deVere Group Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.5
deVere Group CEO Nigel Green
Nigel Green
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours during training, much more flexible in field(in 47 reviews)

• "EXTREMELY intense training programme in Malta - in place to prepare you for hard work in the field(in 32 reviews)

"phenomenal potential for a great career"

Current Employee - Trainee Wealth Advisor in Sydney

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

I've been with deVere almost 2 years and the opportunities are exponential. Its challenging but very rewarding. You get the chance to work in some of the best places in the world. Half your accommodation is paid for which is a massive help when you are starting up. If you are hard working and self motivated you will be noticed and you will be rewarded for it.

Cons

It can take a while to build up a client base so in some locations the basic can be difficult to relocate on but for most its more than enough. People can be negative about this role because you're not spoon fed. You get out of this job what you put in so if you want everything handed to you, expect amazing money for little work then thats why this job is not for you.

Advice to Management

Be more consistent. Some locations have a much better set up than others. Some offices look after the grads extremely well while others haven't got a good structure in place.

deVere Group2016-01-11

deVere Group Response

January 25, 2016Manager

thank you for your review. deVere Group hopes you continue to enjoy your career for many years to come. Your feedback has been noted and will be passed along.

"work hard, be rewarded"

I worked at deVere Group full-time

Pros

excellent training, work atmosphere and bonus structure

Cons

High turn over off staff, but its not for everyone

deVere Group2015-10-12

deVere Group Response

November 18, 2015Manager

thank you for your review, we are glad you like the training deVere Group provides as well as the atmosphere at work and bonus structure.

"BDM - Best place to evolve"

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

Let's get this straight, for those who enjoy a big challenge, can shake off rejection and think by being under pressure they will evolve as humans, this is the right place. The company has an EXCELLENT training program on sales + technical finance. You get unlimited commission from the start but don't expect to make a lot in the beginning. You need to snowball it. You get the necessary support for taking all... necessary exams and you're encouraged to move on to higher responsibilities pretty fast. International mobility is another great pro.

Cons

Regimented structure but that's a necessary one for the type of job.

deVere Group2019-09-04
  4. "Good"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New Delhi
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good retainer and great commisisons

Cons

Hard to find clients and there is a bad rep of devere

Advice to Management

Fix public relations

deVere Group2019-09-03

"amazing"

Former Employee - Personal Assistant to Area Manager in Bangkok

I worked at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with DeVere. Everyone in DeVere Bangkok was great! I love the ambiance, the people are so fun and friendly and Belle was very helpful! There are times that it gets crazy with cases but at the end of the day you're happy because you're able to finish all your task and go home without thinking what you have not done. My boss was the best, coolest boss! I wish him all the best in the world :)

Cons

There are just some people who think and act that they're busy but they're not LOL Complains a lot too. Work is work, the easiest thing a person can do is just to stay home away from responsibilities. Just saying. And people are always late! either they stay too long in the toilet putting make up or they're in the pantry having breakfast. don't you have to do that before you leave home that's why you're late? have... all the excuses but well, work is work! :) they're always late coming to work but they stay late in the office showing that they have so much stuffs to do. for me that's not being productive but well that's their work style.

deVere Group2019-08-14
  6. "For the Ambitious, Determined and Entrepreneurial Only!!!"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager/Trainee Wealth Advisor in Dubai

I worked at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Massive earning potential Fantastic training Career progression Financial qualifications

Cons

Incredibly hard work Long working hours

Advice to Management

Continue picking us up when needed as well as peeling us off the ceiling when needed...

deVere Group2019-08-17
  7. "Interesting place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Accra

I worked at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good experience for entry level into finance

Cons

Steep learning curve for the average person

Advice to Management

Great stuff

deVere Group2019-08-28

"Marbella"

Current Employee - Graduate Trainee Adviser in Marbella

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Manager is very hands on and proactive. Very helpful but doesnt suffer fools gladly. You can see why he has become successful and it is great to have people around you that have been through it and become a success. They focus you on success and getting qualified as quickly as possible. Good training.

Cons

Not much if you are the right kind of individual for the Programme. Determined, hardworking and want to be a winner. If you arent then this wouldnt be for you

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

deVere Group2019-08-09

"Rewarding, Tough, Not for everyone"

Current Employee - Trainee Wealth Manager in Milan

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Malta Academy - Help with relocation - Wealth Advisor I work alongside is firm but fair - Milan office is AMAZING! - Clear path to obtain qualifications and full Advisory status but only once good enough

Cons

- Academy is tough, 10 to 12 hour days even though to be expected - Work life balance can be questionable over the first year - Not really a negative but need some money for the first month on location for things like rent - this was explained during the recruitment process

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The opportunity is great, no other graduate opportunity I applied for offered the personal development on offer here. It truly is 50/50 straight down the line i.e if I want developing I need to put the work in but it makes the end results and daily results I am achieving all the better. Colin the Senior Area Manager offers a real insight to the industry.

"Training"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dubai

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Training. The Malta Academy was tough as there is so much put in to the few weeks you are there. The training was in-depth and direct and not until you start in an office do you understand the benefits of the structure. I genuinely loved every minute of the time spent in Malta. Recruitment process was detailed and they are informed of everything. The office environment can be challenging. Not all managers are... the same or treat their staff the same. A few left within the initial few weeks I started due to a touch of confusion. The opportunity to earn is truly astonishing if you are prepared to work hard. Hard work has never frightened me so I could say that why I am still here. I will become an adviser in December this year.

Cons

Not for anyone who thinks this industry is easy. You are advising on retirement, investments etc and you need to work hard at this. Slight confusion when arriving in the office and the packages change from time to time which can lead to people leaving.

Advice to Management

Continue with the Academies and the training we need. Stop changing the packages, even little changes can have a big effect. Malta, keep up the good work .

Found 451 reviews