Uniqlo Reviews

Found 2,813 of over 3K reviews

3.4
Uniqlo Chairman, President and CEO Tadashi Yanai
Tadashi Yanai
Pros
  • "30% discount on store items as well(in 166 reviews)

• "employee discount; everyone are friendly at work(in 133 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours and may cause fatigue overtime(in 218 reviews)

• "Work life balance can be improve(in 152 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great employer

27 Apr 2021 - Partner
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great team -Well organised -Management are very motivating and enthusiastic -Good number of shifts

Cons

-High turnover -Little opportunity for progression

2. 2.0

Not a Good Working Environment

6 Jun 2021 - Supervisor in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cheap clothing, great for students in terms of scheduling

Cons

Expects too much from staff and when you talk up about it they freeze you out, very cliquey

3. 4.0

Good to work

21 May 2021 - Manager in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

30% staff discount for all staff

Cons

Can be stressful at times

4. 1.0
      Former Employee

Only advise your enemies to join

14 Jun 2021 - Assistant Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great friendships made, great staff discounts

Cons

The best staff never get the promotions

5. 2.0

Stressful & Toxic Environment

13 Jan 2021 - Full Time Sales Assistant in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

The friends I made and 30% employee discount.

Cons

It was an incredibly stressful environment for a retail job. Leaders and managers lack communication skills and empathy. There was always a huge expectation on the staff to do layouts, replen and customer service. It was really annoying when you would get a real Karen of a customer who would come in to complain about a problem you didn't cause. It was even worse when you would have to get the manager involved, and the managers would always take the customer's side so they wouldn't have to deal with the issue and you basically just look like an idiot. There wasn't any real support in the workplace, and everyone just talks about each other. The pay is pretty low and minimum so it's not even worth it for the money. Didn't like the managers and how they never took responsibility. No one took accountability, and there was always someone to blame. And that someone was always one of the floor staff, as we weren't allowed to argue back or you get put onto the worst tasks such as scrubbing the floors or cleaning the ventilators. There is favouritism for sure, but overall it doesn't work out anyway because everyone just complains about each other at the end of the day.

Continue reading
    6. 3.0
      Former Employee

Low pay for a multi-hyphenated role but okay if you like factory work.

26 Apr 2021 - Sales Assistant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Worked with some great people who were great workers and were keen to help you out and get the job done. I found working with them to boost morale and I generally felt that when I was on shift that I would be supported. Training was quite detailed and showed you what the company really valued. Although I loved the people that I met, it honestly was too much work for nothing.

Cons

There were a number of things that I didn't like about this job. Namely and most simply was the very minimum compensation for a whole lot of work with some of the work being beyond the description of a retail assistant (although they call the position a "Partner"). Some of the work felt like and crossed over into factory-like work, especially when you get rostered on replenishment and have to go carry boxes, (quite heavy boxes too that you otherwise would have to carry with someone else) open and sort those items, and put them on the sales floor for selling. If you consider that, and the hours that you work, it feels very undercompensated especially since you're carrying heavy boxes; and unless you have the typical strength of a man, as well as the height, being rostered on this shift meant that I was always on tippy toes and always asking someone else to help me carry the boxes. I did not know that I was signing onto a factory-like job. There was also no OH & S talk about the legal minimum requirements of what you're allowed to carry, nor was there any talk about carrying heavy boxes in twos. Although this was common sense, I found that this was important to have gone through. In terms of company values, and the daily meetings, I found these to be quite demoralising because while in theory it was meant to show you to work as a team, I found that I was back at school being lectured and treated as if I was inferior to the managers. It also felt like I was a robot as some of the goals that we had, for example, the amount of clothes to be folded from stock within a given time or how long it would take to do the replenishment run and then come back to unpack stock again, were completely unrealistic. Some of the old staff too, you could tell just did not love their jobs anymore and rightly so if the pay is so low but you're expected to fulfil two to four roles in the one position and not even be compensated for it. Some of those that have been promoted to managerial positions were also just looking to get into either store manager roles or in head office and were very open with those career goals. Those people usually talked to us like we were dumb.

Continue reading
    7. 2.0

Senior partner

2 Jun 2021 - Senior Partner in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good working environment and fast paced

Cons

Stores and work environment highly depend on the managers. Managers rotate stores every 6 months

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company Review

9 May 2021 - Advanced Business Consultant in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Teamwork, management, friends, public holiday rate

Cons

Busy, lots of work, stressful

9. 4.0

A job

3 May 2021 - Uniqlo Sales Associate in Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Learnt VM and folding skills - Made friends - Variety of jobs

Cons

- Top down management - Leaders showing favouritism

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

literally everything you don't want in a workplace you will experience here

20 May 2021 - Sales Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

absolutely nothing - still healing from trauma

Cons

- was let go without any warning whatsoever - toxic environment/gossip central - very clear favouritism - lacks leadership - no work/life balance - no opportunity to grow - labour intensive leading to exhaustion - welcome to Uniqlo greeting/echo was so embarrassing - focused way too much on cleaning/highly organised stock on the sales floor (A rank)

1 person found this review helpful