Bain & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Bain & Company Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr 2018
1,034 Interview Reviews

3.6

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Amazing people, multiple rounds, extremely honest about interview process and experience on the job. They patiently answered all my questions, asked questions from my CV. Large focus on being a right fit in the Bain culture. Amazing soft and hard skills training that prepares you for almost any career with very transferable skills.

Interview Questions

• Size the market for Uber Cabs taken in New Delhi per day and how uber can improve profits   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Two rounds of case interviews. First round consisted of a back to back with a brief behavioral interview at the beginning and the second round consisted of a written case with a presentation.

Interview Questions

• How do your past experiences prepare you for consulting?   Answer Question

Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Great, friendly process. Highly informative! Interviewed with group of three assistant managers followed by the senior coordinator. Lastly, I answered four case study open ended questions. All together, the interview lasted two hours.

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Was not overly impressed with interview. It was a formula based interview process. Not the least bit dynamic. Very obvious a script of questions were being asked. Luckily it wasn't a face to face interview - I would have been rolling my eyes and probably would have left during the middle of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were scripted and formula driven. Interviewer was following series of scripted questions - very obvious.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Went to a info session on campus and submitted the application online. The interview consisted of two 30-minute interviews. One personal interview question (eg why Bain) and one case study for each interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Overall, it was a really great experience. One phone screening call and then two rounds of two cases. The cases were interviewer led for the most part but definitely require knowledge of how to drive a case. Slight behavioral component during the final round, but mostly revolved around the cases.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Round 1 - 2 x 40 minute interviews. Brief, unstructured fit questions: "Why Bain?" and "Why office location?" First case was very interviewer led, no framework was created. Moderate amount of quant, moderate difficulty. Second case was very interviewee led. Cost analysis of a mattress company. Structure was very important to solving the case.

Film Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I interviewed for 30 minutes by phone and then spent an hour in-person at their midtown NYC location. The team was warm and welcoming, but I found out that they had already chosen someone to hire and had me come in as a backup.

Interview Questions

• What editing software do you use?   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company in January 2018.

Interview

I applied through university's campus system after participating in several on campus events. Got the interview invite after about two weeks. interviewed on campus. Had two interviews back to back, 30 min each.

Interview Questions

• First interview consisted of a "walk me through your resume" question and then a case. The second interview had only a case. No behavioral questions at all.   Answer Question

Summer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Typical two round interview. First round was two case interviews and second was a written case interview. Some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet. It didn’t feel like interviewing at all (except for the written case), and felt like a feee flowing chat for 45 mins.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.