Clayton Utz Interview Questions

Updated 22 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 14 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Clayton Utz

Clayton Utz

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clayton Utz

Interview

Rigid, difficulty when responding to a video simulation

Interview Questions
  • Why CU
    Answer Question

Clayton Utz

Application

I interviewed at Clayton Utz

Interview

The are really professional however I can tell after my introduction that I am not the one they want as they prefer someone who had a background doing paralegal work

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clayton Utz (Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia) in Jan 2021

Interview

Online interview where I had to film my response to questions and submit. No interaction with another person. Questions were fairly straightforward but only 1 attempt was permitted and the time given was quite short so prepare answers in advance so you can make the most of the time given.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Clayton Utz

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Clayton Utz

Interview

I was interviewed by a partner and the HR rep. The interview was laid back. Preparing questions prior did not assist me. Before the interview I attended a networking function and after the interview I had a coffee with a graduate lawyer.

Interview Questions
  • Have you applied to any other firms? Tell me about yourself? Tell us about your retail experience. Tell us about (X) on your resume. Do you have any questions for us? What interests you?
  • Tell me about yourself, please.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Utz (Sydney) in Feb 2020

Interview

Did an in-person behavioral interview two weeks after applying online. Simple questions, interviewers were from HR and the service lines and were really nice and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Utz (Sydney) in May 2018

Interview

I applied for the 2019 FTS Graduate Program online. Had psychometric test and 2 onsite interviews. The interviews are not technical at all (no coding at all) it's just behavioural/ situational questions. Even though they target computer science student, I dont think it's a software development related role. The HR, manager and director are very nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Utz (Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia)

Interview

Overall the experience was extremely positive. Not being interested in a career in commercial law, I was never an ideal candidate and found it hard to describe a genuine interest in any practice areas. However the HR staff are some of the nicest people I have met - a supportive culture seems to be a priority of the firm (however I wouldn't know).

Interview Questions
  • Which practice areas are you interested in? Which practice areas are you not interested in?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Clayton Utz (Sydney) in Apr 2018

Interview

I applied for the 2019 FTS Graduate Program in mid 2018. The first stages were a fairly simple aptitude test and a logic test. If you're a programmer they're quite standard and you'll be used to problem solving. I undertook two stages of interviews at their Sydney office, and was assigned an interview buddy during this period in order to become familiar with the company and settle any questions or concerns I had. Thankfully my buddy was a really great guy. We met for coffee before each interview and it helped me to relax. The buddy system (and my buddy in particular) shows a great effort and commitment from the company to the recruitment process, which is the reason for my favourable review/experience. The interviews themselves were quite relaxed, and was between myself and a panel of the recruiter and a technical lead/director. The questions were fairly straightforward but contained more of a legal framing than regular interviews. Although I performed quite well and reached the end of the application process, I didn't receive the offer as there were higher quality candidates. Regardless the experience was one of the most positive I've had. Note: they will require an official academic transcript, and you are encouraged to (you should) dress professionally (in a suit).

Interview Questions
  • Interview questions were fairly standard for software developers, however a number had a legal framing/twist which would be more unique and interesting to think about in advance.
1 person found this interview helpful

Clayton Utz

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clayton Utz

Interview

Expect standard behavioural questions, such as explain a time when you worked under pressure, describe yourself in three words, why did you choose to study law. Interviewed by HR and another staff. Have a story as to why you chose the firm and why you want to work in corporate.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Clayton Utz (Melbourne) in Sep 2017

Interview

There is an initial interview with the hiring partner and a human resources representative, then a written test, which you take in a room by yourself and is basically to check that your skill level is what they would expect of a lawyer at your level, then a second interview with two other partners in the group just to check that they all like you and the first partner's judgement isn't in error. The whole process takes several months.

Interview Questions
  • It was all the usual questions - why are you looking for a new job, why do you want to work here, what have you done previously.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews