World Wide Technology Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

4.0
World Wide Technology CEO Jim Kavanaugh
Jim Kavanaugh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance is great; Im able to work from home when available" (in 63 reviews)

• "The characteristics of the employees embody their core values" (in 80 reviews)

Cons
  • "The few that do not follow our Core Values will eventually be seen and will be coached out" (in 33 reviews)

• "Growing pains are real (challenges everything from culture to work product)" (in 29 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Deserving of the accolades - truly a Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is an energy and an intensity at every level of the company that is contagious and I believe a direct reflection of the passion and dedication that the leadership team exhibits each and every day. I feel a tremendous amount of gratitude for the opportunity to be a part of this organization, and excited to do my part to contribute to WWT’s success.

Cons

Hard pressed to think of any...at this rate of growth opportunities abound but you must be prepared to do your best every day.

Advice to Management

The mission to create a profitable growth company that is also a great place to work requires continued focus, discipline and commitment across all levels for all three to be in balance. I believe we are achieving this, but never stop driving the message.

9 Dec 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you! Profitable, growing, and a great place to work. The three legged stool. Must have all three for long-term success. Simple yet very practical. Thanks for the feedback!

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent leadership, company culture, Midwestern values, work life balance, everyone is respected at all levels and treated fairly

Cons

Lack of diversity in background, age, and gender of employees

Advice to Management

Continue to recruit widely and at all age groups

10 Jan 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you. I think we're probably more diverse than you realize but it's something we can always improve upon and something that's top of mind as we continue to grow. Thanks again and good luck.... More

"Good place to work...not as Great"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people and managers that try to assist where they can. Most people at WWT are easy to work with, help and support each other. There is a big push for trust and teamwork within the environment, which is important, but this is on the decline.

Cons

Culture has been impacted by a multitude of factors; growth and the pace of change, distrust between some teams, lack of communication from leadership team on the "why" behind certain direction. There is a disconnect and lack of understanding specifically by PS leadership
    on these things, with inefficient systems and processes on top of it all.

Advice to Management

Evaluate key tools and systems to identify process improvements or ways to eliminate inefficiencies.

Ask teams doing the work for feedback before implementing change...this hasn't been done in while and a lot of feedback previously provided has gone no where.

21 Mar 2019 – Director of Human Resources

I agree that rapid growth and fast-paced change aren't easy. Thank you for this constructive feedback.

"Best job I have ever had"

Current Employee - Procurement Specialist in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Procurement Specialist in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health care is #1. It is extremely affordable even with the whole family. I have seen a lot of reviews of people saying that they see nepotism and favoritism, but I have not seen that at all in the year and a half I have been here. My team inside global order opps is great. We all work well together, talk to each other, and help each other whenever we can. I also saw a review that said there are no women in upper management and the ones that are, are only there to make the company look better. I do not see that at all, especially in an office that is predominantly female. Jeree Hanavec, who now runs global order opps, seems to be VERY suited for her position. I have nothing but confidence in her leadership and I am extremely excited to see the changes she is making, but change takes time. We can not expect for these things to happen over night. Most of the complaints I have seen have come from the warehouse which I can not attest to, but in the office at GHQ the environment is great. I can work where I want and as long as I am getting my work done and doing my job no one is standing over my shoulder micromanaging me. Not to mention the telecommute schedule which is amazing. It is so nice to be able to work from home 2-3 days a week and be able to spend some extra time with the family on my lunch hours. My manger, Dawn Partel, is amazing. She works constantly to make sure we are confident in our abilities and that we have the tools we need to be successful. I plan on being at WWT for many years to come.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is the lack of GHQ-warehouse communication. As a buyer I have to ask for warehouse requests regularly and sometimes it seem like they either don't care or don't have time to respond. The warehouse people work really hard and sometimes really long hours so I know its not always their fault.

Advice to Management

The receiving and noncon teams need to understand buyer roles better and vice versa. There is a large disconnect between what a buyer knows about our ordering system and what the warehouse knows. I think it would be beneficial for these teams to get together in a room and discuss and learn each others roles better to help bring the two teams closer together.

15 Mar 2019 – Director of Human Resources

Great constructive feedback. Thanks for acknowledging some of our outstanding women leaders too.

"My experiences so far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- There is a great culture throughout the company
    - Plenty of opportunities to succeed if wiling to put the time in
    - Competitive salary
    - It's an open environment where your own opinions can be shared
    - There's a feeling of job satisfaction when completing tasks here
    - Good benefits

Cons

- As it's still in it's early stages in the UK, sometimes there are learning curves in terms of processes
    - Growing pains

Advice to Management

Continue to put an emphasis on having a good culture while the company grows, as much as it might be a huge challenge. Also continue to involve the company in all updates to keep the feeling of being one team.

25 Mar 2019 – Director of Human Resources

Very good and relevant feedback. Jim recently did a video update on the status of the company. These may continue as a supplement to the formal corporate updates. Thanks again and great to hear... More

"Best Place to Work.. for real"

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Culture Culture Culture.. they truly care and support their employees. I could not imagine myself anywhere else

Cons

Nothing.. this is the Greatest Place to Work

25 Mar 2019 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you. Culture is so important and thanks for pointing it out.

"WWT is really a great place to work"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

WWT has great people who work hard but also are fun to be around. People are very genuine, and this starts with the executive leadership team. There are growth opportunities, and the projects we are involved in are very challenging and exciting to work on.

Cons

Because we are growing so fast and our business model is evolving to accommodate that growth, there are challenges getting the different groups to work together effectively on services engagements. But this is getting better every time we work on projects together.

15 Mar 2019 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for this constructive feedback.

"Grateful, Excellent Customer Service, Getting Top Heavy"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love what I do and am so grateful to have such a great job with excellent benefits. The vast majority of WWT employees are great to work with. Kind, respectful and simply happy. I believe we deliver the best product and services possible to our customers, well above any of our competition. The core values and culture put forth by President and CEO are inspiring and refreshing. WWT invests in the latest and most up to date tools, equipment and training to do your job, without question.

Cons

I am worried we are getting a bit top heavy in management. When I was first hired, the span of control for my manager was 20. Now, there are 5 managers for that one previous manager. Also, it seems that there is a lot of managers and overhead positions that do not tie directly to customer revenue or deliverables.

Advice to Management

Look at the span of control. Are the management and over-head positions adding any value?

25 Mar 2019 – Director of Human Resources

Interesting feedback. Thank you.

"Fantastic company"

Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is fantastic and the values are felt across all roles and positions. The executives are approachable and accessible. Lots of growth opportunities.

Cons

There are no cons worth noting.

Thank you!

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oude Meer (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oude Meer (Netherlands)

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really a great place to work with Values that really live with the employees. Managers are leaders and open to ideas of employees. Growing quickly and WWT is making all steps to introduce great benefits and a "safe place to work". Great tools to use as an employee and a very clear leadership with our IML tools.

Cons

All min points get addressed quickly. More attention could be paid to converting Agency Temps more quickly and within the agreed period.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Please keep focusing on the Culture while we are growing still.

25 Mar 2019 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for the constructive feedback. I'm not sure of the reason for delay in converting agency temps but I will share this. Typically this is determined by a combination of several factors... More