Atlassian Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 359 reviews

4.2
Atlassian CEO Scott Farquhar & Mike Cannon-Brookes
Scott Farquhar & Mike Cannon-Brookes
Pros
  • "The work life balance is whatever you want it to be(in 35 reviews)

• "Generally high quality production, great place to learn from other smart people(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 10 reviews)

• "Also, company has a great work-life balance, for most employees - but expect the borders between work & life to blur(in 9 reviews)

1. "Excellent company to work!"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Atlassian is an extremely positive environment to work. A place with open communication and an amazing chance to exchange knowledge with different teams across the world. You can work with the product usability, reflecting on the client experience and also building scalable infrastructure in the backend.

Cons

Still a company with a lot of young professionals. Sometimes you lack more seniority in the teams.

"software engineer"

I worked at Atlassian full-time

Pros

very good technical environment and a good mentor

Cons

diversity needs to be improved

3. "They have stolen my heart"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- This is a place you love working at - This is a place that respects who you are - This is a place you want to be growing in

Cons

Sometimes it can feel 'too big', like any other big tech company. However, given the environment es less uptight and openminded you have at your disposal the tools to overcome this.

"One of THE best places to work"

Former Employee - People Team in Sydney

I worked at Atlassian full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I had four incredible years here and just finished up this week to move home to Europe... Atlassian will give you the opportunity to do the best work of your life and it really is true. Overall, a wonderful culture and 'Workplace Experience' team who look after and spoil you rotten. No company ever gets everything right but Atlassian really has heart. The Founders are incredibly passionate about what they do and you...

Cons

Be weary of too much change management in succession e.g. in performance review, comp. etc. We are definitely trending the right way and for the better but ensure you're well staffed in the People Team so folks don't burn out.

Advice to Management

Open an Engineering office in Europe so those of us can stay with you! ;) The best of luck to all of you. Working here felt like a second home and I'll always be cheering you on.

5. "Higly reccomended"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

There are many talented developers.

Cons

There could be more days with hot food.

6. "Amazing culture and a lot to learn"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong knowledge sharing practices . Willingness to refactor old code. Some of the best practices.

Cons

None yet . I really haven't found anything bad.

"Working here for one year so far. Summary: Good!"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Lots of smart people - Extreme level of autonomy - Strong values, that are apparent when making decisions - Generous perks and remuneration - Easygoing, blame-free culture; more interest in fixing & getting it done

Cons

- Sometimes smart people can decide that their clever solution is the best one, resulting in lots of clever, unique solutions (lack of unification) - High autonomy can sometimes result in employees lacking short-term direction, even if the long-term goal is clear - Sometimes the "get it done" culture can suppress a good opportunity to slow down, relax, and reflect - instead of moving from one thing to the next These...

Advice to Management

Nothing really. Overall it's bloody fantastic here. Going to enjoy being here for years to come.

8. "Company that cares fir their employees"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great work life balance - Food stations and free drinks - Team work - Great company culture - Flexible - Clear company direction - Awesome products

Cons

People get the freedom to explore so teams often do things slightly differently, which can cause confusion. But this depends on which department you are working it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

9. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Sydney

I worked at Atlassian full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Hard to fault. Great workplace and atmosphere. Values that were lived and breathed. Very genuine and transparent business.

Cons

A bit entrepreneurial and lacking some discipline for my working style. I felt I had to BE the culture and accept the loudest and most dominant ideas at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing it the way it is. But maybe take better care of some of your outlyers who aren't quite so dynamic but have a lot to give.

"Best software engineering company in Australia"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

* Atlassian has purposefully foster an incredible culture * Atlassian has a lot of really great events * There are always bootcamps running for you to learn about anything * The quarterly company wide hackathon is awesome * The free amenities and food are amazing * The work life balance is whatever you want it to be. Some people work 9-5 some people do more and some people do less. They also have a lot of events...

Cons

* Some of the repo's have legacy code pains * It's hard to diet with so much free food (even though they offer A LOT of healthy options)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and don't ever stop caring about the values because for once they are actually working in a company. Stay as open as possible even as the company grows. Promotion path could be more clear, more work needs to be done on it.

Found 359 reviews