Mars Reviews

Found 2,296 of over 3,271 reviews

4.2
Mars Office of the President Grant F. Reid
Grant F. Reid
Pros
  • "there are great benefits at this company(in 128 reviews)

• "A supportive culture with great people across the company(in 100 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance not easy to manage(in 89 reviews)

• "Decision making is painfully slow(in 56 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

A great place to work

Jul 25, 2021 - Demand Planning Director in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, Culture, Commitment to Quality, Private ownership

Cons

Supply Chain, Planning Systems, Strategic planning, Agility

Mars Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review to share your experience with us and provide such constructive feedback. We deeply care about our Associates, and are dedicated to always improving, so if you would like to provide any further feedback regarding your listed cons, please get in touch with your People and Organization team. We appreciate your perspective and look forward to hearing more from you. Thank you.

2. 3.0

Good company structure yet diluted interpretation of KPIs in Australia

May 19, 2021 - Industrial Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning opportunities are abundant and rather robust business structure. Mars University is great for anyone willing to learn (full of real practical learnings) Leadership team (LT) is great! Smart, caring, and accountable senior managers. Free goods every 3 weeks.

Cons

Bossy middle managers (FMT) with minimal help on onboarding and unreasonable work expectations - primarily promoted team managers and etc with minimal academic knowledge and degrees. Happy to blame plant workers for anything and then find ways to reduce them. Full of young graduates who never worked in other firms and are happy to report everything to middle managers in hope of securing a permanent position. Often difficult to work with as they don’t understand thinking outside the box! Never been exposed to anything else but Mars ways of working. Politicised mindset and teaming! HR is only managers puppet and would not hesitate to intimidate you bottom line. Ombudsman is even worse than HR so forget about it.

Continue reading

Social Media Strategist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review to share your experience with us and provide such constructive feedback. We deeply care about our Associates, and are dedicated to always improving, so if you would like to provide any further feedback regarding your listed cons, please get in touch with your former People and Organization team. We appreciate your perspective and look forward to hearing more from you. Thank you.

3. 5.0

A great place to work!

Jul 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people and culture. Very understanding.

Cons

Decision making process can take a while

Mars Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review to share your experience with us and provide such great feedback. We are deeply committed to our Associates' wellbeing and development and we're happy to hear you're having a positive experience with us. If you would like to share any additional feedback or recommendations, please get in touch with your People and Organization team. Thank you!

4. 5.0

Great place to work!

Jul 12, 2021 - Buyer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, great products and focused on developing people.

Cons

Slower career growth compared to other industries

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

The best place to learn and grow

May 17, 2021 - Senior Human Resources Manager in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Multinational, privately owned, live by the principles

Cons

can be stressful as expectations are high

6. 5.0

Great Place to work

Apr 23, 2021 - Recipe Technician in Bathurst
      Business Outlook

Pros

5 Principals, Ethical, listens to associates.

Cons

Nothing that I can think off.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Apr 13, 2021 - Product Development in Bathurst
      Business Outlook

Pros

People and culture is great

Cons

Nothing wrong in working for Mars

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Current Employee - supply planner

Mar 15, 2021 - Supply Planner
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people and culture, competitive salary and benefits, strong commitment to development and career progression.

Cons

supply planner role is based out of customer offices

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fit in or move on culture

Apr 8, 2021 - Senior Shift Manager in Wyong
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, excellent leadership training

Cons

Individual manager or director control. If you were not liked, you were treated poorly and pushed out fast.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Great Company to work

Feb 24, 2021 - FP&A Analyst in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

great line managers, great company culture, lots of development ops

Cons

less than market pay but depending on level

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,296 Reviews