Labcorp Reviews

Found 2,717 of over 2,848 reviews

3.3
Labcorp President and CEO Adam Schechter
Adam Schechter
Pros
  • "They offer good benefits and treat their employees very well(in 152 reviews)

• "Great environment and great benefits(in 119 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management does not give you enough time to do pending work(in 70 reviews)

• "No room for growth and lack of interaction from supervisors(in 56 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years
      Featured Review

Great management team

Feb 5, 2021 - Key Account Executive in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great management, training and culture for success

Cons

Very busy, high energy business

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company

Jul 7, 2021 - Senior CRA in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

- good Pay - Work Life balance

Cons

- None to report for CRA role

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

okay company

Jul 25, 2021 - Clinical Research Associate II in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

multi cultural team, lots of clients

Cons

need to improve handover process

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The 'work home' and team where I will gladly retire from!

Jul 22, 2021 - Clinical Data Manager I in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

In my team they value their people, they invest in their people, they reward and compensate their people. The upper management, training plans and overall team spirit is amazing, and especially if you consider colleagues who have never received face-to-face training, from all over the world and who have never met each other. Lots of training activities, opportunities to advance in education and career, and on top of everything great, literate, well-trained and bonded teams. This is the place to work for!

Cons

The only drawback I can identify at the very short time of 4 months being a member of the Labcorp team, is the work-life balance, which is very common for the specific sector, though. However, I believe this also comes with experience, which when incorporated into good (time) management, it can only make the balance work in favor of the employee.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Okay place to start, learn and get experience if you want to stay in the laboratory setting.

Aug 2, 2021 - Medical Technologist in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overtime. It's a great place to start and learn from those people that make mistakes. Volume is very high but I personally loved it. I was busy the whole shift.

Cons

Not paid enough. Techs that make big mistakes are just protected by their supervisor and kept there working while repeatedly making those big mistakes on patients. I tried to go to HR about this with proof but no one would listen.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Working at Labcorp

Aug 1, 2021 - PST Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love this company. Being an older individual, I felt that my initial interview was more about my experience in the field rather than my age which was very gratifying to realize. My start rate of pay was also more than I could have asked for. Benefits are also very nice. I love the fact that vision coverage is once per year rather than every two years, like most other places. Perks at Work is another wonderful benefit. I could go on & on. I love my job!! Did I mention the quarterly bonuses?!!!

Cons

Yes, I was hired to work every Saturday, & needing the job, I accepted that proposal. This past year, our supervisor offered random Saturday’s off. I had one off so far. I am flexible due to not having young children at home but I know that other part timers who do have young kids are telling me that they would leave Labcorp for better hours as soon as they can just to have Saturday’s off. Also, we cannot have a Monday or Friday as our regular day off, ever! This means that the only time we have 2 days off together is by using PLB’s or holidays that fall on weekends. I feel that part-timers should have a set Saturday off regularly as well as being allowed a Monday or Friday off, especially on the days that we work on Saturday. A person needs two days off together to improve mental health. Monday & Friday used to be the busiest days, but now it seems that every day is a busy day so please consider changing this program. Please!! One more thing: we can only request vacations in December for the upcoming year! Unless we need only one PLB. That can be requested anytime. But for longer days, we don’t always know what days to choose, based on availability of others traveling with us. This needs to be looked at also.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to learn, and grow as an amazing employee and better person

Jul 28, 2021 - Clinical Trial Assistant in Barcelona
      Business Outlook

Pros

During my period as Trainee, I learned a lot from my colleagues. All of them were kind and friendly to me, answered warmly to all my questions and provided great feedback for me to improve and grow as a better employee and colleague. I love working at Labcorp since the teams are like small families to which you know you can rely on.

Cons

The only think that I would love is for Labcorp to help young employees from all over the world to course a Maters Degree in their country o in another since I think that would be highly valuable for the company as well as per the employees.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

TEMP JOB!!!!

Aug 2, 2021 - Study Support Specialist in Madison, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros only cons. You deserve better. Learn from my mistake and unnecessary suffering. Please don't work here!

Cons

This is a TEMPORARY JOB that they are disguising as a permanent full time job. This job is being automated. You could be hired and a few months later let go. I wish they told me this BEFORE I was hired. Nights, weekend and holiday work are required! This is the opposite of what I was told during the interview and hiring process. Work hours can be around 90hrs/week. Employee PTO is not respected. You can be called into work with no notice. I had to cut my pre-approved vacation short and fly back to Madison to cover the work for an underperforming team member. Please note there were multiple other team members in the office that could have completed the work. Insultingly low pay. If it weren't for the excessive overtime, this position would pay far below the standard for low income in Madison. Insanely high turnover of both employees and supervisors.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Lifetime career

Jul 27, 2021 - Senior Program Manager in Harrogate, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can move around with the organization, gain experience in a variety of areas and progress your career. The opportunities are endless!

Cons

In such a large organization it is inevitable that sometimes the personal touch is lost. This is however where the individual team cultures are so important to ensure someone is engaged and does not feel isolated. In my experience unfortunately not all departments have a strong team culture.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A Solid Company but Needs Improvement

Jul 22, 2021 - Cytotechnologist in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong company, there's always work. manager allows flexible schedules which is good for work/life balance, the company will eventually upgrade the tools necessary to be more efficient. Annual raises.

Cons

The overall management style is bad. It's fear-based, punitive, and oppressive from top to bottom. Many good people have left due to this pressure and stress. Needs an overall revamping of management style. Allow the supervisors and managers to be evaluated by their employees. Slow to open positions when needed. The on-boarding is too long. To much pressure to constantly work on days off.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,717 Reviews