Revolut Reviews

Updated 8 Jul 2020

3.2
Revolut Founder and CEO Nikolay Storonsky
Nikolay Storonsky
Pros
  • "Fast paced, demanding, every day different(in 16 reviews)

• "You get exposure to many different things so you learn a lot(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "gt; unexpected spikes in workload may occur - which makes work/life balance challenging(in 28 reviews)

• "Long hours and a bit chaotic at times(in 16 reviews)

"Aiming to recruit the best!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

After 8 interviews/video calls and a home analytical exercise that consumed 25 man hours, I bought into the high performing culture that is Revolut. I was inspired by all the good, bad and ugly available on internet about the company; and overwhelmingly resonated with my work style and desire to work with a company that welcomes innovation, gsd mindset and people's pursuit of doing things better, different, faster etc. Feels like I have joined a company that truly embraces risk/reward for high performing individuals. Also seems that all the 'showmanship' leaders/manages with egos, abrasive communication style and selfish mindsets are unwelcome. And that is a great thing!

Cons

No cons as too early. However I embrace the opportunity to work with the team to build a culture that is fit for the company's Lifestage today, noting high growth period would come with teething problems/personal stress etc. I welcome the opportunity to showcase how we can be a high performing team in a collegial respectful, continuous learning environment.

January 21, 2020Stronger Together

Hey, thanks for your review! We’re in the process of reforming our candidate experience throughout the recruitment process so that it’s more efficient and works better for everyone involved. We’ve worked hard on reforming our internal processes and communicating these changes to the outside world - we’re glad that we’ve shown you how we’ve grown! We encourage you to continue to get involved with evolving our culture so that we become the best we can be. Let’s get it done!

"Avoid"

2.0
    Former Employee - KYC Analyst

I worked at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work experience / Nice collegues

Cons

Long working hours Shifts Low salary Not enough benefits

January 23, 2020Stronger Together

Hey, thanks for your honest review. We appreciate your taking the time to give us feedback on areas where we can improve. As we’re in this intense phase of hypergrowth, there has been some pressure to Get It Done. However, as we’re scaling up and building a stronger foundation, we hope that our teams can come together and offer each other support as they grow. We try to offer competitive benefits compared to the industry average, but we’re always taking suggestions of things that we can add to this package. Our salaries and promotion opportunities are designed to attract the best talent, so we set them up according to the market. We would still appreciate more detailed feedback from you on how we can be better - so please do get in touch with us directly.

"Challenging but more opportunity to grow"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tokyo

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Has a lot of ownership in my work - Manager help me to get promote

Cons

Frequent change but nature of startup and we are in the transition period to be more established startup/

"Challenging and exciting environment with great opportunities"

Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the fast-paced and exciting environment and the fact that I get to work with a great team and brilliant people throughout the business. The base salaries are good and they offer great benefits (30 days annual leave, free deliveroo, etc.) A lot of complaints in other reviews are about the work-life balance and to be honest it can vary quite a bit depending on departments and individual teams. In my department the work-life balance is very good, in fact it's better than at other companies I've worked at before. The culture of never settling and always striving to be better aligns closely with my personal values, therefore it's a plus for me. However, if your biggest ambition in life is to be home in front of the TV by 6 pm every day, it might admittedly not be for you. I think people need to be aware what working for a start-up is really like before joining with false expectations.

Cons

Communication from (senior) management can be less than ideal, some decisions (mostly around internal processes) don't seem to be well thought through.

Continue reading

"Challenging and exciting work with a commitment to change"

Current Employee - Department Head in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time

Pros

You learn more in a few months at Revolut than a year anywhere else, the work is exciting, challenging and fast paced and it therefore requires a certain type of individual to thrive there. Colleagues in the main are friendly, intelligent, passionate and committed to the work they are doing, yes you may come across people who are less collaborative and arrogant but you get that at every company. Leadership is committed to change, the company is new, we are growing and learning every day and there are always going to be growing pains. There is, despite what you may read, a real commitment and desire to change and grow - this will take time but people are trying and have acknowledged that this needs to happen. You get a huge amount of autonomy to do your work, there is mention of micromanagement but I have genuinely not experienced that in my 9 months, did i have to prove my strengths and capabilities before additional work was given to me? yes. Was that slightly frustrating at the time, yes. But I persevered, knew my worth and now I have the full trust to deliver and drive initiatives based on my expertise.

Cons

There are some negative behaviours at senior level demonstrated within the organisation that need to be stamped out, this is happening but needs to happen more quickly. The CEO has a group of Founders Associates that micromanage areas that are not within their expertise and can often frustrate and undermine senior individuals within the company. KPIs can sometimes overtake meaningful measures and work, I understand the need to be output focussed but sometimes this just over complicates simple goals. Staff tend to focus on the negatives of the company, rather than understanding bigger picture implications and focusing on the positive work underway to improve working lives.

July 1, 2020

Thanks so much for your constructive feedback, we really appreciate it. We definitely recognise that we still have some growing to do in terms of communication, and we're really excited to have implemented our new leadership communications principles so that we all know what is expected of us. We're really glad to hear that you're learning and being challenged, and we thank you for your hard work and dedication!

"Great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fast pace company, no 2 days are the same - Motivational colleagues who believe in me - Hardworking people who are keen to make sure everyone produces the best work possible - Great scope for progression with the support of senior colleagues - The work I create is impactful and I am recognised for the great work I do - Have enjoy the few months I've worked here more than I've ever enjoyed any other place i've worked - absolutely love working for Revolut

Cons

- Must be willing to work longer hours if needed to "Get IT Done"!!

"It's a rocket ship"

Current Employee - N/A in Singapore

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very sharp minds and brilliant people to work alongside with. Rigorous employment process is there for a reason. Truly A-players

Cons

Too much reporting; trust people to deliver their work

"Fast-paced company setting new standards in the business"

Current Employee - Operations in Kraków

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very dynamic environment, changes happening everyday - you feel to be a part of the product with a real chance to impact it.

Cons

No cons spotted at this stage (there are many challenges the company is facing, but work assignment to tackle them is very efficient) - get it done!

July 1, 2020

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review, we're so pleased that you're enjoying the dynamic environment at Revolut. Keep up the great work!

"Happy employee and customer"

I have been working at Revolut full-time

Pros

- smart and hard working employees - there is a great sense of teamwork - open to feedback allowing for improvement

Cons

none, enjoying and appreciating working at Revolut

July 1, 2020

Hi there, thank you so much for letting us know about your positive experience, we're really pleased to see that you're benefiting from working with your teams and the open feedback culture that we have!

"Most fulfilling job ever"

Current Employee - Product Owner in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

- No day is the same and everyday you learn something new - Everyone is motivated to create the best product possible for the customer - There is no limit on what is possible for the product you are working on - If you have an idea and can back it up with numbers you will be able to form your idea into an actual product feature - The people you work with are from very diverse backgrounds which makes the workplace very interesting and alive (e.g. you do not only interact with ex-bankers)

Cons

- You will have moments where the job gets busy and you need to make longer hours. This is the sacrifice you make when getting onboard of this groundbreaking company. (On the other hand you do get plenty of time in PTO in return to unwind)

July 1, 2020

Hi there, We really appreciate your positive review - thank you! We're so glad that you're clearly passionate about the Revolut mission, and are very grateful for the extra effort that you put in. Thanks so much again and keep up the great work!

Found 283 reviews