Afterpay Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Afterpay Interview Questions

Interviews at Afterpay

2.8

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Afterpay.

Interview

I was interviewed by an internal risk analyst and was told that I would hear about next steps the following week but never heard back. I followed up and was told to wait as they were still interviewing other candidates. Over a month has passed, and even after reaching out to them again, I still have not heard back. Overall, I'd say this was definitely the worst recruiting experience I've encountered. If it's any reflection of the company itself, I'd say to avoid applying here. They appear to be extremely disorganized, inconsiderate, and unprofessional. Perhaps they should consider actually hiring an in-house recruiter since having staff perform recruiting responsibilities is ineffective and unreliable. Disappointed at the turnout but grateful that I dodged this bullet.

Interview Questions

• - What are the qualities you seek in a manager?
      - General questions about what my current role entailed   Answer Question

Merchant Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Afterpay (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

30 minute phone screen with a recruiter —> 30 minute phone screen with the hiring manager —>2, 30 minute interviews with members of the team —> ghosted

The recruiter was helpful and informative about how to do well in the interview with the hiring manager and the two team members who I spoke with in the final interviews were incredibly kind and lovely to talk to. They wanted the interview process to move extremely quickly because other candidates were farther along in their interview process than I was so I was nice enough to move my schedule around multiple times even though that seemed like their problem and not mine. Ultimately they ghosted me which was fine because I got other offers, but it’s typically common courtesy to at least send a polite rejection email.

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Afterpay in June 2020.

Interview

Recruiter reached out, set a time for an interview, missed that time and then ghosted. A couple of follow ups were ignored. Especially annoying as they reached out to me, I didn't apply. These guys are super disorganized, avoid!

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

1 phone interview with recruiter and 1 phone interview with the hiring manager.

I didn't click well with the hiring manager so unfortunately it didn't work out, but the recruiter who handled the role was the best recruiter I have ever worked with. She was personal, energetic, responsive and appeared very genuine in trying to make this work for both myself and Afterpay, so I really appreciated that.

Interview Questions

• Very specific examples of past work applicable to role.   Answer Question

Risk Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Afterpay (Charlotte, NC (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

On the same day as my application, got an interview invitation. Received four emails just for that confirmation. 1st screening was done with Zoom (video interview) and majority of questions covered machine learning concepts and business of Afterpay Touch itself. Since my knowledge was so nascent about machine learning I knew I couldn't answer well. Was told to receive the result within 2 days but received rejection just within 5 mins after hang up.

Interview Questions

• Which machine learning algorithms will you use to determine potential customers are genuine or possibly fraudulent?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Afterpay.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with a recruiter. I was told I'd hear back within the week regardless if I was moving on or not. I didn't hear back within the week, followed up next week and never got a response. I find it very disingenuous to be specifically told I'd hear back but still be ghosted. Would not suggest applying here if the interview reflects how the company operates.

Interview Questions

• Just the typical questions about career history and previous job responsibilities.   Answer Question

Partner Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Afterpay (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2020.

Interview

Met with the recruiter and hiring Manager. After my interview, I was told they would not be proceeding with my candidacy based on the feedback they received from my interview.

I said no problem but asked if the feedback can be shared so I can apply any learnings moving forward. I was told by the recruiter that feedback is not available at this time?? This is a horrible way to treat someone who has dedicated time to meet with your teams, my background aligned with the experience required for the role and now I'm being told that the feedback shared is the reason I didn't get the job but that feedback can't be provided back to me?

I know AfterPay in Canada is a fairly new company and the team sounded very young. This recruiting experience needs to be improved or else future employees will feel that this is an untrustworthy, disorganized company and this will ultimately affect your brand in the market.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AfterPay?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Afterpay (Melbourne) in July 2020.

Interview

It was a 2 stage Zoom interview process. The 1st round Zoom interview was with the hiring manager. We discussed my recruitment experience and how I manage myself etc.

The second round was with an interval client. In this round we discussed how I communicated and dealt with stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• What type of roles have I recruited. How complex were my recruitment processes. How do I source. How do I manage timelines   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Afterpay (Melbourne).

Interview

I submitted my CV online then HR called and assessed me. She then set me up for an interview with their Tech and QA leads. The interview was typically around testing knowledge and software lifecycle methodologies. We also spent time on a situational issue (they called it "role playing") to check my test strategy and approach on multiple applications (and third-party integrations).
    One of the interviewers was smirking a few times so I am not sure if she is having health issues during that time or just didn't like my answers and simply didn't want to continue with the interview. Most of the time, I will get a poker-face from interviewers so it's hard to tell if you're in or out. I can easily tell that I won't be moving forward with the facial expressions so it kind of de-motivated me throughout the interview.
    HR was kind enough to spend time and provide me feedback days after the interview which is good for me to improve myself in future interviews.

Interview Questions

• What kind of test scenarios would you consider in building a website with multiple payment providers?   Answer Question

Global Payroll Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Afterpay (Melbourne) in January 2020.

Interview

Unnecessarily lengthy process that kept me hanging and saw me miss out on opportunities with a large superannuation fund and a utilities company as I was still waiting on a response from Afterpay, as I had been to three interviews by then. A total of 4 interviews (phone screen, then a panel interview, then a 1:1 interview, then another panel interview). Required follow up twice in order to keep progressing. Was asked for references from my current employer, which was challenging to obtain without ruining my prospects in my current job, but I did get one. I sent the details then heard nothing, until I followed up and was then advised that they will not continue with my application. Process started on 24th Jan with first phone screen and went until 6 Mar, with no positive outcome.

Interview Questions

• There was a question about how long I had spent in previous roles - I felt that this should have been cleared up in the phone screen process   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.