Atlassian Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Atlassian

1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian (Sydney).

Interview

The interview consisted of three steps.

- First was an online assessment consisting of multiple coding challenges.
    - Second was a phone interview regarding mostly behavioural questions
    - Third is an on-site interview of 3 stages.

The three stages include a whiteboard interview, a coding challenge, and a behavioural interview.

Interview Questions

• For the whiteboard interview, they asked me to structurally go through any project I completed prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlassian in December 2020.

Interview

There were 3 steps: first a short phone interview, then a 1 hour coding interview, then a 2.5 hour final round. The 1 hour coding interview was pretty chill with 1 engineer and a easy - medium question about sorting files by frequency.
    The final round was 3 parts. A nontechnical personality interview about company values, a system design portion with no actual coding, and a mildly technical (no coding) interview.
    Overall the experience was really great, the interviews never felt awkward, and the response times from recruiters was really fast.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of file groups and corresponding size, print out the top n file groups by largest size   Answer Question

Softwaere Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlassian.

Interview

Very bad experience. Arrogant interviewers - total waste of time. Looks like the team lead already had somebody (referrals/internals) in mind and was going through the motion to please recruiting/HR team.

Interview Questions

• average difficulty questions, no question specific to my experience   Answer Question

Senior Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Interview

Phone interview to talk about experiences and agile approach and practices. then in person Meeting with one lead to discuss skills and experience and the company culture and their current challenges . Then met with new head of the department . This was a very simple interview process and relaxed approach , with no pressure until the Head of the department stepped in. It became stressful and obvious they were under strict deadlines that were already not being met.

Interview Questions

• Will you have the team transformed and successfully practicing Scrum in 3 weeks?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlassian in November 2020.

Interview

Applied, was sent Hackerrank, 3 questions in 90 mins. Seemed like one LC easy, on med, and one hard. I missed 4 test cases on the last one due to time complexity, got rejection the next day.

Interview Questions

• Given a number line from 0 to n and
      a string denoting a sequence of moves,
      determine the number of subsequences
      of those moves that lead from a
      given point x to end at another point
      y. Moves will be given as a sequence
      of l and r instructions. An instruction
      l = left movement, so from
      position j the new position is j - 1,
      and an instruction r = right movement,
      so from position j the new position
      would be j + 1.   1 Answer

Principal Software Developer Interview

Interview

Live coding exercise online with interviewer on whiteboard. It was not what I expected going in. Thought it would be more baseline testing and not this specific on the first interview

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlassian in November 2020.

Interview

First, there was a coding challenge with two questions, one of which was Dynamic Programming. After the coding challenge, there was a technical interview which was conducted on Hackerrank. After this, there was a 10 minute verbal question/answer session with the two interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that implements a vote counting algorithm.   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlassian (Mountain View, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

The recruiter was good and he scheduled an interview with a Sr. Java Developer. The question asked was easy and I did implement the solution.

For some reason the person taking the interview did not seam invested in the interview. It felt very rude when he seemingly was trying end the interview early. I implemented the solution and the code ran successfully but still he said its fine if I was unable to complete the implementation. I was perplexed.

I felt he was trying to judge me based on my color. Otherwise, the question was LC easy and there was very straightforward.

Sr Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlassian in October 2020.

Interview

Straight forward process. A recruiter call, followed by Manager phone screen and a technical coding interview. Did not hear back after the last round. Interview was plesant but no word from recruiting team post interview.

Interview Questions

• Manager Screen.
      1) Explain a process that you identified and changed. An explanation of the recent project.
      2) Difference between Availability and Reliablity. Explain with formula on how they could be calculated

Technical coding :
      1) Basic DS algo questions
      2)Explain any one sorting algo
      3) from a given string words are seperated by blank spaces, write a programme to print Y if a word is repeated, else print N (when the word is encountered for first time, N should be printed even if it repeats later)
      4) How will you send a large volume of data in response -> Hashing   Answer Question

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Atlassian (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Very easy and straight to the point. The interview process is very smooth and the people who interviewed me are very approachable. It was a good experience indeed. One for the books.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlassian in September 2020.

Interview

Scheduled an initial phone screen with recruiter, which was rescheduled multiple times on their end. Once I finally had a conversation with them, the recruiter informed me that the role had been filled, which was misleading and confusing.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.