Visa Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Visa Inc. Reviews

Updated 18 Aug 2019

Found 2529 reviews

3.6
Visa Inc. CEO Alfred F. Kelly, Jr.
Alfred F. Kelly, Jr.
Pros
  • "It is a great place for work-life balance(in 350 reviews)

• "Company provides good benefits to its employees and the working environment is good(in 199 reviews)

1. "Fantastic Company"

I worked at Visa Inc.

Pros

Really great company to work for with fantastic benefits and great people to work with as well.

Cons

Nothing really negative , more positives than any other company i have come acrss.

Visa Inc.2017-06-05
  2. "Enjoyed my time where"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Global brand with a tight knit local team. As a marketer you have the opportunity to work with some great assets get creative licence to be brave and push the boundaries.

Cons

Work life balance was encouraged but came down to your individual leader. My leader wasn't great at it.

Advice to Management

Walk the talk and trust that your team will deliver, no matter where they're working from.

Visa Inc.2018-09-18

Visa Inc. Response

September 28, 2018The Visa Team

Glad you enjoyed being innovative and creative while at Visa! We agree that work/life balance is important and continue to foster a flexible work environment that supports time-off to enjoy a full life outside the office.

3. "Overview"

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time

Pros

Flat management structure, global brand, travel, diverse work, flexible work arrangements, high quality work culture, embraces diversity and is inclusive

Cons

High client demands relative to staffing levels leading to over work, can be bureaucratic and slow to act on things

Advice to Management

Change unwavering commitment to four party model, resist the urge to chase unprofitable business at the expense of better opportunities

Visa Inc.2016-11-30

Visa Inc. Response

December 14, 2016The Visa Team

Thanks for the positive review! We are glad to see that you appreciate the culture and our focus on diversity and inclusion. We want all employees to feel accepted – it’s what makes our work environment and our business so successful. Appreciate the feedback - in order to keep up ...

4. "Business Development"

Former Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic people, good strategy, good work environment lots of new technology, strong leadership

Cons

not really any I'd recomend

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing

Visa Inc.2016-08-26

"Sr. Director"

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time

Pros

As a creative monopoly, Visa continues to provide valuable payment services to merchants, banks and consumers. Strong financials. Strong growth rates. Strong emphasis in international growth. One of the most ethical companies in the world.

Cons

The speed to change is slow. Very slow. As the business continues to grow in size and scope, teams frequently have competing goals/priorities. Security and compliance is rightfully taken very seriously, however the abundance of red tape inhibits employee enablement and engagement.

Advice to Management

Yearly goal setting should originate from the top and cascade down to the various teams. Proprietary technology must be at least 10 times better than its closer substitute in some important dimension to lead to a real monopolistic advantage. For the past 50+ years Visa has leveraged the power of VisaNet. What's next?

Visa Inc.2015-06-27
  6. "Account executive"

I worked at Visa Inc.

Pros

Great opportunities. Good annual incentives, company focus on training and development

Cons

Processes can cumbersome and time consuming. Still not quite there with career development but the company is working hard on it. Management bonuses should be linked to employees performance to encourage staff development.

Visa Inc.2014-11-18

"project"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good benefits, salary + bonus + flexi benefits

Cons

long working hours, ppl are not working closely

Advice to Management

look into the root cause of the issue

Visa Inc.2014-08-22

"Fun, but it's a dead end street"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time

Pros

(Mostly) nice people Opportunity for travel Depending on role can be very interesting work Great brand Reasonably innovative

Cons

If you're a woman you'll automatically be relegated to mid to low level roles....unless you want to drink with the boys and tell them what they want to hear People who play politics and don't do much else with their days. And these people get progressed No work/life balance

Advice to Management

It's not 1923. People expect a diverse and flexible workplace. Manage to output not to hours at the desk. Cultivate your talent. The loudest self-promoter is not necessarily the most competent or capable person to lead a team. Stronger HR development framework is needed.

Visa Inc.2014-02-12

"Hopefully the culture has improved"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time

Pros

A global company, which for some roles leads to opportunities to travel and work abroad. As a tech company in the financial services industry they pay quite well compared to other industries. Also they sponsor many events so there are often other perks incl. tickets to events

Cons

Unfortunately the culture was very poor and this is why I left.

Advice to Management

You must value all feedback from employees regardless of their role or location

Visa Inc.2013-12-21

"Great Brand but archaic environment"

Current Employee - Business Leader in Melbourne

I have been working at Visa Inc.

Pros

Great brand Fantastic people to work with Rewarding and challenging work

Cons

No work life balance,working from home simply not allowed No career development or training Poor management and leadership skills Very under resourced No rewards or recognition program Poor HR department

Advice to Management

Managers need to concentrate on developing team potential,which creates talented and motivated people Clear development program and career progression Acknowledge staff have lives outside and give flexibility to work life balance Rotate managers out of roles every 2/3 years,otherwise you create stagnant selfish leaders Acknowledge the hard work employees do and recognise and reward accordingly

Visa Inc.2012-02-03