Web Marketing Experts Reviews

Updated 25 Sep 2018

3.1
  1. "A company with opportunities if you are prepared"

I have been working at Web Marketing Experts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working for WME full-time for over 2.5 years. Here is my view of the company: It is a fun but also competitive environment. Managers are very supportive and helpful, with an open door policy. Anyone can go to the GM or the MD and ask for assistance. On Fridays we do "Recognition Friday's", everyone has an opportunity to be recognized by other team member for his/her achievement of the week. Team building events are always fun, and the end of year party is also memorable. The team at WME has become a second family to me, and the friends I have made are for life. The most important lesson I have learned at WME, is that opportunities are only for the people who are prepared.

Cons

It is a very competitive and fast paced environment, thus it can be very stressful sometimes, and it is definitely not a place for people who are looking for an easy and relaxed job.

2. "You get what you want from WME"

Current Employee - Tech in Melbourne

I have been working at Web Marketing Experts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees here have HUGE opportunities to take control of their role, move up the ladder quickly and create their own future. Some people are happy to come in at 9, leave at 5:30 and do the job - but for those who want more, there's more to be had. I'm very career-oriented and happy that I have a chance to make a BIG difference quickly. Work conditions are so much better than most places I've worked. Yes, it's busy but that's not a bad thing. We are busy because we're growing. We are busy because we don't want to remain stagnant and we're constantly trying to improve the service. Busy is a good thing. Management are not afraid to make bold moves. I appreciate that we will never lack strong leadership. With regard to the "little training" issue - we have bi-weekly training for all sales, account & campaign managers and performance media team. We also have weekly training for the SEO tech team and D&D team. We have a company training portal with pages & pages of information, helpful links, and a daily updated stream of information direct from the top inbound marketing sites. Little training? That's on you, not WME.

Cons

We're a startup - there are going to be growing pains in a startup. We have a VERY young workforce - possibly the youngest I've ever been associated with (this is both a pro AND a con, really. It can and does go both ways.)

September 14, 2015GM

Thank-you for shooting through your review. We’re glad you have found comfort, support and accomplishment during your time at WME. As a company, we now – more than ever – contribute a huge focus to the importance of offering our staff the chance to flourish in a supportive and friendly environment. For those who would like to get more out of their jobs, we believe we offer a wealth of opportunities – we’re here to help all of our staff members achieve what they’ve put their minds to. We hope we have been able to do the same for you, too.

3. "Great Company for Personal & Professional Growth"

Former Employee - Head of Strategy in Melbourne

I worked at Web Marketing Experts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was thoroughly immersed in digital marketing years before I was employed at WME. The Staff: WME helped me continue to grow my skill set in digital. The company has over 160 talented staff all on 1 level. So as you can imagine, it's a massive talent pool of extremely passionate Gen X and Y workers. The Managers: Let's start with the Founder... Nick encourages his staff to continue to further develop their personal and business skill set as often as they can. He does not hold staff back from taking holidays (within reason) as he understands the importance of keeping workers motivated. NB is a big believer in helping his staff grow intellectually, spiritually and professionally. The rest of the management team are extremely helpful, and will do whatever they can to help out in any situation. Training: Usually held in the mornings before business hours (8.30am) and available to anyone who wants to attend. Each member at WME has their own unique skills, and different members hold training at different times to provide a holistic approach and share their knowledge with their team members. The Perks: Yoga sessions are sometimes held as well as heavily discounted Fitness First memberships for WME employees. On the main floor your can find Golf Putting Mats, table tennis tables, and a very large common area where staff can "chill" in their spare time. Beers and Vodka come out on Friday afternoons and has been a customary tradition at WME - I'm surprised they can still manage to do this even with 160+ staff.

Cons

Kitchen can get messy at times.

4. "General Manager in Sydney and Hong Kong"

Former Employee - General Manager in Sydney

I worked at Web Marketing Experts full-time

Pros

Amazing culture and HUGE growth in skill-set after working here for 5.5 years Ideas were always welcomed and if it makes sense it is rolled out company wide within 24 hours All profits are re-invested in the business, processes, marketing and staff training If you work hard, you are rewarded with opportunities in the business and financially Working at WME had me travel to USA, Hong Kong, Macau and Indonesia Managing Director Nick Bell get's his hands dirty and works with us from the ground up (builds desks, laying carpet, set up PC's for new starters, attends client meetings and sales meetings) Within 2.5 years I was promoted and relocated from Sydney to Hong Kong Clients were the highest priority and staff treated as family Nick is incredibly generous and throws amazing staff parties and always celebrates wins in the team Upon leaving the company I was asked to visit Melbourne HQ and to my surprise a tailor was waiting for me and fitted me for a suit

Cons

Staff can get a little carried away Friday night drinks It was extremely hard to leave the company and the great relationships with staff/ friends Tough industry and very competitive which can be stress full to those that don't have resilience (People forget this when joining)

Continue reading

"Please stay away - you'll thank me later"

1.0

I have been working at Web Marketing Experts for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a good way to build a resume if you're brand new to digital and need some experience. Please don't stay more than 8-12 months thought. Move on to a place that values actual work (not snake oil).

Cons

Been working at WME for >3 years now (would prefer not to give exact timeframe as I'm still employed). When I started out I was pretty excited and gung ho about the position, but over time I've realized what a mistake it was. I'm currently attempting to get out the door without burning any bridges so that I can move on to an *actual* agency. The environment is utterly, utterly toxic. You are forced to sell products that nobody, and I mean *nobody* (not even Nick Bell) actually believes has any viable impact on a client's business. The tech team in-house is looked down upon and is essentially left to "get things done" while the sales team is forced to push products that are, at best, a rip-off, and at worse, actually harmful to a clients web products. I wanted to like WME, I really did. The idea of helping out clients have more effective sites, and to do it by making *real* suggestions and providing *actual* solutions is cool. I just wish these were things that WME valued. Instead, it's just churn, churn, churn - with no real care towards any particular client. As Nick Bell would say (and has said, on more than one occasion) - "There are plenty of clients out there - we can't worry about just this one."

Continue reading

"Save Your Career & Health - Don't Work at WME"

1.0
    Former Employee - SEO in Melbourne

I worked at Web Marketing Experts full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Sales commission if you have no morals and are just in it for the pay cheque

Cons

- Ruining people's lives by selling a poor service that ruins their business - Handling 100-150 SEO campaigns and angry customers, it's constant firefighting - The owner is an egotistical schizophrenic; think... American Pshycho. - The sheer pressure is bad for your health. Don't get me wrong, I love high pressure, but not to the point where the guilt I'm made to feel is out of my control because the product doesn't actually work, the customer's don't understand and nor can they hardly afford it. You spend all day on the phone being screamed at by small business owners. When you're not on the phone, you're trying to frantically improve matters for clients. Quote: 'The best time to sell is when the client is angry'. Meanwhile, the sales team are roping in more poor souls who've been promised the earth for just a few hundred dollars a month. - If you want a career in search or any digital marketing, no respected agency will touch you with a bargepole if you've worked at WME. Same applies to Arrow, ROI, Search X etc - they're all the same. - If you want to make money, go for it - you'll do well if you work hard... but one day you'll wake up realising you have no soul.

September 14, 2015GM

Thank-you for taking the time to send through your review. We take feedback seriously, and in the past year, we have been working hard to improve various aspects of our company. Our services are authentic and designed to deliver tangible, genuine results to our customers. We frequently review these services to make sure they are doing so, and have a more-than-capable tech and account management team to ensure everything is kept on track at all times. In addition, we offer our staff a number of health and support options, keeping these values at the utmost importance at all times – nothing means more to us than the wellbeing of our employees.

"Would not recommend"

2.0

I worked at Web Marketing Experts full-time

Pros

Interesting things to learn and good people

Cons

No trust in employees

8. "A Good Place To Work"

Former Employee - SEM Campaign Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Web Marketing Experts full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am both a current and a former employee of Web Marketing Experts. I originally started working in this company in June 2012. I recently came back in January of this year, I can clearly see that WME has grown in this time to a well rounded and integrated digital marketing company. The culture was always great but the communication between departments wasn't always smooth. It's great to see this has been redesigned into a much more efficient model. Nick has always held his staff to a high standard but has never expected them to do anything he is not willing to do himself. I have found the company offers recognition and reward for hard work and has always demonstrated flexibility within reason.

Cons

I have only been working here for a few months and I have not as yet found any significant cons.

9. "Fond memories of WME"

Former Employee - Digital Strategist in Melbourne

I worked at Web Marketing Experts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, very friendly and fun. Nick (CEO) was a mentor to me while I was working there and I learned a lot from him that has helped me in subsequent roles. I was well paid in my role and felt my targets were all achievable. Overall I really enjoyed my time there and grew a lot in my skillset. I've kept in touch with various team members from WME since and have been into the office to meet a few of the new staff. Highly recommend it

Cons

I worked there at a time of rapid growth, and wasn't always able to devote as much time to existing clients as I would've liked. As I was leaving the company though, that issue was addressed through growing the Accounts team.

Continue reading

"You get out what you put in!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I have been working at Web Marketing Experts full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are someone who loves a challenge and strives for success you will go far at WME. Work environment is fast paced and exciting! The company has grown over the years and created many opportunities for all staff (self included) Work hard and put in the effort to stand out and WME is the place to grow your career. With a large team there is always a buzz in the air. The office is large, well organised, open planned and a splash of colour to add character.

Cons

High traffic means the lifts are a bit slow for all in the building not just WME.

September 14, 2015GM

Thank-you for taking the time to send your feedback. We are more than excited to hear about your progression and adaptation to the company, and hope you continue to flourish with us. We are currently in the midst of moving to a new building, which will dramatically improve the lift situation that we are dealing with.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews