Found 648 of over 703 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Pay is low and they don't care to match other companies." (in 59 reviews)
- "Horrible management with limited background in healthcare and imaging." (in 31 reviews)
- "favoritism runs high, pay is OK, the patient population" (in 10 reviews)
- "The salary is low and not competitive with other hospitals in the area" (in 9 reviews)
- "Upper management gets all the bonuses and doesn’t give back to the employees." (in 6 reviews)
- 5.07 Nov 2023Director of Nursing ResearchCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsFountain Valley, CA
Live the values of integrity, accountability, best practices, compassion, & synergy in an organization that puts its patients and employees 1st! MemorialCare is a nonprofit integrated healthcare delivery system that includes 4 hospitals – * Long Beach Medical Center, * Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach, * Orange Coast Medical Center, and *Saddleback Medical Center; *Award-winning medical groups; and *Shared Services. The opportunity to work in an organization the embodies their vision (Exceptional People, Extraordinary Care, Every Time) & and mission (to improve the health and well being of individuals, families and our communities) statements is rewarding and amazing. There are many benefits....opportunities for professional growth & development, tuition reimbursement, health insurance, and more.
I have my dream job, so hard for me to consider cons.-:)
- 5.011 Sept 2023Manager, Talent Acquistion OperationsCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearFountain Valley, Orange, CA
This is truly an outstanding place to work, and they understand and the importance of caring for their patients and their PEOPLE! As a part of the Team, you feel valued and included, and your voice truly matters. I can also say that they are HUGE on DE&I Initiatives and live it every day from leadership to the front-line workers and are working consistently to ensure it is part of our very fabric!
Still have some opportunity to enhance and further develop DE&I in some area of our organization, along with other administrative growth opportunities.
- 5.016 Sept 2023CoordinatorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearFountain Valley, CA
There is a lot opportunity for advancement. They have an excellent selection of benefits. If you get into the right department with the right manager, you will love working there.
There are cliques, so you have to make a considered effort to fit in or you will be miserable. While interviewing ask to interview with your actual manager and immediate supervisor. Then ask about the culture in that department. It will give you insight on how they interact with each other and if they are a fit for you.
- 5.030 Oct 2023Patient Care Assistant (PCA)Former Employee, more than 1 year
nurses are nice and willing to help you when busy
sometimes you have with difficult patients or families
- 3.025 Oct 2023RN 2Current Employee, more than 3 yearsLong Beach, CA
Magnet facility, recent contract negotiations provided good pay raise
Some managers not as “people centered” as they should be. Very little focus on staff retention resulting in lots of staff turnover
- 5.011 Sept 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
I previously worked for a company that I loved and where I thought I would work until I retired. I used to joke that it was my second home. When office closures impacted my position, I never thought I'd find another employer that would feel like "home" again.....until I landed my job at MemorialCare. I knew from the first interview that I had found my new home. There is such a warm sense of belonging--the people are amazing. And the company's integrity is unmatched. I'm proud to work for MemorialCare.
I can't think of any cons.1MemorialCare Response3mo
Thank you for the review - We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us at MemeorialCare
- 5.019 Oct 2023Registered Nurse, BSNCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLong Beach, CA
Great orientation. The staff is really helpful.
Not as well paid as some of other hospitalsMemorialCare Response2mo
Thank you for the review! We appreciate you taking the time to provide your insight.
- 5.011 Sept 2023Executive Director, Organizational & Talent DevelopmentCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsFountain Valley, CA
I have worked here for over 15 years and have seen the organization grow into a fully integrated healthcare delivery system. Leadership is focused on what is best for our patients and our employees. We are focused on patient safety, quality, diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, and being an employer that everyone wants to work for. There are many different career opportunities available.
I can't think of any at this time.MemorialCare Response3mo
Amazing feedback, thank you!
- 5.011 Oct 2023Provider Data CoordinatorFormer EmployeeFountain Valley, Orange, CA
Great work environment, great supervisors
Workload can get heavy at timesMemorialCare Response2mo
THank you fro taking the time to let us know how we are doing!
MemorialCare Reviews FAQs
MemorialCare has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 703 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at MemorialCare to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.
79% of MemorialCare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MemorialCare 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.