Tenet Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Tenet Healthcare Reviews

Updated 12 Sep 2019

Found 607 reviews

Tenet Healthcare CEO Ronald A. Rittenmeyer (no image)
Ronald A. Rittenmeyer
Pros
  • "Good benefits, opportunities for career advancement and continuing education(in 25 reviews)

• "Great place to work, great benefits , amazing staff(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Average place to work"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits were good at time of

Cons

Providers don’t listen to employees

Tenet Healthcare2019-09-12

September 13, 2019Recruitment & HR Operations

We appreciate your feedback! We do think of our employees as our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

2. "Tenet Healthcare"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Modesto, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good management to work with. Friendly staff

Cons

Poor structure for advancing. Very old fashion business tactics.

Tenet Healthcare2019-08-22

August 23, 2019Recruitment & HR Operations

Career growth is important to us, and we're always looking for opportunities to reward hard work and loyalty. We encourage all employees to discuss career growth opportunities with their managers to help increase personal and business success at Tenet.

3. "understaffed and overworked"

Former Employee - Paient Care Tech in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

coworkers were great, No favoritism

Cons

horrible ratios, unappreciated, always had to float

Advice to Management

Change your ratios and improve pay.

Tenet Healthcare2019-09-03
  4. "Overall, a good place to work"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

everyone was friendly, the teamwork was outstanding

Cons

everything was fine, no cons

Tenet Healthcare2019-08-17

August 18, 2019Recruitment & HR Operations

We appreciate this feedback. We're thrilled to hear you were happy in your role.

5. "Community built on care"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Modesto, CA

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great health benifits, 401K with employer match 6%.

Cons

No pension plan or benifits after retirement.

Advice to Management

Highly possible

Tenet Healthcare2019-08-14
  6. "Enjoyed my time withthis company."

Former Employee - Physician Liaison in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay was great, benefits and great Director.

Cons

Company has too many tiers of management

Tenet Healthcare2019-08-10

August 11, 2019Recruitment & HR Operations

We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you were happy in your role.

"Hostile and petty. Power driven management and HR."

Former Employee - Healthcare Professional in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Things have changed since Tenet Healthcare took over. They are simply a cut throat company which cares nothing about their employees or patient care. Management in this hospital is a joke. They will keep telling you flattering words but in the end your head will end up on the stick. Double standard is strong and present in this hospital. Those who care have to kill themselves to get the jobs done while the rest... would do the bare minimum or nothing at all. All they have to do is kissing up to their bosses. The culture in this hospital is to shut your mouth. People are rude and nosy and are a bunch of back stabbers and they will abuse you whenever they can. And if you stand up to those abusers, you will be told that you were reacting badly and HR will be reviewing you. Bottom line, you need to shut your mouth and let those abusers enjoy abusing you or they will turn around and play victims and HR will listen to them but not you. Unethical practices from employees will be swept under the rug, and this is across the whole system not just at downtown facility. Ironically, those follow the rules usually won't get the same tolerance level and instead will be pushed to work harder to cover for those don't do their parts. So being unethical actually is more rewarding. They treat their employees as if they own us outright. These HR people all act like they are royalty and noble. Not a surprised since these people are not originally from Baptist but got sent here by Tenet. Totally different mind set and attitude. Since Tenet took over, almost all our best employees had left, either for better paid jobs somewhere or simply because they hated how they were treated. We all easily got a new job somewhere else quickly, got paid better, treated better and some of us advanced up the ladder faster. And they no longer offer sick days. You will have to use your vacation time if bad luck strikes and you are too sick to work. For off shift employees, they would be the ones who got the worst. Their work load is double, triple vs day shift. They would be told to come in on their days off and would be scolded if they have a reaction. And they have to stay late in the morning to attend those stupid forum meetings where employees are asked for their donations to united way. I'm all for helping the community but just because the bosses now decide that they will no longer want to get in at 6 to conduct 1 session for off shift employees, now the whole crew will suffer. Speaking about leadership. We want to go home after giving shift reports, not listening about charity. And no, the 6pm session doesn't help either because night shifters come in at 10pm. Baptist has become a nightmare and Tenet is running it to the ground. Their mentality is they don't need to retain you at all cost because they have that school which produces a bunch of new healthcare workers each year for them. They care nothing about their employees, even cut down on lunch menus. Cost for lunch goes up, options go down. We got like 10 cents for pay raise last year. It's pathetic. To evaluate our performances, they used a list of duties which was generalized by including all the responsibilities from all units. So if you are a nurse and the non nursing departments' performance dropped, you will be punished for it as well. So you kill yourself for a whole year trying to earn a good pay raise and in the end you are punished for someone else's mistakes. And everybody knows the whole hospital is short staffed but we kept hearing about the low productivity. It's easy to sit in your office all day and speculate instead of getting out there and see for yourself. If there are 7-8 patients per nurse, then it's delusional to talk about low productivity.

Advice to Management

Stop lying. We are not kids and we are tired of your lies and empty promises. Start treating employees with respects. And get rid of the double standards. You are not the only hospital in town, stop acting like you are noble.

Tenet Healthcare2019-09-13

September 14, 2019Recruitment & HR Operations

Thank you for leaving an honest review about our management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

"No compassion"

Current Employee - Marketing Department in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

pay. Benefits. Good ppl work here. Made good connections with people in my year here

Cons

director is not very nice. Talk to you poorly. Expect everyone to be the same. Don’t respect you as a person. Give you lots of extra work with not enough resources to get job done. Too many management changes. Don’t try to understand what employee is going thru. I have worked at other big companies where they care more about their employees and don’t make them feel badly. Communication is poor

Advice to Management

Be more accepting of other people. Think about other people and their feelings. and think about work you are asking ppl to do

Tenet Healthcare2019-08-14

August 15, 2019Recruitment & HR Operations

Thank you for reaching out and voicing your concerns.. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

9. "Stay Away"

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Care givers try their best.

Cons

Management of the company is horrific. Dallas senior management is clueless and arrogant. Employee morale is very low.

Advice to Management

Hire people with management skills.

Tenet Healthcare2019-09-06

September 7, 2019Recruitment & HR Operations

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Tenet's management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

10. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Anaheim, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learning opportunity in the work place.

Cons

pay raises are poor and could be better

Advice to Management

none

Tenet Healthcare2019-07-22