Tenet Healthcare Reviews

Updated May 21, 2022

Found 1,142 of over 1,195 reviews

Tenet Healthcare Executive Chairman and CEO Ronald A. Rittenmeyer (no image)
Ronald A. Rittenmeyer
Pros
  • "Tenet provided opportunities for professional growth for roles with progressive responsibility and leadership(in 54 reviews)

• "Company have good benefits to work for(in 49 reviews)

• Cons
  • "New management at Tenet focused on cost cutting measures instead of progressing in the patient care technology fields(in 58 reviews)

• "Overworked; too little staff for amount of patients seen: patient care doesn’t seem like a priority to the company(in 25 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

May 20, 2022 - Data Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work Environment, management team, benefits. Jordon was a great manager to work for.

Cons

downtown corporate location was more convenient than new location for commuters.

Recruitment and HR Operations

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you’re happy in your role at Tenet Healthcare.

2. 4.0

Tenet Healthcare

May 21, 2022 - Supply Chain Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stable Corporation to work for.

Cons

no cons to speak of.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company but typical corporate cracks

May 20, 2022 - Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff, great benefits, decent accrual of PTO.

Cons

Benefits are costly with family, raises do not compare to inflation and new hire pay.

4. 4.0

Personal experience

May 19, 2022 - Phlebotomist in Schertz, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Medical benefits are mostly covered as long as a tenet facility/provider is used

Cons

No overtime, no bonuses up until this past christmas.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Eh

May 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people I worked with and the community I served were the only reasons I stayed. Amazing coworkers

Cons

Always short staffed, short of supplies, nothing to feed a diabetic patient after 7, garbage and linen pick up and delivery iffy, change of shift chaotic with patients coming and going, not even HUCs to answer the phone, or move a patient in the computer. I can’t imagine what Covid was like here.

Recruitment and HR Operations

It is important that our employees feel they are always heard. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. We have shared your feedback with our leadership team.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

It's quantity folks, not quality...

May 18, 2022 - LVN in Joshua Tree, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits keep you coming back like you're whipped; free healthcare, a matched 401K plan, great PTO and sick days, work flexibility for a nice work-life balance, good co-workers, and nice sized bonuses to pick up extra shifts.

Cons

Like any nursing home, very short staffed; un-bothered management, burnt out staff, no opportunities for growth in your job title, not great hourly wages, a pizza party in lieu of what's needed.

Recruitment and HR Operations

It is important that our employees feel they are always heard. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. We have shared your feedback with our leadership team, but we also encourage you to discuss this with your supervisor.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Working at Tenet

May 8, 2022 - Registered Nurse in Tucson, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and good pay. Plenty of opportunities and overtime.

Cons

Chronically understaffed, administration can be out of touch.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good

May 7, 2022 - Physician Assistant Student
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good experience at the clinic.

Cons

There were not many cons.

9. 3.0

Understaffed after pandemic

May 5, 2022 - Registered Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good 401 match for employees with longevity.

Cons

Staffing is tough right now. Newer floor nurses are not staying very long because they are feeling overwhelmed initially.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

Apr 29, 2022 - Staff Accountant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is competitive and colleagues are great

Cons

Shifting schedule Sometimes require extended hours

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,142 Reviews

Tenet Healthcare Reviews FAQs

Tenet Healthcare has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 1,195 reviews left anonymously by employees. 43% of employees would recommend working at Tenet Healthcare to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Tenet Healthcare employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Tenet Healthcare. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

43% of Tenet Healthcare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tenet Healthcare 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Tenet Healthcare Job Seekers