Charles Schwab Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Charles Schwab Interview Questions

Interviews at Charles Schwab

2.9

Associate Interview

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter and immediately they start asking salary questions be careful with that! They ask a lot of questions about possible scenarios of angry client's and how you handled. Be wary they offer amazing bonuses and over time. Neither is easily attained; bonus is paid in tiers depending on seniority, pay grade level, and extra roles you took. Overtime is offered twice a year and limited.

Interview Questions

• Summarize the worse comment received by a manager   3 Answers

Negotiation

Terrible, they tell you they cannot negotiate. They lie, negotiate at least 10-13% more, that is their latitude

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

First, had HR phone screen. Mostly behavioral and they just describe the position and program. Next was invited to a video interview that was about an hour. It was a mix of behavioral, technical, and one coding. Overall, everyone was very nice in the process. They are very collaborative, so you really need to be team oriented. You need to have your OOP basics down. Study them like you would for a test. I winged it and failed miserably, but I think I would have done ok if I had prepared. I forgot a lot of basic definitions.

Interview Questions

• What are the OOP principles? Why Schwab? Talk about projects that are on your resume. Know about data structures and why you should use one over another.   2 Answers

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Westlake, TX (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online, and after a few days was contacted for a 30 minute phone screening. A few days later i was instructed to do a a coding assessment, which involved a lot of object oriented principles. After this i was contacted to participate in a phone interview with a hiring manager and a few other employees. This consisted of more technical questions related to Object Oriented techniques as well as stuff relating to my resume.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the downfall of pointers?   2 Answers

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online at their website, they reached out a week later and set up a behavior phone screen(30min), then this was followed by a webex interview to assess technical knowledge(1hr), then they got back to me like within a week. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Inheritance, oop fundamentals, cohesion, association, get/put http protocols, a simple coding puzzle.   2 Answers

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online through their website for their new grad NERD position.

Got a response from the HR recruiter few days later. Brief 30m phone screen about behavioral questions and if you know the OOP concepts, do not have to explain them.

Then there is a group skype interview with 3 other people. This is the final interview in the process. No coding questions, just questions about your resume and more behavioral stuff. Also a little brain teaser question. Easy interview and good experience.

Few days later I was rejected without reason. Very disappointed as I really wanted to work here and felt like I did well in the interviews. They interview about 10 people per opening so competition is fierce.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire YOU?   1 Answer
    • SQL questions such as SQL injection
      Explain OOP   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

Took 2+ weeks. Applied online first which took a couple days to get a response. Two phone interviews. First was from a recruiter and second was with a hiring manager. Emailed two days after with no offer.

Interview Questions

• What is object oriented programming, what are the main principles of OOP, what is mvc, what is a linked list, what is a garbage dump.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in July 2017.

Interview

The recruiter called me over 30 minutes late with no excuse or apology. He acknowledged he was late, but didn't tell me why. Because of this, the entire interview was VERY rushed. He talked extremely fast and when I asked questions, he answered them wrong since he was so flustered and didn't take time to understand them. It was pretty disrespectful. When I asked him for his email to follow up with him, he refused to give it to me and said I would get an email from him. I never did. The recruiter was located out of Colorado although the position I applied for was in Austin, TX.

Associate Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online from a job board posting. Got an email from the recruiter to set up an initial phone interview, which went very well - the recruiter was very nice and knowledgeable, only simple questions about my background and some behavioral questions.

After the call, the recruiter set up an invitation to an online coding challenge, which I had to complete within 3 days. This was one of those coding challenges we all hate, where you have to answer three coding questions and record yourself giving an answer to no one. I feel I did very well, and earned a call from the hiring manager. It also went well, so we set up a WebEx interview (I'm out of state) with two of the developers.

Unfortunately, I didn't do so well in the technical interview. One of the developers wasn't there, so it was only about 30 minutes long. The other developer asked me questions about the fundamentals of OOP (what are the four principles, what is a class, what is an object, etc). Unfortunately, I was expecting to have to solve LeetCode questions, so I had been studying algorithms and data structures instead of looking up the definitions to terms I had learned several years ago.

I haven't heard anything in almost three weeks. I expected to not get the position because of poor performance during the technical interview, but it would have been nice for them to have the courtesy to send me an email stating I didn't get the job. The only way I confirmed that I didn't get it was logging into their job applicant system and checking the status of my application, which is just either "Active" or "Inactive".

Interview Questions

• How do you create a stack using only queues?   2 Answers

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

Process took about a month. Initial 30 minute interview with a talent acquisition specialist. Then went to office and three separate 45 minute interviews 2 with team members and one with the manger. Finished off with a 45 minute phone interview with another team member in Orlando.

All the interviews were essentially the clones of each other. Going over resume and asking questions about myself.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Schwab?   1 Answer

Knowledge Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scott Air Force Base, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Scott Air Force Base, IL (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

I found this job on Linked In and submitted an application on the Charles Schwab website. Within a week i was contacted by email to set up a phone interview. This took place a week after the email. The phone interview was 30 minutes and went over a large number of areas. I was very satisfied with the tenor of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you affect the culture of your workplace with Knowledge Management principles?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.