BHP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

BHP Interview Questions

Interviews at BHP

2.9

Chemical Engineer Interview

Interview

There was a three stage process. First an Online Exam. Then a Phone Interview. Finally an in person Interview. The online exam was a pretty basic IQ exam followed by a personality quiz. The phone interview was mostly behavioral while the in person interview was more technical.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when safety was important? i.e. you called tools down etc.   Answer Question

Drilling Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BHP.

Interview

It was a panel interview with drilling team. The interview was very casual and felt more like a conversation. The recruiters asked about previous experiences and how they can be applied to BHP.

Category Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BHP (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Quick and professional. In my case, it included 1 telephone interview and 2 contact interviews with the right stakeholders. Compensation negotiation was acceptable and considered. It was clear that a focused incentive was on the workplace environment and the benefits they could offer as part of compensation.

Interview Questions

• What contributions or value would you add from your experience?   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BHP in June 2019.

Interview

Interview was really fast and the people interviewing was really nice and informative. I came in nervous but the interviewers were very down to earth and gave me the chance to express myself and did not use hard questions that made me had to question myself. Overall the company so far shines really brightly in my eyes from the interview so far.

Heavy Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BHP (Miami, AZ (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview was straight forward, very well explained on the planned task. Seemed like it went smooth and intriguing to possibly work for a foreign company here in the States.

Interview Questions

• They seemed very interested in my equipment experience background and really wanted me to elaborate on it.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BHP (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Intense three rounds very hard would recommended a lot of practice and hard work Bedford interview will be tough to do with this game but you can do better and better than you

Interview Questions

• Can you change the world how would you do it   1 Answer

Farmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BHP (Omaha, NE (US)).

Interview

It wasn’t bad I had fun I guess I just tryna see something real quick so I’m not sure don’t take this to mind sorry and thanks omgosh bill ur so different I do Durga

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at BHP.

Interview

Ok. They didn’t ask much. They are very sneaky and management is horrible. They can’t find oil!!!! The company acts like the oil and gas sector is thriving but it’s not. Management is incompetent and a bunch of rejects.

Marketing/Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BHP (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

On-campus interviews conducted within a time span of 3 weeks with 1 group interview then 1 one-on-one interview. Waited a week to hear back from group interview, then scheduled the one-on-one interview a week afterwards. Overall smooth process, not much intensity or difficulty.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BHP (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Met them at a career fair and was asked to interview 1-2 week later. The interview was 2 45-min long behavioral and technical interviews back to back. It was a lot of the same questions asked in different ways.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.