Atlassian Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Atlassian Interview Questions

Interviews at Atlassian

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Overall the logistics were very odd. The recruiter was located in Australia and had no availability before 9:30 PM Pacific Time for two weeks for a phone screen. Scheduling was done through Lever, then through email, and at one point a second recruiter in SF stepped in to confirm timing.

The recruiter was not familiar with the role or work involved and came across as generally uninterested during our initial call. Questions were being read from a list and my answers recorded. Was told I would have to take a drug test which is odd for a tech company in SF.

I was moved on to a phone interview with the hiring manager which lasted a whole 15 minutes. She did not ask about my background or work experience and seemed to expect me to interview her. At one point, I described why I enjoy the work and was then immediately asked what I like about the work.

Interview was on a Friday afternoon and I had a rejection email by Sunday (Monday morning in Australia). Felt like I went through the process just to boost their interview numbers.

Interview Questions

• What excites you about contract management?   3 Answers

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian (Mountain View, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Coding challenge (must complete at least 2 problems out of 5), technical phone screen, final on-site interviews (1 manager behavioral/conceptual interview, 1 whiteboard tech design interview, 1 coding whiteboard interview)

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlassian (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

After 3 weeks of phone interviews and online quizzes, I went on site. Over 3 hours for that interview. One interviewer forgot my name halfway through. One interview was too difficult for the job position. Overall, good experience.

Interview Questions

• Implement basic data structure.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian.

Interview

Applied online, about within 2 weeks received online exam link. Online exam was very long and problems was pretty tough. A week later received email that I passed online exam and scheduled technical phone interview

Interview Questions

• Interviewer almost didn't asked me anything technical, a few background questions and informed me that they need more senior level position. Actually their job announcement was not required senior level, but he said so and ended interview.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian (Remote, OR (US)).

Interview

Process is as described by other reviews: offline test, informal HR chat, pair programming exercise, technical/team interview and finally cultural interview which is an informal chat about your experience and how you relate to coworkers.
    I'd like to add that they're very flexible so if you don't qualify for a position they offer you to interview for other that may suit you better. So I started process for Senior developer, then switched to plain developer, then failed the interview with a team but they offered to interview with a different team and finally I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation in which you needed to involve people from other departments   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, I think they have standard salaries for newcomers

Lead User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Atlassian.

Interview

I was in a phone screen with a recruiter, then another phone screen with a manager. The recruiter warned me about the manager that I need to speak "to the point".

The manager was in a hurry, talked fast and a bit rude, cut into my sentences and was generally unpleasant. In addition, the role page changed twice from the time I saw it and applied to the time I was in the interview. I did not feel I was interviewing for the role that was specified.

By the time the interview finished, I felt belittled, and I knew I'm not going to be there.

Interview Questions

• "What exactly did you do over there"   1 Answer

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Atlassian (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via my LinkedIn profile by an Atlassian recruiter. I had a typical informational phone screen with the recruiter followed by a more thorough phone screen with the hiring manager. The focus in both was on my background and on my skills as a manager, no coding.

The next step was a trip to Austin to interview with the team there. The interview loop had two interviewers scheduled per interview but, in practice, three of the interviews were singletons, as three of the interviewers were no-shows. Not a big deal.

The interviews were, again, focused very heavily on my background and on my skills as a manager. They did delve into my technical background but there were no coding questions. The interviewers were polite and respectful, had done their homework, and asked very good questions.

I was informed of the outcome two days later. Alas, it was a "no hire," with the official explanation that they liked another candidate better. I have no complaint, though. The whole process went very smoothly, contact was good throughout, with the recruiter keeping in touch with me on a regular basis, with each interviewer leaving time for me to ask questions, and with the questions they asked appropriate and reasonable.

Interview Questions

• Typical manager interview questions about how I would manage my team.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The first time I went in for an interview, I got told that *all* of my interviewers had called in sick, and they couldn't get in touch with anyone else who would interview me. They told me to come in the next day, same time. The next day, my interview started 30 minutes late. Very unprofessional.

The interview itself was in Java. I haven't used Java before. I asked if they use Java. They didn't but said the interview HAD to be in Java.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Atlassian (Mountain View, CA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via linked-in by one of Atlassian recruiters suggesting to discuss an open engineering position, which I agreed to out of curiosity. After two technical phone screens (one of which was rather challenging) I got an invitation to an on-site in Mountain View. The on-site part went relatively well: some questions implied experience with systems architecture and distributed computing, some were solely focused on algorithms and data structures, but overall there wasn't anything beyond standard CS concepts and well-known algorithms.
    After the on-site, the whole process took less than two weeks and soon I found myself working in a thriving engineering community.

Interview Questions

• A binary tree traversal problem.   1 Answer
    • Design a job scheduling service.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlassian (Mountain View, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I got a quick phone call from a recruiter. They signed me up for a coding challenge which was fairly simple. After I passed the coding challenge we set up another technical phone interview with 2 members of the potential team.

After passing that, there was onsite interview. The interview was pretty disorganized in general. They definitely thought I was a different candidate. The process itself was kind of a mess. The people were lovely to talk to. It was definitely one of the tougher on-site interviews I've done.

Interview Questions

• Coding Challenge: How to convert numbers from one base to another   2 Answers
    • Phone Technical: A question about fruit baskets. Essentially, calculating frequencies of powersets of many sets.   2 Answers
    • Technical Onsite #1: Find the area of the shade a skyline casts (Think of it as a 2d plot)   2 Answers
    • Technical Onsite #2: Lots of theoretical CS and math-y questions. It was hard to understand the goal of this interview at times.   2 Answers
    • System Design: Designing a micro-service within the Atlassian architecture. Nothing too difficult. Microservice should be able to calculate time based metrics.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.