City of Edmonton Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

City of Edmonton Interview Questions

Interviews at City of Edmonton

2.7

Heavy Duty Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, KY (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Face to Face and phone interview

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, Behavioral, brain teaser   2 Answers

Negotiation

N/a

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2011.

Interview

Online application, short list contacted for interviews, one round of interview, written portion to start out interview, 1 hour interview

Interview Questions

• Describe environmental scanning and how it influences business and strategic planning (written portion)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salaray due to unionized environment.

Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Online testing for computer skills, Panel interview with 2 people, they reviewed the candidates and hired 3 of us. They sent out a welcoming email to the branch and then I started the week after. I was introduced to the branch and then trained over a few months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were face with a difficult situation with clients and how did you overcome the difficulty.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Edmonton in December 2016.

Interview

One face to face interview which was relatively straight forward. There were two senior officers present. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes. I was asked about ten questions in total.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are your expectations about the role? How does your past experience relate to the job responsibilities? Tell us about yourself? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

Easy interview, like having a conversation. Standard behavioural interview questions. Panel of 3 people including senior management, no technical questions were asked but they asked about technical background. Did not have a technical background going in and still recieved job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you disagreed with a team member and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

HSE Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Edmonton in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 1 hour scenario based question and answer session with two interviewers. They gave me multiple cases and specific scenarios to discuss how I would approach each one of them.

Interview Questions

• How would you introduce an Field Level Hazard Assessment process to the workforce? What training methods would you use? Consider this will cover multiple sites. What resources would you require?   1 Answer

General Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

The position was posted online, (poor job description) applied, called, face to face 2 hiring managers (lacked knowledge of operation), written questions asked, they wrote answers. Called an offered position, verbally accepted, sent formal email, accepted on email. On boarded.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview. A set of questions, mostly behaviour. Interviewers will be taking down notes for each question. Very structured. Not a lot of chit chatting until the interviewers finish asking their set of questions. Be prepared to know about the City's mission and outlook for the future. Impressive your interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a scenario where you have had a conflict with a team member.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Edmonton in April 2017.

Interview

Brief test to assess computer skills. Then there was the standard interview with 2 people asking behaviour type questions. Due to the union environment, they took extremely detailed notes. The interview was quite long, almost 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of detailed spreadsheets have you created or worked with?   Answer Question

Information Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2009.

Interview

I phoned the City of Edmonton to ask some questions about the position and was immediately connected to someone in HR. She was very kind and helpful. The interview process was fair and I was asked very legitimate questions pertaining to the job.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.