Power Home Remodeling Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Power Home Remodeling Co-CEOs Corey Schiller & Asher Raphael
Corey Schiller & Asher Raphael
1,111 Ratings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Power has amazing all inclusive trip to Mexico at the end of the year" (in 55 reviews)

• "The training given is second to none" (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • "No work/life balance which is frustrating at times" (in 119 reviews)

• "Door to Door, won't tell you until you interview" (in 107 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Power as a Whole"

Former Employee - Outbound Marketer in Waterbury, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Outbound Marketer in Waterbury, CT (US)

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture within this company is far different (in a great way) from other organizations. Management is well trained, passionate and knowledgable, these approaches and attitudes inevitable trickle down. There is an endless amount of upward mobility and professional growth within Power as well. The philosophy of the company is essentially to serve their employees first, because the company understands the value of having good and loyal workers. Power not only prepares you for other professional pursuits, but also for life in general. Their approach to work is very practical and empowering. While working at Power I was constantly pushed to reach my highest potential and always supported. This company does things for their employees that most people wouldn't do for their own family members. The earning potential is unreal and from my experience it changed a lot of people's lives financially, including mine. Power is also a progressive and innovative company that always looks to do things differently than other companies. Power puts on annual conferences addressing pertinent global, national and company wide topics/issues, which is always wonderful for a resume. If invited to the conferences they always cover major costs (hotel,food,flight). One of the things I like bout Power most is that no matter where you go, you can take you job with you in most cases. Power has expanded all across the nation and allows office transfers and relocation, sometimes with monetary compensation depending on the reason for the move. Not to mention, they have great benefits!

Cons

The hours can be rough whether sales or marketing, but as you earn your stripes and learn how to manage time ( which are skills that are taught within the organization) you get used to it. There is a lot of commitment when it comes to Power. Commitment isn't a bad thing, it just isn't for everyone. With the nature of the company and the culture, Power very easily becomes your life 7 days a week. Mainly because it is so enjoyable, but if you have a hard time being committed and don't like to be very engaged personally or professionally, Power may not be the place for you.... however it is worth a try! Every company has cons or negative aspects, but what sets Power aside from other companies is that your voice is heard. If there is something that you don't like, you can speak on it and not be uncomfortable. Change is something that is embraced within Power, especially if it can help them be a better company.

Advice to Management

Management at Power is always evolving. New ideas, concepts and approaches are welcomed constantly. My advice to management is to never lose the open minds that most, if not all of them have. I also appreciate the process of merit based promotion and advancement that management instills. Continue to be leaders in and out of the office and continue to empower your employees.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential. Schedule flexibility. Fun work culture

Cons

No gas reimbursement for travel . Can't control the amount of opportunities

Advice to Management

With new tax laws taking effect , consider helping out RCs with gas and mileage

3. "Deep thoughts , a different perspective"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant Team Lead in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant Team Lead in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The camaraderie, the support at every level. Good money. Everyone is given a chance to succeed. I trust the company I work for. The customer service instills confidence so you can do your job without feeling like you are screwing someone over.

Cons

The schedule. Not knowing when your appointments are going to come. Also working every Saturday if you want to leave town for the weekend you have to take time off, and those days are limited with sick time and life.

On a secondary note, I’m an older rep (38), I feel a lot of emphasis is placed on the company continuing to get younger (#1 for millennials) and I feel like I will be out of place soon with a younger crowd.

Advice to Management

Have one Saturday a month off so you can get out of town for a weekend. I know that’s a lot to keep up with, and probably won’t work. Maybe have one weekend where you commit to Saturday and Sunday and the next weekend off....

4. "Remodeling Consultant"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Phila, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Phila, PA (US)

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited amount of opportunity and resources for advancement. They have a relentless dedication to improving both customers experiences as well as their employees lives and experiences. Incredible company that truly walks the walk. Proud to be part of their team.

Cons

Schedule can be trying. Although they are always working on remedy for every con they have.

Advice to Management

Continue to be as supportive and awesome as you have always been!!

5. "Completion, Momentum, Reflection, & Celebration"

Current Employee - Sales Mentor in Farmingville, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Mentor in Farmingville, NY (US)

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Power Home Remodeling provided amazing training, along with ample time (over two years) to complete all of the challenges that faced me as a new employee before I moved up a SINGLE rank. There is no quick path to success here at Power, but by achieving small goal after small goal, implementing the actions and discipline I learned here, I've been able to build momentum that eventually carried me to a mentorship position. Looking back, it was very frustrating dealing with all of the obstacles along the way, but it's made me a better version of myself, one that I had never thought possible before. The financial freedom gained through success here has allowed me to pay off tens of thousands of dollars of my student debt, and I will debt-free in less than one year from now. I'm able to re-invest in my team members who give me great purpose and fulfillment in my career, and create a better future for myself and the people I love outside of Power.

Cons

If you have no sales or marketing experience, it can take a long time to figure this job out. We live in a society where we are so conditioned to things being quick and in some cases instantaneous, so when things don't improve quickly for someone it can be a big turnoff. The true secret here lies in patience, waiting, and working hard even though you may only see tiny improvements over time.

6. "Great Training and Opportunity"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Power has a great training systems in place, so people with no experience who are willing to work hard, an succeed right away. They only promote from within so there is plenty of growth opportunities. Great work life balance after a while. Even if you are struggling, they really invest time and effort to improve their people.

Cons

The schedule can be an adjustment depending on what you are used to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

7. "Life Changing"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Irving, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Power has been the best career decision I could of made. A company designed for people with a strong work ethic and the eagerness to become the best version of themselves. The training given is second to none. There is constant communication between you and leadership. The earning potential has not only changed my entire outlook on what is possible in life but it has changed my entire family’s outlook.

Cons

I have yet to find one.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and continue to value every single employees input. I wish I could offer more.

8. "Remodeling consultant"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love why I do. I love that I get to help people every day. I love that I’m able to say for the first time in my life that I love my bosses. Working for power home remodeling changed my life. I will be forever greatful.

Cons

Not having a set schedule can sometimes be inconvenient

Advice to Management

Don’t change.

9. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Wilton, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Wilton, CT (US)

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best choice i ever made was coming here great people awesome commision bonuses and uncapped potential

Cons

For me is a bit of ride to wilton ct but other than that non

Advice to Management

Open up in westchester county but the management is amazing and the training is unparellel

10. "Careful! The kool aid is strong here."

Pros

Good people, Sense of purpose, giving back to charity, trips

Cons

Customers get taken advantage of in so many ways from the very first knock on the door/sign-up at BJ’s, all the way to the last stint effort by the operations team each month to cram as many installs as possible to meet a goal. Homeowners are lied to, a lot. Period. If you challenge that or bring it up it’s like you’re not behind the ‘Mission’. Internally, some shady business practices including a lot of time spent doing things without pay. If you need work life balance, I recommend you keep looking.

Advice to Management

You hire on personality but fire on metrics. Something is wrong there.