Servcorp Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 2 December 2018

3.9
Alf Moufarrige

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great people and excellent working environment" (in 12 reviews)

• "Servcorp is a very fast paced environment and you must be an all rounder to succeed" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Strict dress code (I was always checked on my appearance" (in 13 reviews)

• "The company could use an HR department to make their staff feel more supported" (in 10 reviews)

1. "Great career opportunities and experiences"

I have been working at Servcorp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Servcorp offer great career opportunities and growth potential. Regardless of the role or department, Servcorp are always pushing to grow their staff and give them great experiences.
    - You get to liaise with different cultures, languages and timezones regularly which always makes the day very dynamic.
    - The people make the place and I have made many great life long friends through Servcorp.
    - They have amazing locations with great views and facilities.
    - Travel opportunities are plentiful!

Cons

- The dynamic nature of the day is not for everyone, however it can lead to some of the greatest experiences.

Advice to Management

The passion in keeping an Australian company competing on the global stage is to be commended!

2. "Challenging but rewarding"

I have been working at Servcorp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- career progression
    - travel opportunities
    - extensive training programs
    - sense of community
    - good fellow staff support systems

Cons

- compensating for high team and management turnover makes it hard to perform, something that isn’t taken into consideration by CEO.

3. "Great staff & beautiful location"

Former Employee - Corporate Receptionist in Perth, Western Australia
    Former Employee - Corporate Receptionist in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at Servcorp part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great support from management & Perth team
    -Fast paced working environment
    -Huge potential for growth within the company
    - Friendly and helpful staff
    - Amazing Perth office

Cons

Nothing, great company all round.

4. "Great career opportunities and growth."

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Sydney
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Sydney

I have been working at Servcorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great reward if you can demonstrate the effort.
    - Good career opportunities and growth
    - Working as a team to deliver results is satisfying.

Cons

- Improved communication with what is ahead.
    - Change management process. A little too ah-hoc

15 Nov 2018 – Manager

We appreciate your feedback on your experience working with Servcorp.

We are always glad to hear that our team members are seeing the benefits of our rewards system as the result of hard work... More

5. "IT Support Technician"

Current Employee - IT Support Technician in Sydney
    Current Employee - IT Support Technician in Sydney

I have been working at Servcorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good team and management.
    Beautiful workplace.
    Excellent work life balance, excellent products and strategy
    Good Knowledge sharing and working with smart people

Cons

No cons at this time.

15 Nov 2018 – Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on being a part of the Servcorp team.
    It is a pleasure to read that your experience has demonstrated sound management, work life balance and... More

6. "Career opportunities are plentiful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Servcorp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

• Sound company culture, diversity in co-workers, and focused on development and customer centric.

• Career opportunities are plentiful, especially for those wanting to be in sales, management or IT.

• In-house training and supporting training tools provided. In addition, a study contribution program is available for external training, so you can develop your academic and corporate skills.

Cons

• Flexible working arrangement to better meet individual and business needs.

Advice to Management

Every company needs bright, ambitious sparks who always want more AND those who are willing to settle down and get the job done - and both should be recognised and rewarded.

15 Nov 2018 – Manager

Firstly, we would like to thank you for ten years of your support and contribution to Servcorp.
    We are excited to read your dedication to Servcorp, your team, and importantly our clients. It is also... More

7. "Fast Paced environment with opportunity for growth"

I have been working at Servcorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- You get to work in a fast paced environment. No two days are ever the same nor will you ever get bored.
    - You are always learning something new. When you first start there is a huge training resource so you get everything you need to succeed. Even after you learn all the ins and outs of the jobs you will continue to learn and develop yourself through out your career. There is regular training sessions and Servcorp highly encourage developing your skill set. I came into Servcorp with a background in management and account management, however if I look at all the new skills I have developed you cant put a price on it.
    - You get the opportunity to work with a variety of different businesses and expand your network.
    - There is opportunity to travel across the Servcorp network.
    - You get to use all of your skills plus get the flexibility to implement any ideas you have. In previous companies I have worked for if I wanted to go out and purchase a gift for a client ect I would need to get approval. At Servcorp as long as you stay within your approved budgets you can use your judgement to manage the costs on the floor. This allows you to create a real impact on your floor/business.
    - You have influence across all sides of the business. In a management role you are the account manager, team leader, sales manager, accounts person, interior decorator, event coordinator and more. At the end of the day any success from your location is directly due to your management decisions.
    - You are mentored by some of the best. If you are starting your career within a reception or PA position I would highly recommend seeking guidance from your manager. This person is usually happy to mentor you so you can succeed. As a new manager Servcorp's head office provide so much support. It is not unusual to have regular meetings with someone executive level including the general manager for ANZ. This close interaction ensures you feel like you understand the direction of the company. Its also an opportunity to learn from an executive level leader. I don't think there are many publicly listed companies where as soon as you start in management you can make a phone call and get direct support from the general manager or CEO.

Cons

After reading a lot of the cons on here, I would like to start by saying this job is not for everyone. If you imagine 2 lawyers of which one of them wants to work for the best law firm in the city and become the best lawyer in town. That person is probably highly motivated and willing to work hard to get to the top. The other lawyer however may just be looking for something 9-5 where they can work from home and not have the pressure of any high profile cases. These people would have very different experiences from working in a high performance environment.

Working for Servcorp is not a walk in the park. If you are looking for a job where you can just clock in and out this is not the job for you . However if you are someone who likes to push them selves so they grow and develop their skills this is the job for you.

You can still have a great work and life balance. Its just a matter of developing your time management skills.

Advice to Management

Would love for Servcorp to invest into a HR/culture coordinator. Getting the right people is key, but also keeping those people happy so they stay longer.

15 Nov 2018 – Manager

Thank you for your valuable feedback on working as part of the Servcorp team.

We love to see great reviews regarding work diversity and training as this helps steer Servcorp in the right... More

"Working at Servcorp in a nutshell"

I worked at Servcorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the best standard of service and solutions available in the market. proud to be working under the brand.
    - plenty of room for growth
    - great colleagues to be working with
    - employees are provided/ updated with learning materials for training & revisions purposes

Cons

- constant change in upper management that resulted in inconsistency & implementation of certain business strategies that cannot be applied to the local market.
     - when you are given the opportunity to address the challenges face on the job, they will disregard whatever opinions you have which at the end of the day cause even far greater frustration
    - you can be one of the top sellers for few months straights and when it comes to a bad sales month (s), they will forget your previous achievements and treat you less than what you are

1 Nov 2018 – Manager

Thank you for being so open and sharing your feedback. We are committed to creating a fulfilling, comfortable and happy work environment for our team members, so we appreciate your feedback.

It is... More

9. "Awesome company culture and challenging workload"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Servcorp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Global company with lots of opportunity. Great people and excellent working environment . Forward thinking approach to project management. Interesting and varied projects.

Cons

Not really a con depending on your presence but the dress code is formal for everyone, even for the developers.

24 Sep 2018 – Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on working at Servcorp. Your feedback is very important to us and has been shared with management.

It is wonderful to hear your comments on... More

10. "Great company with even better people"

I have been working at Servcorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- A great company who support your training to grow throughout the business.
    - A very supportive head office who are only a video call away if you ever need anything.
    - A fantastic network of employees who I have made life long friendships with.
    - Many different career paths to suit different individuals
    - Achievable targets and great sales managers who are always there to encourage you.
    - The opportunity to run a location as if it was your own business.

Cons

- High churn rate of Team/ Managers in some locations
    - Needs better admin systems in place so there is more of a clear structure

Advice to Management

I would love to see a system introduced on floors to ensure all team and managers are on the same page with admin so that we are being proactive rather than reactive.
    This would help alot when one manager leaves, moves location or even goes on holidays, the next manager doesn't spend so much time trying to fix the systems in place or locate missing information.

15 Nov 2018 – Manager

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your employment with Servcorp.

It is always a pleasure to read that our team members feel supported by our Head Office team. Head Office exist for... More