Kinetic IT Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Kinetic IT Reviews

Updated 12 Sep 2019

2.5
Kinetic IT CEO Michael North (no image)
Michael North
Pros
Cons
  • "Senior Account Management is an Old Boys Club(in 15 reviews)

• "Low Pay, underappreciated, high-stress environment(in 7 reviews)

"People focused"

Operations Manager in Perth, Western Australia

I have been working at Kinetic IT for more than 5 years

Pros

Kinetic IT always put people first. This is a culture shown from the CEO down to all levels. They regularly comminicate with all staff on contract wins and changes and any other company updates. They are a great company to work for and there are plenty of social functions to enjoy throughout the year. Would highly recommend working for Kinetic IT.

Cons

More social functions? No real cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work.

Kinetic IT2017-01-28

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Process Administrator in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at Kinetic IT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent company culture with great team spirit. Management make a real effort to tell staff what is happening. Communicating both wins and losses. Made lots of good friends and associates here. This company cares about their staff you are not just a number here.

Cons

It can be hard to stand out in the crowd and make good career progression in a timely manner this is all dependent on what contracts are in play at the time of your annual review.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Kinetic IT2019-09-12

"Management needs a cull, they are too detached. Very clique culture pervades."

Current Employee - Wintel Specialist in Perth, Western Australia
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Kinetic IT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of great people still work there. Yet I dont know for how longer. Many jaded old-timers who toxify the wider clique. Great parties.

Cons

They dont really foster the same culture they used to. If you fit in to their very clicky ring of of peers, you will be ok. But they are all old timers, new-comers will find it hard (unless you start on service desk). Not a lot of positivity. They keep winning tenders at rock bottom prices, with ambitious deadlines that are wearing out their peak performers. Nothing exciting is really happening there anymore.... Their chosen technology partners are all mediocre solutions, and frustrating to deal with.

Advice to Management

Management are so detached. They are scared of upsetting the click old-timers so make decisions going agaist positive change, maintain a stale, jaded 'status-quo'.

Kinetic IT2019-08-10
  4. "Extremely unorganised corporation"

Former Employee - IT Service and Project Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Kinetic IT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility within the role and diverse culture which included Large Christmas Parties and Family Gatherings.

Cons

- Employee untouchable Culture or group of long tenure employees who are continually a protected specie. - No reward for over and above efforts - Salaries are 30% if not more below the market IT salary package - High expectation to charge the account Contract every billable hour, even though time is not spent on Those projects . - High accountabilities for little recognition or reward - fraudulently... charging Accounts/Projects ridiculous amounts of billable hours without conscientious from the Account and or actually conducting direct activities on that particular project ! But is a expectation for all Project based employees. - empathise OHS with mental health but not actioned professionally or recognised. - Negligible work life Balance , where the work pressures and commitments out way the Life balances even though it is evidently not occurring! ( smoke and mirrors analogy ) - CEO and particularly CFO have no understanding of how the companies and staff at are operating but only have emphasis on a high level of individual project account billing only.

Advice to Management

- recognise Employees who are passionate - don’t be hypocritical with Encouraging work life balance ! - reward those who genuinely are loyal employees - place less emphasis on Fraudulent billing activities and more emphasis on delivery.

Kinetic IT2019-08-11

"Project based position within the HR Department"

Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Perth, Western Australia

I have been working at Kinetic IT part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility in the role A good project to be working on

Cons

The team doesn't work collaboratively

Kinetic IT2019-07-03
  6. "Nice company good long term engagements"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at Kinetic IT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice supporting environment. Great Xmas parties.

Cons

Salaries are below market and slow to move between positions

Kinetic IT2019-05-28

"Family/Entry friendly"

Current Employee - Senior Service Desk Technician in Melbourne

I have been working at Kinetic IT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture Takes people with no previous/formal training in Information Technology and provides opportunities and training to help start and build careers

Cons

Pays less than average employers who require at least 2 years experience or more Movement can be difficult depending on location or the contract you're assigned to

Kinetic IT2019-04-25
  8. "Good place to start"

I have been working at Kinetic IT full-time

Pros

Friendly staff, Friendly bosses.

Cons

Low pay. Others who have stuck around longer still getting paid low.

Kinetic IT2019-03-18

"Sinking ship"

Former Employee - Engineer in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at Kinetic IT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Used to be good to have on your cv

Cons

Morale is bad. So many people want to get out. and are getting out. The management is stuck in a time warp, they do things very manually and old-fashioned, it will not help anyone start their IT carrer there. The management is a bunch of old mates and cronies who won't accept any feedback that they disagree with. People are afraid to say anything as they fear been punished. This seems to come from the CEO down and... the things the CEO says don't make any sense and are never followed through anyway. The company has gone backwards and is still going backwards and customers are asking when KInetic will begin to do things in a modern way,not the way they've been doing it for 20 years. Most of the customers are government and it feels like working for the government in Kinetic. I am glad I escaped, like many of my colleagues, Kinetic is probably the worst company I ever worked for, in 10 years, and it has nothing exciting to offer. And the pay is below avarage.

Advice to Management

Quit - if you really care about the company's future. Get people in to run the place that actually listen to staff and customers and who know how things work in 2019 - not 1999

Kinetic IT2019-04-08

"Great people on the front line. Strategy and focus at higher levels needs to be less buzz words and more action"

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Perth, Western Australia

I have been working at Kinetic IT full-time for less than a year

Pros

The majority of the people at the front line are not only very dedicated, but highly competent too. The politics aren’t as heavy as they have been at other organisations (if you don’t go looking for it). The support from some mid level management is great, particularly with flexibility and understanding, provided you don’t abuse the system. The social functions are a nice touch give staff things to look forward... to. The technologies we work with are pretty cool and are good for long term career progression.

Cons

The lack of career progression for staff is disheartening. Service Desk staff have been in the same position for far too long, without an avenue for advancement. Even in house mentoring and training isn’t seen as a priority, which leads us to believe that some managers don’t want people to progress, so they stay. It’s a very short sighted and selfish move to be honest. Workloads, timelines and projects impacting on... business as usual operations are causing distress to staff. This isn’t necessarily Kinetic’s fault, as some clients are just so fiscally tight that additional resources can’t be brought on. However, this is causing employee burn out, which is unacceptable. There is a saying about career progression at Kinetic, and that is if you want to progress, leave for something better and then come back. Some things that we are implementing are really not worthy of what people expect of Kinetic We have hundreds of years of combined experience at the tech level, but we are implementing in haste and shooting ourselves in the foot. Every client is run in it’s own bubble/siloed. There is minimal cross skilling between clients. This is a huge loss of potential across the business. We should be standardising where possible, documenting much better than we are, and sharing between us. Every client site seems to have us going on our own journey of discovery when we go to implement things. We rely on word of mouth when we want to know ‘who is the guru on this.’

Advice to Management

We are focussing on the wrong things. Executive and Head Shed decision makers seem to be too focussed on reviewing business plans and values definitions. We almost need to go to a grassroots level, get back to basics and what got Kinetic going. The company needs to stand up to our customers more, with the approach of Rolls Royce. I.e. the quality remains long after the price is forgotten. At present, we are taking... too much of the Datsun Sunny. I really think that if the experts at the front line were listened to, with an actual outcome from the discussions, we could get back on top. Do not lose any more staff! People are not expendable. They are what makes your business. Happy employees, with clear focus and vision, make for happy customers.

Kinetic IT2019-03-01