PUMA Reviews

4.3
PUMA CEO Björn Gulden
Björn Gulden
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper Management not understanding store management(in 15 reviews)

• "No cons as such for the cultures(in 11 reviews)

"Great team culture"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Melbourne
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at PUMA part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great in-store team culture Not challenging work

Cons

Upper Management not understanding store management Upper Management not caring about people, only profits

May 5, 2020Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback. The employees working at PUMA are the key to our success. That’s why we aim to create an inspiring and motivating environment every day. We appreciate the experience you shared with us and will look into your concerns. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

2. "Ok place, to many people not invested in the brand"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Assistant

I worked at PUMA part-time

Pros

Good staff discount, and work facilities

Cons

no career progression and false promises

July 10, 2020Human Resources

Thanks for your review about your former job. It's nice to hear that you enjoyed the benefits and perks of working at PUMA. We pride ourselves on consistently promoting from within for open positions. We appreciate the feedback you have provided and will look into your concerns. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

3. "Don’t bother working at Puma Australia"

1.0
    Casual Sales Assistant in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at PUMA for less than a year

Pros

The only pros were that the pay was decent. As a casual I made almost $27 an hour at my age. The staff discount was good too at 60%. Unfortunately not even these benefits could outweigh the cons

Cons

Some of these points may come down to location (NSW, Australia). Firstly management is terrible at all levels, higher management will come in store and blame casuals for not doing a managers job. Managers sit in the back room on their phone all day whilst casuals stay out front and work. This was incredibly frustrating as there were only ever 2 people working at a time (including manager) so if you were rostered on with the manager, which happened a lot, you were essentially working by yourself for hours. Breaks were abysmal too, for a 9 hour shift you only had a 30 min break (and the manager would say that she would count our toilet breaks as our 10 min breaks). There were hardly any shifts available either, you’d be lucky to get one 5 hour shift a week. Knowing this management would still continue to hire more casuals knowing there’s already no work available. The culture was so horrible too. It didn’t help that the manager was incredibly petty and just a bad, unlikeable manager overall who had clear favourites and if she didn’t like you for whatever reason you would not get shifts. She would make casuals do her work for her (like messaging other casuals about their resignation since she was too childish). Managers would leave the store for hours at a time claiming to go get food and not come back for ages. I could go on since there is so much more to be said but overall don’t bother, higher management doesn’t even understand that the stores aren’t performing because of their poor choices. The pro of a decent pay just really isn’t worth everything else that came with the job. I would never go back.

Continue reading

July 5, 2020Human Resources

Thanks for your review about your former job in Sydney. At PUMA we are committed to getting better every day. We consider criticism of any kind, as an important part of our learning process. As a Brand, we are committed to providing a great working culture. We are sorry if you didn’t have that experience. We appreciate your honest feedback concerning our store’s operation and will look into your concerns. All the best for your future career.

"Casual employee"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I have been working at PUMA part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours and great working environment

Cons

Can sometimes only work limited shifts based on store performance

February 27, 2020Human Resources

Thanks for your positive review. We’re so glad to hear that you appreciate the great PUMA working atmosphere and you enjoy some of the many perks of our Wellbeing Program. Thanks for your feedback, it’s the best way for us to get better. We wish you all the best in your future career.

5. "Good global business - Poorly managed in AU"

4.0
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at PUMA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great product, Helpful global team

Cons

AU management lacks vision, Selfish leaders, No Accountability

November 12, 2019Employer Branding

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your open feedback. At PUMA we are committed to getting better at everything we do and consider feedback as an important part of our learning process. We wish you all the best for your future career at PUMA.

6. "Fantastic workplace, management needs improvement though"

4.0
    Former Employee - IT Support Officer

I worked at PUMA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic team, flexible working, reasonable benefits

Cons

A gap in communication between upper management and general employee base

June 26, 2019Human Resources

Thanks for your review about your former job. We’re glad to hear that you appreciated our great working atmosphere and enjoyed some of the many perks of PUMA's Wellbeing Program. At PUMA, we always aim to provide a unique work environment and are happy about any kind of criticism that helps us improve ourselves. All the best for your future career!

7. "Thoroughly enjoyed my time at Puma Australia (Cobra Puma Golf). You made to feel welcome and valued from the start."

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Brisbane

I worked at PUMA full-time for more than a year

Pros

- working for a global brand - great job progression within the business

Cons

- no flexibility with rules and regulations (I.e bonus etc)

February 6, 2018Human Resource

Thank you very much for posting your comments and feedback. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your time at Cobra Puma Golf in Brisbane, Australia. We take your feedback as an opportunity to further grow in how to become an employer of choice. We wish you all the best in the next chapter of your career.

8. "Too much trust in new manager even though he was tearing team apart for personal promotion chances"

1.0
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Sydney

I worked at PUMA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Usually great working environment Learn a lot about sports apparel and footwear Teaching product knowledge

Cons

Sometimes not recognising effort put in by team members

Continue reading

November 7, 2017Human Resources

Many thanks for your honest feedback about your position in Australia. At PUMA we are committed to providing the best working environment possible. In order to do that, we need to know what we’re doing right or wrong. So bring on the criticism and feedback, it’s the best way for us to get better. We wish you all the best in your future career.

9. "Good employer"

I have been working at PUMA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very open employer who does everything to have employees and management connected as a family.

Cons

no cons at this stage

August 3, 2020Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback. It’s nice to hear that our efforts to create a great PUMA working environment are appreciated. "Be Together" is one of our values that defines our working culture because we believe in the power of all of us when we work together, when we join our minds, our energy and our passion. We wish you an amazing day.

10. COVID-19

"Sports company with speed & spirit and amazing culture"

Current Employee - Business Process Manager in Herzogenaurach

I have been working at PUMA full-time for less than a year

Pros

This truely is a company where the personality of the employee counts! Work is not just about work but also about fun, spirit, friendship and achieving great things together. Not to mention all the perks you get as a PUMA employee: great discounts, nice and modern offices, work from home opportunities (not just because of Covid-19), flextime and a very good canteen. Since working for PUMA I wake up in the morning and am happy to be able to go to work!

Cons

Nothing really to complain about!

August 3, 2020Human Resources

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoy working at PUMA and appreciate the culture and atmosphere that we create for our employees. All the best for your future career!

Found 610 reviews