable autonomy as long as you're not located at head office.

Cons

Micromanagement from the middle managers, ridiculous HR policies, and a lack of systems leading to high turnover.

Advice to Management

Less talk and more action. It's all well and good to tell everyone how committed you are to the latest fad, but actually making changes to encourage action would help.

Insight2015-07-19
    • "BDM"

Former Employee - BDM

I worked at Insight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company has undergone an transformation as the IT Channel evolves and so far has managed to stay on the wave and not sunk. The geographical spread offers a lot of prospects to relocate and they also like to promote from within which is good for careers prospects.

Cons

Some middle managers can make the work life very difficult. The company is trying to become a solutions provider but is stuck in the box shifter mentality and this leads to internal conflict between hitting targets by just smashing out KPI's and actually doing what clients value/need/want and what actually makes profit and long term returns. Also, very process based methods for internal communications and work and can...

Advice to Management

Reduce red tape, create smaller more dynamic 'sales' teams to be more agile and customer focused.

Insight2014-08-25