Downer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Downer Interview Questions

Interviews at Downer

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Christ Church, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Downer (Christ Church, VA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a Multi step process, with an initial application, video interiew, group training/interview day, offer. The stages were coherent and the flow of information at each stage was good

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Downer.

Interview

There are three activities during the AC including debate, interview questions and problems solving. Interviewees are split into different groups to take part in the activities. You may get feedbacks and advice from the interviewers.

Finance Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Downer.

Interview

First of all, I got an email asking for a phone interview. After that, they asked me to visit an assessment centre for 2 days (expenses paid). If you get past the first day of AC activites, you need to prepare for a presentation for the second day. Overall the process is pretty stressful, but high paced so I cannot fault the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Downer?   1 Answer

Cadet Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Downer.

Interview

First video (questions on screen) interview - 5 general questions (i.e. why did you decide to study civil engineering, Give example of a relationship that you built with a peer/colleague) to respond, 2 minutes provided for each question.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Downer (Sydney) in September 2020.

Interview

Initial online application was made. this was followed by a corresponding invitation to complete a online interview. then received a phone call and was invited to complete an interview. Interview went well and the interviewees ensured I felt comfortable and confident

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Downer.

Interview

The interviewer was very casual and nice and created a nice atmosphere to be interviewed in. They want to know more about you as a person rather than your experience. The whole process was fun and far more casual than I was used to.

Defence Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Downer (Canberra) in August 2020.

Interview

Had a phone interview, talent advisor didn't really know about what roles were available. Met with a Director who told me he was too busy and gave me a condescending speach about kids in suits probably because I wore a suit to the interview. Didn't really take any time to get to know me and talked bad about the company. Seemed very arrogant and I know of others who've had similar experiences, overall quite disappointing and not a place I'd want to work.

Cadet Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Downer.

Interview

Written application --> phone interview --> in person interview

Overall, it was a great experience and very friendly/accommodating employees who made me feel comfortable . In person interview took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good candidate for this job?   1 Answer

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Downer (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in June 2020.

Interview

Was an extensive interview process, taking over 4 hours to complete due to the large number of applicants. All the interviewers and selectors were incredibly nice and super easy to talk to, which made the interview a breeze.

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Downer.

Interview

Based on STAR format, Interview process very lengthy, There were 3 people interviewing. I recommend to prepare with real work experience examples and behavioral based questions. Good luck for an interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.