Commonwealth Bank of Australia Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 11 Dec 2018

Sort:

Capital Market Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I had TOTAL 8 interviews over months It boiled down to me or one other on the 6th They took other. I got "Called" back being told we want you too only to be told oh, we don't have a headcount

Interview Questions

• Market related, sales figures, client types, repeated to at least 15 people   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

The data scientist first introduced the company and the team project, then gave me his background information. Then he asked me to tell him something about myself in the first 20 minutes. The first round was technical interview on-site, it lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked 2 programming questions and a predictive modeling question, and had to present on a whiteboard to the interviewer.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I felt it was not difficult. General questions, nothing particular. I wasted good time in solving their exercise and in the end there was even no feedback.

Interview Questions

• They gave exercise to solve.   1 Answer

KYC Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I interviewed on Friday and began working on the project by Wednesday. They performed a background check online using my social security number. There was noskill test or drug test.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had experience with remediation projects.   Answer Question

Chief Compliance Officer for the Broker Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

I met with several senior managers. They discussed the role and job responsibilities. They posed a few scenarios and asked what I would do in such instances. They wanted to know how I handle regulatory matters and how comfortable I was in taking ownership of a situation.

Interview Questions

• How do I manage my work life vs my personal life. What is more important.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney) in May 2012.

Interview

The application process was online, via the group's website. From there I had a phone interview with a HR person. Following the discussion, a few days I was asked to attend an interview with the hiring manager and the HR person. Subsequently, I was asked to attend a second interview with the manager once removed. Post this interview I was asked to attend a 3rd interview with the regional head. Subsequent to this, an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about yourself?
      Q: How do perform under pressure?
      Q: What interests you about this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would advice, go in knowing what you want, what you offer, and what the market offers for such a role.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney) in October 2014.

Interview

5 interviews starting with a lunch with hiring manager then another team member and a credit team member then study case then tests on internet then debriefing with hiring manager and RH.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Perth, Western Australia) in April 2016.

Interview

It's was a friendly interview where met up with 2 interviewer. Good experience as they are open to all candidate given I am not having any local experience. Opportunity open to everyone

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Role was advertised on indeed jobs. Applied online and got an email that I have been selectec for an interview. First round interview was over the phone with a Senior Manager in the department. Second round interview was to be with the MD of the department.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney) in January 2008.

Interview

Not a strong interview process, but it was adequate as there management and myself had known each other for 10 years.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary ranges are fixed, but you may get into another "band"

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.