Atlassian Reviews

4.6
Atlassian Co-Founders Scott Farquhar & Mike Cannon-Brookes
Scott Farquhar & Mike Cannon-Brookes
Pros
Cons
  • "Good positions tend to be available only in the US or Sydney(in 27 reviews)

• "Work life balance especially during WFH(in 24 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"I'm consistently impressed"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture at Atlassian is probably the biggest draw. There are people who often might not necessarily value culture as much, but the culture here is the very reason why it's a great place to work. I'm constantly being impressed by the consideration around policy, work style, trust, and caring shown by management toward their direct reports at Atlassian. I'm also very impressed by my peers. There's a good reason the stock ticker is TEAM. Because that's precisely how people act here. People are caring and will go out of their way to help each other. I've felt very valued while working here. Their onboarding process is the best I've experienced, with lots of dialogue to ensure success. The training is pretty solid too, with a plan for ready for me on day one about how my first 90 days would go. That's pretty rare, especially given how well thought out it was. Being in a high technical field can be chaotic and stressful at times, but there's a lot of attention on employee and team well being. You won't run into issues where you're simply told "this is the way we're doing it".

Cons

The type of work can be demanding, but that is expected. The fact that I can't think of anything else that is a con should say a lot.

2. "Good Keep It Up"

Current Employee - Atlassian Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian part-time

Pros

Food Good pay Lots of opportunity I like thier stock

Cons

Cull some of the interns

3. "I want to retire here"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Work perks such as food, drinks, generous allowances for equipment - Open company with no BS - everything is disclosed and there are no loaded management emails/decisions that do not eventuate - Great team, very easy to work with people in other teams and divisions - Smart people and awesome managers that bring out the best in people

Cons

Atlassian offers its staff miles more than any other company out there, although the vast majority of staff value what Atlassian provides, there are some that expect more. Said staff should really work for other companies (e.g. investment banks) to appreciate what Atlassian has to offer.

Continue reading

"It's Authentic - Not Lip Service"

Current Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Company Values are REAL - They are not lip service. What they talk about in the values is what they apply inside. * Good support for Support Engineers, you're not an after-thought but an important part of the organisation and continued success. * Onboarding is daunting but well managed - I joined through Virtual Onboarding and you'll get all the support you need. No need to go to an office! * Team - Team is everything. There are team events for the company, team events for the region, team events for your product group, team events for your local team. You're not going to be forgotten in one spot, there's so much team involvement. * You'll spend time talking real-time in Slack, rather than in emails. We don't use email as a primary form of communication. * Comms from Senior Management is actually useful, and relevant.

Cons

So many products & teams, it seems no-one does things the same way. Intra-team communication can be daunting because you just don't know where to start asking your questions. There's a lot of things to read and learn - you'll feel overwhelmed while you're starting and still won't know 1/2 the things you feel you need. You can burn out if you don't pace yourself at the start

"The Best"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Melbourne

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year

Pros

I absolutely love it here. You can read up on Atlassian's values online - and everyone collectively makes an effort to stick to those values on the inside. I get to work on an amazing product that I can relate to and impact so many users. The knowledge sharing atmosphere is on point, career growth is structured and there are a ton of cool events organised by the workplace experience team and a whole lot of other individuals. We are of course very agile, and the shared mindset of wanting to constantly iterate and improve is great. I'm fully remote - a couple of years ago I never thought I would be happy with a remote job. However, I don't mind it now and I think Atlassian does a really good job of catering to remote workers (WFH budget, online events, sending out small packages every now and then etc.)

Cons

Information overload at first. I am still getting used to a lot of things 3 months in

Continue reading
  6. "Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are the best, super smart, passionate and generally good humans.

Cons

It's big and sometimes difficult to navigate

7. "Amazing culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People know the values inside and out, it’s high growth, loads of potential if you have the ability to scale with them - amazing place to work

Cons

Lots of teams feel under resourced particularly teams that aren’t technical.

8. COVID-19

"Better than most with a few hiccups"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture with colleagues is fantastic, you're able to be yourself and a bit more casual while still working together and getting stuff done. The perks are really nice and management are quite reactive to what people need (e.g during covid we were given extra leave for covid or stress related time off). There's a hierarchy but its culturally accepted to challenge the ideas of those above you. It can still be uncomfortable sometimes but it really helps prevent too much herd-following to bad choices.

Cons

The HR department is really slow on dealing with major issues. Pay has consistently been an issue during covid, especially for recent hires as there was what amounted to a pay freeze, and HR dished out empty comms for about 6 months before anything was done. The switch to remote-first is also showing some friction post covid as the company isn't sharing much about where we can and can't live or what that'd entail for pay while working remotely beyond "at your own risk" It feels like you really need to change the way you work for promotion, rather than just excelling at your job and this is the main reason I see people leave

Continue reading
  9. "The best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Your work impacts a large number of people Working at this scale can be a great learning experience for some The culture allows a high level of autonomy due to a high level of trust in engineers The company contains a wealth of knowledge and a high-density of intelligent people

Cons

High autonomy can mean some teams step on each others feet and reinvent the wheel 7 times, it takes personal effort to coordinate with other teams. This is getting better (and I'm getting better at it) It is not the place for people who want to just follow instructions. This might be a concern for some folks.

Continue reading

"Great culture and people. Questionable HR decisions"

4.0
    Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people I've worked with and communicated with have been genuine and honest. Virtually no office politics which is refreshing from the last place I worked at.

Cons

Certain decisions made by the higher ups feel ham-fisted and far too broad for a company residing in a manifold of locations.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 846 Reviews