Collette Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Collette Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2018

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collette.

Interview

Met with HR and them managers. Smooth, no trick questions. They were easy to talk to. Didn't make you nervous. Friendly people. Casual interviews.. professional dress.

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collette.

Interview

I was called in for an interview fairly quickly after submitting my resume. Upon arriving, I sat with an HR representative to discuss my general background and seemingly get a feel for me. After this light interview, I was brought into another room to conduct a second interview with my potential supervisor. There I was taken through the actual job requirements. I say actual, because the description on their website did not give the impression of a pure cold-calling position. I appreciated the honesty of the interviewer and he respected my disinterest in the position.

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collette.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Collette regarding my application for this position. The recruiter invited me to a phone interview. 30 minutes before the phone interview, the recruiter emailed me to cancel the interview due to scheduling issue. The recruiter said that he would follow up the next day to set another date for the interview, but never emailed me. I contacted the recruiter on 3 separate occasions (each about a week apart) in order to try to set up a new date, but he never responded to any of my emails. It has now been about a month and I haven't heard so much as an apology or any type of reply. I had heard so many good things about this company and I was really excited, but this type of treatment is unacceptable. At the very least, after reaching out, the recruiter could have told me they were taking things in a different direction or they were no longer interested. I am very disappointed in Collette and their HR staff.

Interview Questions

• Because the interview as cancelled (and never rescheduled), I never found out any interview questions.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collette.

Interview

First step is a phone interview with HR- Second step- in person interview with HR, Final in person interview with hiring manager and supervisor. Standard questions asked, make sure to ask them questions

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job? What would you do if you had a problem with a co worker?   Answer Question

Tour Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collette in June 2014.

Interview

Very quick with one simple question that interviewer did not give me any time to answer before beginning to nod her head "no" before I even had a chance to answer. There was no reason why she was doing this that I knew of. I did not ask why. I should have I guess ??

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Collette?   2 Answers

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Collette (Pawtucket, RI (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Heard from HR approximately a month after submitting my application to schedule a meet and greet with the HR Director for the following week. After this initial meeting, I was invited back to interview for a position with the Product team. HR followed up after this interview to invite me back to interview the following week for a Product position they felt was a better fit.

Frankly, I was very disappointed that after 3 separate interviews on site, this team didn't have the professionalism to follow up with any communication. I promptly wrote thank you notes immediately following each interview, and emailed once more two weeks later to check in. Radio silence. I have to wonder how HR treats employees once they are on board if they can't show mutual respect in the hiring process with the general talent pool.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The questions asked were primarily about experience and career direction.   Answer Question

Collette Response

29 Jan 2018 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We aim to ensure that all of our applicants are fully informed during the interview process and have a positive experience. As I’m sure you can appreciate, sometimes... More

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Collette (Providence, RI (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a nightmare. I never received any type of follow up from the HR department via e-mail or phone call. I made several attempts to contact them with no avail after I was told that I would hear from them. I was completely blown off even after a great in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience with using InDesign templates?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Collette (Pawtucket, RI (US)).

Interview

About a month after I applied, I received a call from the HR person to ask me why I was interested in the position and why I wanted to leave my current role at the company I work for. After talking for a few minutes, she said the position I applied for was filled but she would like to meet with me to discuss other opportunities. So we set a meeting for the following week. She was very kind to accommodate my current work schedule.

There were only about three visitor parking spots and parking was a nightmare. I had to park on the street when I got there. I had to call when I got there, and wait outside to be let on. This was fine, but we were in a serious cold spell and it was freezing. A very nice gentleman let me in after a few minutes outside and went down to remind the recruiter I was there. Very very nice. While I was waiting in the lobby, everyone yhatvwent by was really nice. Several people inquired if I was being helped, and they all seemed genuinely nice. It was nice to seem them laughing and talking after the day was done, too.

Speaking with the recruiter was helpful, she helped narrow down what I was looking for and what would be a good fit for me and my background. She was very nice and made the whole process less stressful. She said there may be a second opening for the position I applied for, and suggested I meet with the hiring manager.

About a week later I got a call from another hr person to set up an interview for the following week. Again, parking was even more horrible because I went during the day this time and had to park so far away. I went to a different building this time, as there are two buildings on the campus. Old mill buildings that are nicely renovated inside. This meeting only took about twenty minutes and there were just some basic questions about my background and work style. Not stressful at all, and she was very kind. As I was leaving, she told me I would hear from her soon. I felt optimistic. Five weeks went by, and I heard nothing, so I accepted I did not get the job. Then I got a call to meet with the supervisor. I meet with him two days later. He too was very nice and this interview was about an hour. He had two pages of questions , nothing too hard...strengths and weaknesses, how do I deal with conflict, why am I looking for a change, what's the best and worst part of my current role. Honestly, if you look at basic interview questions you'll be okay. I asked when I would hear, and I was told the end of the following week . Well here we are five weeks later and I still have not heard one way or the other. I am fine if I don't get the job , but a courtesy rejection letter would be nice, rather than just waiting. It's a position I really wanted, so i was hopeful I would get it, but this endless waiting is just too much. Everyone was really nice, but this process needs improvement! Going through this for months is unfair to the applicant.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult: strengths and weaknesses, how did you find out about the company, why do you want this position, what is your learning style.   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collette in December 2015.

Interview

Began with a simple phone interview with recruiter. A week later met with Sales director onsite. After is an interview with VP of Sales and more HR for background checks.

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Collette in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for a position that was posted in mid-March. I was contacted for a phone interview at the end of March. The phone interview was a standard phone interview with HR. I was applying to a position on the other side of the country and had a Skype interview for my next interview. This interview was at the end of the first week of April.

I felt that the interview went really well and I thought I had a good chance of getting the job.

I finally heard back and did not get the job. I really was interested in the position and company, so it was pretty tough to hear on a Friday at 5:30 PM.

If the whole process didn't take 6 weeks and I didn't get rejected so late on a Friday, I'd change the review to a positive experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.