Web Marketing Experts Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Full-timePart-time

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A company with opportunities if you are prepared"

I have been working at Web Marketing Experts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for WME full-time for over 2.5 years. Here is my view of the company:

It is a fun but also competitive environment. Managers are very supportive and helpful, with an open door policy. Anyone can go to the GM or the MD and ask for assistance. On Fridays we do "Recognition Friday's", everyone has an opportunity to be recognized by other team member for his/her achievement of the week. Team building events are always fun, and the end of year party is also memorable.

The team at WME has become a second family to me, and the friends I have made are for life.

The most important lesson I have learned at WME, is that opportunities are only for the people who are prepared.

Cons

It is a very competitive and fast paced environment, thus it can be very stressful sometimes, and it is definitely not a place for people who are looking for an easy and relaxed job.

2. "Would not recommend"

I worked at Web Marketing Experts full-time

Pros

Interesting things to learn and good people

Cons

No trust in employees

3. "A Good Place To Work"

Former Employee - SEM Campaign Manager in Melbourne
    Former Employee - SEM Campaign Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Web Marketing Experts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am both a current and a former employee of Web Marketing Experts. I originally started working in this company in June 2012. I recently came back in January of this year, I can clearly see that WME has grown in this time to a well rounded and integrated digital marketing company. The culture was always great but the communication between departments wasn't always smooth. It's great to see this has been redesigned into a much more efficient model. Nick has always held his staff to a high standard but has never expected them to do anything he is not willing to do himself.
    I have found the company offers recognition and reward for hard work and has always demonstrated flexibility within reason.

Cons

I have only been working here for a few months and I have not as yet found any significant cons.

4. "Fond memories of WME"

Former Employee - Digital Strategist in Melbourne
    Former Employee - Digital Strategist in Melbourne

I worked at Web Marketing Experts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team, very friendly and fun. Nick (CEO) was a mentor to me while I was working there and I learned a lot from him that has helped me in subsequent roles. I was well paid in my role and felt my targets were all achievable. Overall I really enjoyed my time there and grew a lot in my skillset. I've kept in touch with various team members from WME since and have been into the office to meet a few of the new staff. Highly recommend it

Cons

I worked there at a time of rapid growth, and wasn't always able to devote as much time to existing clients as I would've liked. As I was leaving the company though, that issue was addressed through growing the Accounts team.

Advice to Management

Trust in your staff, keep up the high energy and be open to feedback.

5. "Great Company for Personal & Professional Growth"

Former Employee - Head of Strategy in Melbourne
    Former Employee - Head of Strategy in Melbourne

I worked at Web Marketing Experts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was thoroughly immersed in digital marketing years before I was employed at WME.

The Staff:
    WME helped me continue to grow my skill set in digital. The company has over 160 talented staff all on 1 level. So as you can imagine, it's a massive talent pool of extremely passionate Gen X and Y workers.

The Managers:
    Let's start with the Founder... Nick encourages his staff to continue to further develop their personal and business skill set as often as they can. He does not hold staff back from taking holidays (within reason) as he understands the importance of keeping workers motivated.
    NB is a big believer in helping his staff grow intellectually, spiritually and professionally.

The rest of the management team are extremely helpful, and will do whatever they can to help out in any situation.

Training:
    Usually held in the mornings before business hours (8.30am) and available to anyone who wants to attend. Each member at WME has their own unique skills, and different members hold training at different times to provide a holistic approach and share their knowledge with their team members.

The Perks:
    Yoga sessions are sometimes held as well as heavily discounted Fitness First memberships for WME employees. On the main floor your can find Golf Putting Mats, table tennis tables, and a very large common area where staff can "chill" in their spare time.
    Beers and Vodka come out on Friday afternoons and has been a customary tradition at WME - I'm surprised they can still manage to do this even with 160+ staff.

Cons

Kitchen can get messy at times.

6. "Would work at WME again"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Melbourne
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Web Marketing Experts (More than a year)

Pros

Left to go travelling, but I was sad to leave a fantastic team with approachable management. Great opportunities for career progression. I started at WME with little practical work experience, thankfully the role allowed me to refine my craft. I would work at WME again

Cons

The kitchen. By 3pm it would get very messy

"Absolute disgrace"

I worked at Web Marketing Experts full-time

Pros

Everyone besides upper/middle management at WME come together to commiserate about the awful situation they have found themselves in - it's an easy thing to bond over.

Cons

I felt compelled to leave a review after seeing that they have obviously recently posted some fake reviews ("the kitchen gets messy" nice one!!!). WME was the worst experience of my life, which the hours I spend in therapy trying to re-establish my self-worth will never fix. Absolute sham of an "SEO" company who are stealing money from all of their clients, and only rewarding staff members who are prepared to bend over and accept the rubbish spewed by middle management. None of this "you get what you put in" nonsense - pure and simple, if you are willing to become a soulless monster, this is the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Management are beyond advice. Any current employees reading this, get out while you still can.

"Stay away!"

I worked at Web Marketing Experts full-time

Pros

Its good for people starting in the industry.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from all departments. Overworked. Under-payed. Under-appreciated.

Advice to Management

"Take care of your employees and they'll take care of your business" - Richard Branson

"Worst place ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Pros

Convenient location, easy to make loads of commission if you're ok to unethically sell and love hearing all about '2-3 hours talk time per day'

Cons

Unrealistic expectations with no training. All about KPI's and company mentality is that it's your honour to work there. High school environment. Awful culture. Have never worked in a worse place before.

Nick Bell is so unethical, talks down to people who are underperforming, won't talk to you if you're not a 'yes person'. No structured training. It's considered poorly if you take lunch at all (contract says 1 hour) within your first few months.

Advice to Management

Get a proper team training, do some team building activities and care about your staffs opinion - Nick you're a smart man and you've done well but your attitude doesn't inspire action, it demotes it.

10. "General Manager in Sydney and Hong Kong"

Former Employee - General Manager in Sydney
    Former Employee - General Manager in Sydney

I worked at Web Marketing Experts full-time

Pros

Amazing culture and HUGE growth in skill-set after working here for 5.5 years
    Ideas were always welcomed and if it makes sense it is rolled out company wide within 24 hours
    All profits are re-invested in the business, processes, marketing and staff training
    If you work hard, you are rewarded with opportunities in the business and financially
    Working at WME had me travel to USA, Hong Kong, Macau and Indonesia
    Managing Director Nick Bell get's his hands dirty and works with us from the ground up (builds desks, laying carpet, set up PC's for new starters, attends client meetings and sales meetings)
    Within 2.5 years I was promoted and relocated from Sydney to Hong Kong
    Clients were the highest priority and staff treated as family
    Nick is incredibly generous and throws amazing staff parties and always celebrates wins in the team
    Upon leaving the company I was asked to visit Melbourne HQ and to my surprise a tailor was waiting for me and fitted me for a suit

Cons

Staff can get a little carried away Friday night drinks
    It was extremely hard to leave the company and the great relationships with staff/ friends
    Tough industry and very competitive which can be stress full to those that don't have resilience (People forget this when joining)

Advice to Management

Encourage international senior managers to catch up more and share ideas for global growth