BI-LO Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

BI-LO Interview Questions

Interviews at BI-LO

1.8

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simpsonville, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BI-LO (Simpsonville, SC (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Extremely easy. Very simple questions. They are basically making sure you aren’t crazy. I did mine in the store manager’s office. It was done in 10 minutes. He didn’t directly offer me a job, he seemed to assume I was just going to take it.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BI-LO.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Threw away the application for the job I wanted in front of me. I was qualified for the position, but they said that they wanted someone to cashier instead. They gave the next person that interviewed the job I was after.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BI-LO (Columbia, SC (US)).

Interview

The interview went exceedingly well. I was "offered" a job on the spot and received a welcome letter and the uniform shirt that day. We discussed what would be happening with my job in the next 6-12 months more than anything else as they said they wanted to promote me after I had worked there for 6 months and, If I were interested, put me in training for a manager. Hands down the best interview I've ever had. Then the waiting game began. Two days had passed and I still had not received the e-mail I needed to continue the process (I was supposed to receive it in 24 hours), so I called them. "The higher up hasn't made a decision yet". Ok... A week and nothing, so I call again "They can't come to the phone but I'll have them call you back when they finish what they're doing". They never called back. At this point two weeks have passed since my interview and "job offer" so I call a third time. "Well they higher up has decided not to hire you and he's on vacation now". Wow. I would think if you interview someone, and especially if you offer them a job, a phone call saying you're not hiring them would be a small request.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever considered being a manager? Would you want to take part in our manager training program?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BI-LO (Greenville, SC (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

just basic questions that they needed to know about you like when you were available and what do you like to do with your free time such as hiking or listening to music. they also asked if you could work holidays

Fresh Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BI-LO (Summerville, SC (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

No interview. We just talked about pay and what my job responsibilities would be. He also explained the values of the co no any and what was expected of me customer service wise.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BI-LO (Martinez, GA (US)).

Interview

I did not feel welcome when I was there and when I followed up on the interview the lady kind of blew me off. I followed up twice within 2 months and she was basically BS-ing me saying umm we haven't made any decisions yet but I'll call you if something comes up. You know you could have just been honest with me and said I did not get it instead of leading me on and leaving me hanging like that, I can handle the truth.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have ever been part of a team.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BI-LO (Greenville, SC (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a friend who worked there who put in a good word with the hiring manager before my interview; that probably helped. I came in and was told to wait in a little cafe area off to the side. I was kind of unimpressed, because I waited for 15 minutes. The hiring manager was very friendly and was understanding if I could not think of the answer to a question immediately. He thanked me and told me I would be receiving some paperwork in my email, which means he basically hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me to describe a positive experience that I have had in customer service.   1 Answer

Evening Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BI-LO in May 2017.

Interview

I was Interviewed by district manager and a store manager after my salaried position was eliminated. The district manager was inattentive and looked at his phone during most of the interview. The store manager asked standard form questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked as part of a team to get something accomplished.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you had a problem that you didn’t know how to answer.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BI-LO (Greenville, SC (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I entered info online which asked for the basics such as name, address, telephone number and prior experience and work history. No surprises; seemed to be a standard application for employment.

Interview Questions

• What department I was interested in. How do I face challenges. Can I work weekends.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BI-LO (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I had to do three separate interviews all done on separate days. Im like you all told me that everyone would be here to get it done in one day.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.