Olympus Group Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

4.5
Olympus Group President Brian Adam
Brian Adam

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This is a great place to work with great benefits (in 6 reviews)

• There is also profit sharing, so all of the employees can benefit from the success year to year (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a very fast paced environment which can be frustrating if you are not used to it (in 5 reviews)

• No cons, just some people need to get used to working as a team more often (in 3 reviews)

"Special Projects Coordinator"

Current Employee - Special Projects in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Special Projects in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I have been working at Olympus Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting projects, smart co-workers, great creative team work opportunities.

Cons

Quick turnaround on many projects, so there is a lot of multitasking and you often need the ability to turn on a dime--Olympus Group not a place for lazy people!

13 Nov 2017 – President

We really appreciate the kind words – thanks for taking the time to share your experience with Olympus.

2. "Shipping and receiving"

Former Employee - Shipper/Receiver in Orlando, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Shipper/Receiver in Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Olympus Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to grow. Nice benefits.

Cons

Lack of good management. Procedures are not followed. No consideration for other employees. Lack of training.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the work in process. Don't lower standards because of time. Use the system in place properly.

13 Nov 2017 – President

We appreciate the feedback! We're continually looking to improve and are actively address some of the challenges you've shared.
    Training - We have developed some new training programs & annual... More

3. "Positive Work Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I have been working at Olympus Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Olympus is a very employee centered company. The management team encourages growth both personally and professionally and will work with you to help you reach your goals. I have never worked at a company that gives the employees so many incentives and opportunities. It is made very clear that we are all on the same team and we will only succeed as a team if everyone does their best. Upper level managers are very open and willing to discuss issues head-on and the owner is extremely open in regards to the direction of the company. I really like the atmosphere at Olympus Group and feel fortunate to have found such a great place to work!

Cons

I can't think of many, no company is perfect, but I'm pretty satisfied with this job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency so employees stay engaged and informed.

5. "Team Environment"

I have been working at Olympus Group part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company has grown tremendously since i've been here, and its been a joy to be part of it as it evolves. Employees work hard and strive for growth with management that supports them. Company wants us to grow and develop personal goals to benefit the company and ourselves. This combination keeps employees satisfied and people just enjoy their jobs as many stay for years. This company just simply has awesome values.

Cons

None that I can think of currently.

6. "Awesome Company!"

Current Employee - Prepress Specialist in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Prepress Specialist in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Olympus Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome company to work with, opportunity to growth inside, and great values, great benefits and management is very friendly with the employees.

Cons

I don't have any cons for the company.

15 Nov 2016 – President

7. "A Company that Values it's Employees"

I have been working at Olympus Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The corporate culture is positive and progressive from the top on down. Employees are appreciated and given the opportunity to grow and participate in a multitude of ways, for example there is a program for any employee to offer suggestions and a cash reward is given each month to a randomly drawn suggestion.

Cons

I have nothing of major concern to share. The company does a good job of dealing with any issues that may arise.

15 Nov 2016 – President

8. "Fast Paced, Creative, Innovative"

I have been working at Olympus Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Olympus is always growing and always looking to the future. Employees are encouraged to problem solve on their own and as a team. Flexible in terms of work schedule. Benefits are great and management makes a point of keeping the entire company aware of our achievements and our challenges. Lots of transparency. Open door policy actually works here.

Cons

As with most manufacturing environments, there can be a disconnect between sales and production, at times. Better communication with more sharing of information is an area that needs a little work, but overall I would recommend Olympus to anyone looking for a new job opportunity.

Advice to Management

Take another look at the method of introducing new employees.

9. "Working at Olympus"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Pros

Very positive, team environment. Focused on creating a high quality product and all employees understand that and have the tools to achieve it.

Cons

I'm happy to work here and don't have cons.

15 Nov 2016 – President

10. "An Awesome Company To Work For!"

Current Employee - New Business Development in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Current Employee - New Business Development in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I have been working at Olympus Group part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Olympus is a great company to work for and one that that cares about its employees. They do everything they can to make sure we all have a safe and happy environment to work in, and that we are given the tools and support to do a job we are proud of. They welcome suggestions and feedback from all employees, encouraging it actually! The core values are upheld on all levels and the company is transparent in its financials and plans. It's truly a team environment. In the time I've been with Olympus, the company continues to grow, evolve and it only gets better!

Cons

In an industry driven by deadlines, sometimes it's hectic and requires moving at a fast but accurate pace. I don't necessarily consider this a con, because it's a way to grow, learn and conquer a challenge, but just something to note.

Advice to Management

The management team is top notch, open and friendly and hands on. They do the work with you and are passionate about it.

15 Nov 2016 – President

11. "Great Work Environment, Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I have been working at Olympus Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging work environment that changes daily. You will not be bored working here. Family oriented company, that is transparent about all aspects of the business. Management is respectful of a work / home life balance, and genuinely cares about employees. Team players who can manage their own time and projects thrive here.

Cons

Fast paced work environment and daily changes in workload may not be for some people. I only list this as a con, because some people find this sort of environment stressful while others love it. Supervisors are not micro-managers, so again I list this as a con if you like a strict work schedules and narrowly focused tasks.

Advice to Management

Keep finding ways to help employees grow in their careers. Not only with promotions and company growth, but with directed personal improvement.