Invoice2go Reviews

Greg Waldorf
  1. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Invoice2go full-time

Pros

I have been working for Invoice2go for half a year - The company is very transparent to the employees - Work life balance is very good - Good salary - Good engineering team

Cons

- There is not much interesting product works.

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - People and Culture in Sydney

I have been working at Invoice2go full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some really smart people to work with and a very healthy culture Fun and funky office space in Wework Great employee perks Small team, leaders show they care about their people

Cons

Some growing pains as we continue to expand at speedy pace. Exciting times!

Continue reading
  3. "Great place to work and learn"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Invoice2go full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good company culture - Opportunity to improve & grow - Great team of engineers

Cons

- Collaboration across US and AU timezone

"iOS engineers - Stallions"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sydney

I worked at Invoice2go full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the best iOS team in town / the world. Featured in WWDC for their iOS all. Did a rewrite in a less than a year with : Powerful data sync framework - no more out ot sync docs. Powerful ipad framework - coding ipad and iphone feels like a breeze. Crazy A/B test mobile framework - they can handle anything that pm wants to experiment without accumulating tech debt no more. Very very senior people in the iOS team, great mentorship have a great design taste. Look at the app right now - it’s amazing. The iOS team are Stallions, each one more magnificent than the last.

Cons

Long working hours, it’s rewrite time and no new feature what can we expect. Stressful, after stopping feature dev for almost a year, there’s a big expectation to catchup on the feature.

"Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Invoice2go full-time for more than a year

Pros

The management team strive to provide transparency to every employee, and knowledges are shared across department so you can learn things ranging from customer experience / translation / marketing knowledge other than development. As part of the backend team, all topics related to the backend systems are talked through, so there is strong leadership on keeping systems in sync and standards are well kept. The development team goes through a process called solution architecture, where every developer can be the owner of the project, and learn to lead with support of other domain experts he invite. This process provide a good learning fundation for developers. The management gives developers lots of responsibility but also lots of trust, and a good feedback loop for issues that we come up with so we can fix and move on.

Cons

The biggest challenge is the two timezone issue. There are team in both US and AU, and due to small overlap of time, it has been harder to co-work together for projects.

6. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sydney

I worked at Invoice2go full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been able to learn heaps of stuff during my time there, the colleagues are very helpful, and there is a regular meeting to give the employees opportunities to share new technology and other stuff. Working time can often be quite relaxed as well with free to use ping pong table and an anytime snack bar. There is also fun team outing scheduled for each quarter. The managers are also very helpful with regular 1:1 sharing session to discuss things that have been happening or are going to happen.

Cons

Sometimes Monday can be very quiet, because the office in California where almost all of the executives and managers are, is still on Sunday, but I guess this can also be part of the pros for some who would like to enjoy quiet Mondays

"Awesome opportunity to work with best in class people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Invoice2go full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The people: I genuinely enjoy every single person I work with. Loads of enthusiasm, passion, and a high calibre of talent that I learn from every day. Leadership is incredibly smart, yet down to earth and approachable. - The opportunity: The business is heading in an exciting direction, and the team has a lot of potential to bring some very cool innovation to our users. Still feels like it's in startup mode, in a sense that there's endless opportunity for career growth for those who want it. - Global company: We have such a wide mix of people from around the world, and we collaborate across our US and Australian offices. Working for a global company has a lot to offer in terms of experience and potential growth. - The workplaces: Both offices are in great locations, close to transport, and nice environments to work in. The tech is top notch, and they both feature some of the hardest working ping pong tables in the world.

Cons

- Prioritizing can sometimes be difficult because there is so much opportunity. - The difference in time zones is a challenge between US and Australian offices, but everyone does their best to work around it.

Continue reading
  8. "A truly amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Invoice2go full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Awesome people: Everyone is friendly, welcoming, skilled and passionate about what they do here - The learning opportunities are endless: The size and nature of the company encourages you to not only highlight, but also pursue areas which you are interested in growing in - Fun environment: It's hard to balance having fun, relaxing and producing high quality work at a fast pace but Invoice2go somehow manages it! - Great facilities: The office is modern and any equipment you'll need to perform your role will be of high quality - Collaboration: Everyone works together and there is a feeling of cohesiveness despite the time difference between our Australian and USA offices

Cons

- Sometimes it's hard to get a meeting room

Invoice2go Response

December 5, 2017CEO

This is great feedback to hear, thank you. I’m really glad you are enjoying your time with Invoice2go. - Greg

"Amazing and inspiring place to work"

Former Employee - Design Researcher in Sydney

I worked at Invoice2go full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's a lot of pros about working here. There's a large amount of opportunity for everyone who works there and there's great guidance on career development from within the business. The environment is very dynamic and engaging because the whole team across the organisation are very talented and passionate about what they do. There is great support to help you be the best you can be (especially from upper management).

Cons

It's not necessarily a con, more that those moving from a more corporate background may find it harder to adapt if they are not used to working in a fast-paced, agile environment that changes in priorities a lot. This is what's exciting about working for Invoice2go most of the time, it's just not always for everyone!

"Going Downhill..."

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Invoice2go full-time for more than a year

Pros

No dress code. Company provides refreshments. IT gear issued was pretty decent.

Cons

Long hours. Workload was quite heavy and you are expected to be available 24/7 or whenever the company requires you to be. They did not respect work life balance whatsoever. Some managers tend to take a heavy hands approach and don't allow staff to work on their own at all. Company is going through a phase where there is not much growth and is slowing down. New version of the app released recently has not done them any favors either reputation wise. There is no work from home policy which in this day and age is very unusual for a company not to offer this, let alone in a tech company. Accommodation options offered when traveling was definitely not very good. The company culture has really gone downhill in recent times.

Invoice2go Response

December 5, 2017CEO

Thanks for your honest feedback, and sorry it’s taken a while to respond. I’m disappointed to read your review, but do understand - we ask for a lot from our teams. I think that’s a natural part of moving fast and working towards some very big goals. Some periods of growth will simply call for a greater commitment from everyone. It’s hard work, but it’s also a chance to learn incredibly fast, and to have a meaningful impact on where we are headed. We know our teams value that. Having said that, we do try to be as flexible as possible so people can achieve their professional objectives, while balancing their other commitments. Thank you again for sharing your perspective, and I encourage all employees - past and present - to have an open dialogue with us so we can always improve. - Greg

Found 53 reviews