Power Home Remodeling Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

1,038 Ratings

1,286 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "No work/life balance which is frustrating at times" (in 110 reviews)

• "Door to Door, won't tell you until you interview" (in 103 reviews)

"Power as a Whole"

Former Employee - Outbound Marketer in Waterbury, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Outbound Marketer in Waterbury, CT (US)

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture within this company is far different (in a great way) from other organizations. Management is well trained, passionate and knowledgable, these approaches and attitudes inevitable trickle down. There is an endless amount of upward mobility and professional growth within Power as well. The philosophy of the company is essentially to serve their employees first, because the company understands the value of having good and loyal workers. Power not only prepares you for other professional pursuits, but also for life in general. Their approach to work is very practical and empowering. While working at Power I was constantly pushed to reach my highest potential and always supported. This company does things for their employees that most people wouldn't do for their own family members. The earning potential is unreal and from my experience it changed a lot of people's lives financially, including mine. Power is also a progressive and innovative company that always looks to do things differently than other companies. Power puts on annual conferences addressing pertinent global, national and company wide topics/issues, which is always wonderful for a resume. If invited to the conferences they always cover major costs (hotel,food,flight). One of the things I like bout Power most is that no matter where you go, you can take you job with you in most cases. Power has expanded all across the nation and allows office transfers and relocation, sometimes with monetary compensation depending on the reason for the move. Not to mention, they have great benefits!

Cons

The hours can be rough whether sales or marketing, but as you earn your stripes and learn how to manage time ( which are skills that are taught within the organization) you get used to it. There is a lot of commitment when it comes to Power. Commitment isn't a bad thing, it just isn't for everyone. With the nature of the company and the culture, Power very easily becomes your life 7 days a week. Mainly because it is so enjoyable, but if you have a hard time being committed and don't like to be very engaged personally or professionally, Power may not be the place for you.... however it is worth a try! Every company has cons or negative aspects, but what sets Power aside from other companies is that your voice is heard. If there is something that you don't like, you can speak on it and not be uncomfortable. Change is something that is embraced within Power, especially if it can help them be a better company.

Advice to Management

Management at Power is always evolving. New ideas, concepts and approaches are welcomed constantly. My advice to management is to never lose the open minds that most, if not all of them have. I also appreciate the process of merit based promotion and advancement that management instills. Continue to be leaders in and out of the office and continue to empower your employees.

2. "Remodeling Consultant/Outbound Marketer"

Former Employee - Remodeling Consultant and Marketer in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Remodeling Consultant and Marketer in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people, products, culture and customer service are all incredible

Cons

Schedule can be tough sometimes

3. "Headquarters Experience as a Marketer"

Former Employee - Marketer in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Marketer in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, management is very helpful, the training was the best sales training I have received, everyone wants you to succeed, the money making potential is limitless, I took / still take pride in the company as a whole. You feel good about what you're selling / marketing. Really good socials that bring you closer with coworkers, really an outstanding company across all standards and they are only growing! Highly recommend, if I wasn't relocating I would love to stay and work for a company like Power that invest in there main assets (employees) I always felt at home at the Philly Headquarters.

Cons

Long work weeks, personal life outside of work is hard to manage. Required to work every other Saturday. During the week the hours tend to be 12-8 , felt like I'd get home sleep wake up do it again

4. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Southfield, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Southfield, MI (US)

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management
    Great opportunities

Cons

You have to work hard

Advice to Management

If I had to be hypercritical
    I guess......
    I would like more one on one time

5. "Fantastic culture"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager/Remodeling Consultant in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager/Remodeling Consultant in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company cares about as their employee. Management cares about your success.

Cons

It’s a tough job both in marketing and in sales. Work hard and you will make a ton of money.

Advice to Management

None.

6. "field marketer"

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time

Pros

great culture and supportive staff

Cons

long hours and changing schedule

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture at Power is incredible. Matched 401k, great health benefits for families, 20 days off per year, and a paid vacation to Mexico for every employee in December. The office features big screen TVs, ping pong, and PlayStation 4. A millinials dream come true.

Leaders in the office go on two trips per year. Leadership conferences are outrageously fun and everything is on Powers dime. Flights, hotels, top golf, white water rafting, Orlando studios, etc. Those who invest in their career really get compensated in spades. Opportunity to travel to other offices if desired.

Cons

Work life balance can be challenging. At least 2 hours per day spent in the car for sales. Sometimes more.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

8. "Marketing Rep"

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Chester, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Chester, PA (US)

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Power Home Remodeling as a phenomenal culture. Everyone is very friendly and has a strong family atmosphere. They have fun/cool panels to attend too in which they discuss topics a lot of companies would not do (cultural diversity, women summit etc). They also take the entire company to Mexico for free every year.

Cons

Lots and Lots of hours. I wouldn't be home till 8 or 9 clock. Was home by 7:30 if i was lucky (but you go in later). Even if your supposed to work from 11-7, sometimes you will have to come in early for constant training (not a bad thing) but you'll have very long days.

Advice to Management

Management is fantastic. They support and help everyone. They also are open to taking new ideas and will not ignore your inputs. *but at the end of the day it is a numbers game*

9. "Best Job Ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA (US)

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive, Supportive work environment. Upper management truly supports me and my team and wants everyone to succeed. I am provided with tools and time to do my job and help is always available.

Cons

There is no down side to my job.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your teams, and take time to listen to them.

10. "Marketing"

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time

Pros

Cammaderie, Growth, Potential, Culture, learning

Cons

Balance, Pay, expectations, oppurtonity, life

Showing 1,286 of 1,306 reviews