Bain & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 15 Nov 2018
1,115 Interview Reviews

3.6

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume and got a reply back in an email asking me to interview in their LA office. It was quick and efficient. They also reimburse your travel if you're out of state which is very nice.

Interview Questions

• They asked me the standard market based questions, how many tires from cars or something along those lines. I made a mistake on my mental math and was immediately dismissed from passing the interview.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

I applied for an international office, received a phone interview but was conducted by an US office. there were two back to back phone interviews. Each were 30 minutes. two different people called in. The first one we just jumped into the case right away. The second one asked me to tell him about myself.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company in September 2015.

Interview

1st round interviews on campus. 2nd round on campus if selected. Both first round interviews consisted of a case. Neither focused on behavioral aspect. Pleasant experience overall, really great people at the firm but highly competitive.

Interview Questions

• Case involving private equity purchasing a private chain of companies.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Whole interview process was very standard by big consulting firm standards. First round was at our business school and second round at the offices. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. Recruiters made entire process very clear and straight forward with no surprises as to what to expect.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard offer for all summer associates.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

2 first round cases with casual personality questions; 3 second round interviews - 1 written case, 1 normal case, 1 traditional interview. they generally call you same night as your 2nd rounds if you get the offer.

Interview Questions

• asked me to show math and logic for written case, and why didn't include some slides   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through the career website.
    Two rounds of interviews. All included cases and little behavioral. The cases were difficult, but the interviewers were very nice and trying to help me throughout the cases.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company in January 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews. Each interviewer started off by asking a couple of standard behavioral questions. Then they followed up with two cases. The cases were not super complicated but the numbers were tricky.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Went to their on-campus presentation and began networking with the firm for a few months. Applied through campus portal and then interviewed first round on university campus. Incredibly fun and nice people throughout the process.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Before the interview, I networked lightly. I spoke to Bainies at coffee chats, spoke with Bainies by phone, and composed an informed cover letter. The interview involved standard casing and market sizing. The longest case introduced involved an amusement park example.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

The Bain interview process is similar to other strategy consulting firms. It was a case interview and the impressive thing about it was the guy who interviewed me designed a case on the fly based on my resume. I thought that was impressive and spoke to the culture of Bain as being innovative, smart and saavy.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.