Atlassian Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

4.3
Atlassian Co-Founders Scott Farquhar & Mike Cannon-Brookes
Scott Farquhar & Mike Cannon-Brookes
Pros
Cons
  • "Everything is dictated by management from Sydney or Mountain View(in 22 reviews)

• "There are certainly growing pains because we're growing so fast(in 19 reviews)

1. "SWE"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at Atlassian full-time for more than a year

Pros

work life balance and good leadership

Cons

No cons found in the time I've worked

Atlassian2020-01-06
  2. "Good place to work, growing company"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Sydney

I worked at Atlassian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people Company values Perks-perks-perks Work-life balance Cool offices

Cons

Loses its way Too many changes

Atlassian2020-01-05

"The art of hypocrisy"

Current Employee - Developer in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good looking, you can fool ill informed people else where that you work in for a good company that promote nice value. An interesting example of today culture of the industry at large, worth a test.

Cons

You'll pay for the bad foods, the lazy and incompetent culture and all the lies in working for this company. By the time you quit, you might no longer feel like yourself. You might not event want to stay in the industry anymore. Not just because the technical illiteracy you saw but the lowest standard of morality in such a place and how it is pictured on the news.

Advice to Management

Do some work and be honest. All lies eventually due. What you you think the parasites lives on ?

Atlassian2020-01-13

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of perks like free breakfast, lunch, drinks, t-shirts. Opportunity to work with very smart people which collaborate nicely most times. There is some budget for personal growth as well upon manager approval. Developers are empowered to innovate and deliver new features/ideas.

Cons

Very competitive environment and hard to grow.

Atlassian2019-12-12

"Good place to develop your career"

Former Employee - SRE in Sydney

I worked at Atlassian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good perks and a lot of opportunities to learn and contribute

Cons

Projects are not very exciting Middle management is quite a pain to work with because of politics. Middle managers do not have management skills

Atlassian2019-12-11
  6. "Good culture"

Former Employee - Front End Developer

I worked at Atlassian full-time

Pros

Really fun place to work

Cons

Expanding at a crazy pace

Atlassian2019-12-10

"Pessimistic turned optimistic"

Current Employee - Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Colleagues and management are friendly and supportive. * Great learning environment * No judgement

Cons

Sometimes there was feelings of imposter syndrome at times. I think the fact of not having a comp sci degree, and being surrounded by smart and passionate people mostly with degrees drives this negative thinking. It is only a matter of time before this will subside I assume.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Atlassian2019-11-11
  8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun and productive work environment Great people Interesting technology Work on products that are used by lots of people Paid time off for charitable work

Cons

The company’s still growing fast, which is a good thing, but it also means things change all the time.

Atlassian2019-11-17

"Bogged down in process and rigidity"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive Salaries Nice People Good Culture & Values (when they are applied) Ethical Company Good Products

Cons

I've heard from others that have been around longer that there has been a sharp change in culture from how it was in previous years. There seems to be a dedication to top-down decision making, very heavy and time-consuming processes that just waste time and effort, and a lot of unnecessary judgement thrown around when the activity of building software comes with many uncertainties and risks. Apparently it's not like this in some other parts of the company, but at least I feel I'm not able to do any good work.

Advice to Management

Take a long hard look at what you are doing and see if it's actually helping your employees or hindering them.

Atlassian2019-11-25

"Amazing scope to learn and make an impact"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than a year

Pros

-- No limit to learning. -- 20% time dedicated to your own favourite aspect of coding and innovation is insane! I one year I have had a chance to work across 2 different products apart from the one owned by my team. This has happened because of innovation weeks that we have every 5 weeks. Some really smart people to work with and a very healthy culture.

Cons

-- One has to be motivated to find things. Management will not always poke you. -- People at times over react by posting literally anything on the internal confluence, which is a knowledge management tool.

Advice to Management

I think as we grow it is very important to regulate the reaction of employees to everything. -- People should understand that shipping good quality and working code speaks louder then any blog. -- Communications that go inside the company are very open which is good but some people take it for granted and just burst out as if it were social media. There must be some kind of education for such individuals to understand behaviour in a professional setup. I love the company and I am extremely passionate about what I am doing. My only worry is that this open culture shouldn't become toxic.

Atlassian2019-10-31