DNEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

DNEG Interview Questions

Interviews at DNEG

2.3

Pipeline Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

It was a nice interview experience. The department supervisor wishes to hear every detail of employee's works. It was lasting for 1 and half hour. Was been marked as pending cause Canada working visa issue will fail the deadline of applicant needs.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your best development work and why you think it is worth a best.   Answer Question

R&D Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DNEG in June 2017.

Interview

Reached out to the recruiter directly and heard back from them 4 weeks later. They first set up a basic screen. I must have passed the screen because they told me they'd send through a technical test shortly. However I would not recieve it for another 3 weeks. I took the technical test within the week, but ( due to various schedualing conflicts on their side ) I didn't get an interview with my potential supervisor for another week. I thought that went well and was not asked any technical questions, but they would turn me down a week and a half later because I somehow "lacked technical depth". I taught PhD students at Stanford. So, yes, you can easily figure out who this is. So I conclude they just didn't like that I didn't tell them what they wanted in my interview.

Interview Questions

• What are you working on right now? ... Wait ... You're moving on?   1 Answer

Character TD Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online for position in Vancouver BC, was contacted about 2 weeks later for an interview. The interview was on Skype and very straightforward. They looked at my reel with me and asked questions about my experience and interests. I was rejected about a month later, they wanted someone with more experience than me.

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DNEG (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

I lived in LA at the time (December 2009). It was a 10 minute phone call. On the line were a supervising compositor and HR. It was a friendly chat.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to move to London?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. Dneg has its own salary brackets and it is very difficult to negotiate up out of them. However, I was able to get an extra 3%.

ATD Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG.

Interview

Phone screening, first interview, coding test, second interview, offer

I first got an email and scheduled a phone interview. Then I got a link to a online coding test. After that I had face-to-face interview with a hr manager and supervisor. The final interview was made with two supervisors with focus on technical questions. After few days hr manager called and told me that I got the offer.

Animator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DNEG.

Interview

Informal chat with the anim supes and an artist manager. We discussed the projects currently in production and what working on them would entail. The whole process took around a half hour and felt more like a chat with friends than a job interview.

Interview Questions

• I cannot recall specific questions as, often times these "interviews" are treated more as a conversation to get a feel for your personality/history as an artist. Things that usually get touched on are what your artistic background is, what you'd like to get out of a specific project (if anything) and whether or not you'd be interested in what they're working on at the time of the interview.   1 Answer

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2019.

Interview

I arrive at the reception, waited 30 minutes to see the recruiter and a guy came and told me that the recruiter left and is unreachable, so I have to reschedule. Left work early for nothing. This is a huge lack of respect, reflecting how they treat their employees

Interview Questions

• who booked your appointment?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

HR discussion, followed by Codility coding test and on site interview.

Enjoyed the interview on site - very nice discussion.

Unfortunately was ghosted without a follow up of any kind - which is unprofessional.

Build Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG (Seoul (South Korea)) in October 2018.

Interview

They called me since I was in South Korea , it was 3 times of call I guess and each call had a term like few weeks. It took around 15-30mins for interviewing.

Software Developer and Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2018.

Interview

The process took 6 weeks since I was ever contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter for the first time. Beside the long waiting time, I feel they kinda wasted my time. They asked for X technology experience and they knew I didn’t have it... every time we talked we always noted that I didn’t have that experience under my belt. They ended up telling me they decided to move with a more experienced candidate. I mean, that’s fair game, but I wish they didn’t take 6 weeks to tell me something I had warned them about.
    I had one technical challenge (which I did well), one technical interview and one cultural fit interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.