Afterpay Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Afterpay

2.8

Integrations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Afterpay (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2020.

Interview

You will have phone screen which will be longer than normal, ~30 minutes. The first interview can go 2 ways either you have used the product and can talk about, or you can't. make sure you buy something using afterpay before this interview.

Sales Enablement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Afterpay (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

I was referred to AfterPay by a friend who had been contacted by their recruiter, so my first interview was a standard recruiter phone screen. What followed after was a string of 30 minute calls with various team members, scheduled by a combination of recruiters and the hiring manager, with no indication of the length of the process. The hiring manager asked me to return a 12 slide deck outlining my first 90 days on the job, which I completed and returned, with my limited knowledge of the role. The night before what I thought was my final interview, I got a canned email from the recruiter (mentioning a video exercise I never did) saying that my candidacy was no longer being considered with no mention of the interview planned for the following day. Totally unprofessional. After a series of hot mess interview scheduling, this was the final straw. Bullet dodged!

Interview Questions

• What was your most successful enablement initiative? Least successful?
      What sales methodology do you prefer?
      How would learn about what’s working / not in our sales process?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview SF Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Afterpay (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

The Sr Director had the recruiter set up an interview, which I found odd that the recruiter never spoke to me for a phone screen. Was a red flag.

I could tell in the first 5 minutes of the call that they were just mining for information from my past work experience and were not actually hiring anyone. I then noticed two weeks later that they posted two roles based on my past work structure - and took down the original role.

They need to close the SF office and remove the Sr Dir. as they are inexperienced and unethical. Shady company, they hav been reported to CA EOE.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Afterpay.

Interview

I was interviewed by an internal risk analyst and was told that I would hear about next steps the following week but never heard back. I followed up and was told to wait as they were still interviewing other candidates. Over a month has passed, and even after reaching out to them again, I still have not heard back. Overall, I'd say this was definitely the worst recruiting experience I've encountered. If it's any reflection of the company itself, I'd say to avoid applying here. They appear to be extremely disorganized, inconsiderate, and unprofessional. Perhaps they should consider actually hiring an in-house recruiter since having staff perform recruiting responsibilities is ineffective and unreliable. Disappointed at the turnout but grateful that I dodged this bullet.

Interview Questions

• - What are the qualities you seek in a manager?
      - General questions about what my current role entailed   Answer Question

Merchant Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Afterpay (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

30 minute phone screen with a recruiter —> 30 minute phone screen with the hiring manager —>2, 30 minute interviews with members of the team —> ghosted

The recruiter was helpful and informative about how to do well in the interview with the hiring manager and the two team members who I spoke with in the final interviews were incredibly kind and lovely to talk to. They wanted the interview process to move extremely quickly because other candidates were farther along in their interview process than I was so I was nice enough to move my schedule around multiple times even though that seemed like their problem and not mine. Ultimately they ghosted me which was fine because I got other offers, but it’s typically common courtesy to at least send a polite rejection email.

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Afterpay in June 2020.

Interview

Recruiter reached out, set a time for an interview, missed that time and then ghosted. A couple of follow ups were ignored. Especially annoying as they reached out to me, I didn't apply. These guys are super disorganized, avoid!

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

1 phone interview with recruiter and 1 phone interview with the hiring manager.

I didn't click well with the hiring manager so unfortunately it didn't work out, but the recruiter who handled the role was the best recruiter I have ever worked with. She was personal, energetic, responsive and appeared very genuine in trying to make this work for both myself and Afterpay, so I really appreciated that.

Interview Questions

• Very specific examples of past work applicable to role.   Answer Question

Risk Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Afterpay (Charlotte, NC (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

On the same day as my application, got an interview invitation. Received four emails just for that confirmation. 1st screening was done with Zoom (video interview) and majority of questions covered machine learning concepts and business of Afterpay Touch itself. Since my knowledge was so nascent about machine learning I knew I couldn't answer well. Was told to receive the result within 2 days but received rejection just within 5 mins after hang up.

Interview Questions

• Which machine learning algorithms will you use to determine potential customers are genuine or possibly fraudulent?   1 Answer

Software Engineer() Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Afterpay in December 2020.

Interview

Was screened by someone who smiles 24-7 but probably hates your guts because you said 1 thing wrong.

Interviewer seemed very uncomfortable and very easily upset easily

Asked me if I knew java and python yet it clearly states it in my resume.

Promised to notify me a week later with feedback, but hadn’t in 3 weeks.

Didn’t even make it past screening.

I guess hr guy didn’t like me personally.

Glad I found another opportunity with higher pay where I was appreciated for being myself and true to myself.

Interview Questions

• Do you know python or java   1 Answer
    • What do you know about after pay   1 Answer
    • Do you know anything outside of web development   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Afterpay.

Interview

first round was from the hr, and then multiple rounds of interviews from 30 min to 1 hour. very technical questions and behavioural questions too. The interviewers were very knowledgable.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.