Commonwealth Bank of Australia Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Interview Questions

Updated 9 Dec 2017

Capital Market Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I had TOTAL 8 interviews over months It boiled down to me or one other on the 6th They took other. I got "Called" back being told we want you too only to be told oh, we don't have a headcount

Interview Questions

• Market related, sales figures, client types, repeated to at least 15 people   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I felt it was not difficult. General questions, nothing particular. I wasted good time in solving their exercise and in the end there was even no feedback.

Interview Questions

• They gave exercise to solve.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

The data scientist first introduced the company and the team project, then gave me his background information. Then he asked me to tell him something about myself in the first 20 minutes. The first round was technical interview on-site, it lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked 2 programming questions and a predictive modeling question, and had to present on a whiteboard to the interviewer.   Answer Question

KYC Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I interviewed on Friday and began working on the project by Wednesday. They performed a background check online using my social security number. There was noskill test or drug test.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had experience with remediation projects.   Answer Question

Chief Compliance Officer for the Broker Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

I met with several senior managers. They discussed the role and job responsibilities. They posed a few scenarios and asked what I would do in such instances. They wanted to know how I handle regulatory matters and how comfortable I was in taking ownership of a situation.

Interview Questions

• How do I manage my work life vs my personal life. What is more important.   Answer Question

Interview

What are the process of interview and what they ask you and when do you start after all the processes are done. Do they need an experience in the same field to get the job?

Interview Questions

• What are the test you are doing and questions they will ask you on. The interview   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne).

Interview

1. Online Test (Easy)
    2. Video Interview (6 QUESTIONS)
    3. Group Interview
    4. Manager Interview
    I got the notification of video interview one week after the completion of online test. I am currently waiting for result of video intervew.

Interview Questions

• Why CBA?   Answer Question
    • CBA' vision is" : to excel at securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities", how is this related to the position you are applying for   Answer Question
    • CBA has 5 core value of integrity, accountability , collaboration , excellence, service, how those align with your personal and work vaules?   Answer Question
    • What would you do to achieve targets?   Answer Question
    • Scenario: Someone wants to deposit a cheque to purchase a car in the future. How would you deal with it?   Answer Question

Interview

Submitted the application. Received an email informing that I’ve been
    unsuccessful. I did not get to talk to a recruiter. I was not given an interview opportunity. It was a straight away no.

Graduate Interview

Interview

Had a video interview with roughly 7 or 8 questions.
    For each question, I had 30 secs to prepare my response and 2 mins to talk.
    Also, I was given 2 days to complete the interview after I received the email.

Interview Questions

• The usual behavioural questions
      Current challenges in the industry   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

Assessment followed by a digital interview , if shortlisted face to face interview...Can be one round or more than that.
    Normally after digital there may be a time lag before call for interview

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.