Mediaocean Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

4.0
Mediaocean CEO Bill Wise
Bill Wise
Pros
Cons
  • "No cons I can this of for this company(in 11 reviews)

• "(in 8 reviews)

1. "OPS"

I have been working at Mediaocean full-time

Pros

Great working environment, collaborative team

Cons

Need work OT sometimes but not too bad

Mediaocean2018-05-01
  2. "Aeging, client-requests focussed product company with an engineering mind-set"

Current Employee - L2 Support Engineer in Pune

I have been working at Mediaocean full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- if you are in the engineering team then -- you can over estimate the work and no one will really question -- still get promoted every year at least once --in general an engineering resource is more valued compared to a product person - if you are in the product team then -- you just need to take requests from clients -- or do integration work

Cons

- Outdated engineering tech stack - Product managers mostly work on client requests or integration work - fresh college grads are hired as product managers (explains the importance of product management) - any product management work that is less important or is refused by folks in US/UK is offshored - higher management in India (both product and engineering) are mostly for approving leaves, managing seating... arrangements, CSR and ensuring that visitors from US and Australia are taken care of. MOST are even remotely not involved in actual work and have a zero say in promotions, strategic decisions or appraisals. - Since Vista has taken over, company has not been able to grow organically. Most growth is through buy outs of other companies. Any effort to expand in terms of product offering or geography outside of US has been a failure - APAC expansion is name sake - 90% attrition of product managers in last 2 years - mostly in US, UK and India - so now the trick is to make internal folks - QAs/client services folks as product managers - so really the ideology is that anyone can become a product manager in Mediaocean - on the engineering side the ambitious folks tend to quit otherwise it is a good life.

Advice to Management

Hire more engineers, product managers are useless. Just focus on what clients ask you to do and I am sure Mediaocean will be the most innovative company in the world - better than Google.

Mediaocean2019-09-18
  3. "Large company with ageing platforms"

Former Employee - Support Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Mediaocean full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people to work with.

Cons

Software is dated and clunky.

Advice to Management

Be open to advice and be inclusive to all teams.

Mediaocean2019-07-23

"Senior Qualty Analyst 1"

I have been working at Mediaocean full-time

Pros

- Good company to work with in terms of salary and work culture. - Timings are really flexible - Lots of activities like Annual party, quarterly dinner etc - Work from home option available

Cons

None I can think of

Mediaocean2019-06-03
  5. "Team Lead"

I have been working at Mediaocean full-time

Pros

Good Culture and Employee focused organization

Cons

No comments from my side

Advice to Management

Should be transparent and take every team member on highest growth path

Mediaocean2019-05-18

"Save yourself. Don't join!!"

Current Employee - Advanced Software Engineer

I have been working at Mediaocean full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

No work maybe You can learn microNmanagement Learn how to force employees to give 5 star ratings in glass door (these are reviews by the leadership) Learn how to Keep working without improving skills Learn to Work on vintage technology (tech that is not used by anyone else)

Cons

No growth No learning Spineless leadership

Advice to Management

What's the use of advice. They don't follow at all.

Mediaocean2019-06-17
  7. "Oracle Database Administrator"

Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mediaocean full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Decent salary 2. Unlimited PTO 3. maternity/paternity leave

Cons

1. Rotation/on call 2. Expecting to available longer hours/weekend 3. no formal training/classes

Advice to Management

Fix the Cons.

Mediaocean2019-04-25
  8. "A great, people-driven company with a bright future in the industry!"

Former Employee - Documentation Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Mediaocean full-time for more than a year

Pros

By far, the biggest pro at Mediaocean is the peoople. Every single person at the company is amazing, and I've never encountered a situation where someone did not want to go above and beyond to help you. I made so many close friends at Mediaocean, and that speaks volumes about to the types of people they hire. Another pro of Mediaocean is the culture. There is a "work hard, play hard" mentality, and while everyone... is working hard, everyone knows how to have fun. There are several social events held in the office during company time, and everyone from individual contributors to the C-suite kick back and relax. The work-life balance is second to none at Mediaocean. There is an expectation that you perform at a high caliber, but management (at least those in my reporting line) were very liberal with your work schedule. As long as you get your work done on time, you can work from home and take time off as needed (as long as you get supervisory approval and don't abuse it).

Cons

One con to Mediaocean is that compensation can be below industry standard. I can only speak for my personal experience, but a candidate with my years of experience, skills, and education could easily be making $5k-$10k+ more elsewhere. You have to keep in mind, though, that some of the benefits (like the flexible work schedule) can make this a non-issue for some. Another con is slow career growth for some. As I... wrote above, every single person at Mediaocean works hard, but I saw some people make several jumps in title in a short amount of time, and others that I thought deserved a promotion be passed on. Added to this problem is that there is not a clear career map for most positions, which makes the promotion and compensation process extremely vague.

Advice to Management

Continue to nurture the amazing culture you've built, and remember that it's the people at Mediaocean that make the company a success. Be more transparent about how decisions are made. While I understand that upper-management cannot share every single detail about every decision made, being more transparent about how you decide compensation increases and promotions will go a long way in establishing a sense of... fairness. In line with this, consider creating career growth maps that help employees see and understand what they need to do in order to be promoted.

Mediaocean2019-04-06

"Great"

I worked at Mediaocean full-time

Pros

Nice timings. Amazing culture. Less work pressure.

Cons

No cons I can this of for this company

Mediaocean2019-03-21

"Mediaocean was good when it was DDS"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Mediaocean full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary was decent along with work schedule.

Cons

Upper management was terrible. They would just lie to your face and not blink an eyelash. When Mediaocean was bought by Vista Equity, they promised no layoffs. They claimed Vista Equity was going to improve Mediaocean through innovation while enjoying the profits Mediaocean was producing. The very next week, they laid off over 150 people!!!!!

Advice to Management

Try honesty!

Mediaocean2019-03-16