Allstate Leadership Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Allstate Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

On campus recruiter, 30 minute phone interview with simple behavioral questions, then a two hour office visit where a spoke with a recruiter, someone in the LDP program, and a senior VP. It was a very laid-back atmosphere where they were just trying to gauge your interest level in the program, and in Allstate. They also (obviously) wanted to get a better picture of who you are, so be yourself, and take your time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Not a difficult process, but not quick either. I had a virtual interview first (you're not talking to an actual person), and then was contacted and asked when I would be available for a video interview (actual person). The recruiter praised me and told me how well I answered the questions and how great my experiences were, only to be contacted two weeks after they had told me they would get back to me saying that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were leading a group that you weren't successful/something went wrong. What did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule an interview with a recruiter about a week later. After a twenty minute interview with the recruiter, I scheduled an hour interview with human resources managers at my local allstate office. The entire process took about 8 weeks for me, but I think its because it is recruiting season.

Interview Questions

• Explain your resume.
      What's your greatest achievement?
      Give an example where you came up with something on the fly.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied in late October and receive communication from Allstate within one week. I had two interviews. My first interview was over the phone with someone from the recruiting team. The final interview was at Home Office. I met with the Leadership Development Program (LDP) team who provided more details about the program. After that, I met 3 current LDPs who answered my questions and shared their experiences with me. At the end of the day I met with Steve, Chief Financial Officer, for my interview. I was nervous, but we had a nice conversation about the company and personal interests.
    I was offered the position in February.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself?
      Tell me about a time where you demonstrated leadership skills?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Really casual behavioral interview on college campus (more conversational than firing off behavioral questions), and then a half day on the Allstate campus where we had a tour, networking session and interview with senior leader

Interview Questions

• All had to do with leadership, ex. when was a time you had to lead a team?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Waco, TX (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Allstate came and recruited at my school. The night of the career fair, they took many of us to a restaurant to get to know us further and so we could ask questions. I then did my initial interview the next day with two recruiters. Both of them were very nice. About two weeks later, a senior executive flew down to my school to conduct my final interview. Again, he was very nice and I really enjoyed meeting him. He gave me his business card and stayed in contact with me during the waiting process. After a few weeks, I received a call from the lead recruiter with an offer. I interviewed in October, was offered in November, accepted at the end of November, went on a formal office visit in April, and started in June.

Interview Questions

• Heavy emphasis on work experience and campus involvement. Nothing out of the ordinary. The first interview was just covering your resume while the second and final interview was more personal and about specifics of one or two work experiences.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Allstate in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through my college then I was notified I had been invited to an interview a week or so later. I interviewed with two people, both had been in the leadership development program. They had a packet with questions in it to ask during the interview and would write down your answers/notes. It was a pretty standard interview. They asked situational interview questions "Tell me a time when...?". It seemed like they were looking for not just what you did but what lasting impact it had.

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online through my college career website. Talked to recruiters at the career fair. Heard back about 2 weeks later that I have received a first round interview and that Allstate would be on campus to conduct those. First round: 2 recruiters interviewing in a small room and each had a packet of questions then would write down my answers. Follow STAR (situation, task, action, result) when answering these behavioral questions. Received a call the following week that I was moving on to the final home office round of interviews. Traveled to Northbrook end of October. Did a "speed-dating" information session with current LDPs about their roles and experiences. Had lunch with another LDP who then passed us along to another group of LDPs for a Home Office tour. Great experience to meet so many people in the program. End of the day concluded with one actual interview with Steve Shebik, CEO. Very conversational interview, not like the first interview. Heard back within 2 weeks that I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Heavily focused on leadership or extracurricular activities   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL (US)).

Interview

I was recruited for the LDP position through a career resources fair on-campus. After the initial first-round interview, I was invited to HQ in Northbrook for a day of final round interviews. The initial interview was pretty straight forward, mostly behavioral questions about my leadership experiences in college. The thing with Allstate is that they really base their hiring decisions for this program on personality and culture fit. I thought the first interview was harder than the final round. The final round day consisted of two interviews, a group Q&A session with current LDP's, a tour of the facility and lunch with current LDP's. It was a pretty laid-back experience. They said I would hear back from them by the following Wednesday (it was a Friday), but I never heard back. I emailed the recruiter several times before she finally let me know that they had chosen someone else for the position (2 weeks later).

Interview Questions

• If we were to put you in a rotation that you had no background or experience in, how would handle that placement?   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I got an email the day after submitting my application online with an invitation for a phone interview. The phone interview took place about a week later. It consisted mostly of me talking about my leadership and work experiences during college. The interviewer praised my leadership abilities and experiences, only for me to receive an email the day after saying I was no longer being considered for the program.

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly about leadership experiences during college   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.