deVere Group Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.4
deVere Group CEO Nigel Green
Nigel Green
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours during training, much more flexible in field(in 47 reviews)

• "EXTREMELY intense training programme in Malta - in place to prepare you for hard work in the field(in 32 reviews)

"phenomenal potential for a great career"

Current Employee - Trainee Wealth Advisor in Sydney

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

I've been with deVere almost 2 years and the opportunities are exponential. Its challenging but very rewarding. You get the chance to work in some of the best places in the world. Half your accommodation is paid for which is a massive help when you are starting up. If you are hard working and self motivated you will be noticed and you will be rewarded for it.

Cons

It can take a while to build up a client base so in some locations the basic can be difficult to relocate on but for most its more than enough. People can be negative about this role because you're not spoon fed. You get out of this job what you put in so if you want everything handed to you, expect amazing money for little work then thats why this job is not for you.

Advice to Management

Be more consistent. Some locations have a much better set up than others. Some offices look after the grads extremely well while others haven't got a good structure in place.

deVere Group2016-01-11

deVere Group Response

January 25, 2016Manager

thank you for your review. deVere Group hopes you continue to enjoy your career for many years to come. Your feedback has been noted and will be passed along.

"work hard, be rewarded"

I worked at deVere Group full-time

Pros

excellent training, work atmosphere and bonus structure

Cons

High turn over off staff, but its not for everyone

deVere Group2015-10-12

deVere Group Response

November 18, 2015Manager

thank you for your review, we are glad you like the training deVere Group provides as well as the atmosphere at work and bonus structure.

3. "Great boss, great org"

Current Employee - Business Development in Tokyo

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic self development and rewards

Cons

Some days can be a bit slow.

deVere Group2019-07-16
  4. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to earn a lot of money as a consultant. Great product range to choose from to tailor solutions for clients. Strong compliance screening on advice given. Lot of experience in the company in both financial advice and business development, so good training available.

Cons

Limited opportunity to earn a lot of money as a business development manager/coordinator due to payment structure. Success is dependent on how hard you work, so work-life balance can be poor. No financial help for travel etc, but that's part of a commission based job.

Advice to Management

Change payment structure for business developers

deVere Group2019-07-15
  5. "Turbo Charged Career Progression"

Current Employee - Senior Wealth Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Freedom to develop your client base how you wish knowing that you have the most solutions available and with a company that's been around for 17 years + Open ended income and piece of mind that hitting a high number won't mean your bonus / income is re-negotiated when you get there!

Cons

Marketing tends to be small scale efforts driven by you and very little corporate activity Some low cost solutions that expats would like such as term life are not available and in China there's not much for the locals however there are some great new opportunities with in-roads in EU real estate offerings

Advice to Management

Embrace the fact that calling on phones during office hours yields low results in terms of hours spent

deVere Group2019-07-11
  6. "BDM Paris"

Current Employee - BDM in Paris

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was contacted through LinkedIn to attend the training academy course in Malta. The course was intense as expected however my time there was beneficial and an insight to how the deVere Group works and how I could grow and develop in the financial sector. The training was extremely useful which prepared me for starting work in my chosen office being Paris. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience in Malta from meeting new...

Cons

My experience in Malta had been great and can't fault the training. You need to be positive, open minded and eager to learn. Be prepared for the early morning's!

deVere Group2019-07-11
  7. "Awesome company to Work Hard and get paid!"

Current Employee - Manager in Colombo

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have visited the Dubai office twice from Sri Lanka, the office is amazing and you get to work with some amazing people as well. People who worked here say how good of a working environment it is and even the CEO is a great man, and it’s an opportunity to work under him. The CEO is very cool also and always has time for a catch-up.

Cons

All good for me, so no complaints here!

Advice to Management

None.

deVere Group2019-07-10
  8. "Awesome company"

Current Employee - BDM in Dubai

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Dubai office is amazing and you get to work with some amazing people. The CEO is cool also and always has time for a catch up.

Cons

All good for me, so no complaints here!

deVere Group2019-07-08
  9. "Tough 12 months program but absolutely worth the effort!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dubai

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome Training Academy - I went to Dubai which massively took me away from comfort zone, built the initial good habits I needed and learned an amazing amount of information in a short space of time Choice of location Retainer's whilst not huge help out in the early weeks/months. Solid £30k - £40k earning potential year 1 which considering the qualifications and training also undergoing is justified reward...

Cons

Not really a Con but the role requires 100% hard work and commitment. This is not for the feint hearted as sure most other reviews attest. Unless willing to commit 100% during and indeed outside of working hours this is the wrong industry and role. A typical day is 10-12 hours in length and I am truly exhausted at the end of it but the knowledge learned in the early days and the knowledge I have now certainly...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Sure some fail but ultimately how do you measure the key ingredients of drive and motivation. We're all driven and motivated when looking for a role. The so called "horror stories" presented by some reviews are nowhere near what reality looks like for the right candidate so tighten up on the interview and Academy training and the Group will continue to go from strength to strength

deVere Group2019-07-08
  10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Recruter

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

Motivated environment great company to work for

Cons

There is nothing bad I can say

deVere Group2019-07-02