Dun & Bradstreet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Dun & Bradstreet Interview Questions

Interviews at Dun & Bradstreet

2.8

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

1st round: Initial conversation with the recruiter about my background, the role, and company. Good conversation.

2nd round: A technical screening call with the hiring team. Pretty standard line questioning with 2 live coding samples.

3rd round: 3 hour slog of technical deep dive, again with the hiring team. 1 live diagramming session and a 3rd live coding scenario. The hiring team focused heavily on technical minutiae and struggled to answer reverse interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Write a function (in any language) to print the Fibonacci sequence to the given number n.   Answer Question
    • Write configuration management (in any framework) code to install and configure a database   Answer Question
    • Create a diagram of a 3 tier web application.   Answer Question
    • Write configuration management (in any framework) code to install a web server, deploy an HTML file, and configure a given vhost entry for the HTML file.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Austin, TX (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

It was straight forward. 1 tech round followed by Managerial round and finally HR round. After that recruiter presented me with the offer and started the hiring process instantly.

Interview Questions

• Asked about how i could adapt in the company culture. Prepare more on what company does become familiar with the D&B business.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

Process was very professional... almost throughout. Went through several rounds of interviews and the Talent Representative was very responsive. Final step was a video interview with several members of the team. I followed up with thank you emails to each member... and never hear a peep from anyone in the organization again. I was “ghosted” after several interviews over many weeks. I can certainly understand if they went with another candidate, but I cannot understand the complete lack of professionalism of “ghosting.” There simply is no excuse for treating any candidate with so little respect. Reflecting on the interview, I could see where I might not be a good fit. I was probably about 10-15 years older than anyone on the team. I’m not a stranger to age discrimination. My advice, if you are over 40 or value common courtesy, take a hard pass on this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about some of your successes in previous roles.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

It was by far the most enjoyable, painless, and efficient interview process I have ever experienced. The recruiter was extremely personable, knowledgeable about the company, and gave me a bit of background on each of my interviewers before each interview to prepare better for them. I had three different one-on-one interviews with senior management and the sales team. The entire hiring process (the initial application to receipt of the offer) took less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• It was more a conversation than set questions, which gave me a good sense of the company culture and put me at ease.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Terrible interview experience with the recruiter. The recruiter asked standard questions about background and my knowledge about the company. Everything went well and he said he would reach out to me in the next couple of days regarding the next steps and it has been 3 weeks and i have not received a single email. I tried following up with the recruiter and still did not get any reply.

A piece of advice to the recruiter. Don't waste candidates time and conduct an interview just to show count.

Interview Questions

Dun & Bradstreet Response

9 Jul 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

We agree this doesn’t align with ‘treat others as you’d want to be treated!’ We strive to give every candidate a positive experience. Thank you for letting us know we missed the mark this time.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Malibu, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and lasted a month. I first talked with a recruiter then the VP of Technology then the Director of Technology Quality Operations then a Manager. Each interview was interesting and they really spend a lot of time going over the role and the company because Dun & Bradstreet can be a hard company to understand. Make sure to do your research on 'Why you want to work at Dun & Bradstreet' because that was asked in each of my interviews.

All of the interviews are virtual due to Covid. Make sure to ask lots of questions along the way because you want to get a good understanding of the team, work culture, environment, expectations, etc since you won't have the opportunity to meet these people in person before accepting the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to manage a release
      How does your background translate to this position?
      What is your personal brand? What do you bring to the table?
      Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening with an HR which was all about the work ex overview and academic degrees. After this, there was an onsite interview scheduled with few of the team members- which went all good, questions were all about:
    1)technical - SQL, code logics
    2)Scenario-based
    3) IQ questions.
    The interview went really well, but I didn't hear back from them for 2 weeks until I had to follow-up. Finally to know that I was not offered the position.

All I would like to say is that I liked the workplace and the culture of the company except for some cold responses from an interviewer who had made up his mind, from the start, not to hire me for some weird reason.
    I believe that when you interview someone there should be some space for mistakes, learning, and growth. You cannot expect someone to be "just like you" because everyone has their own point of view and opinion.
    The interviewers need to apply diversity and inclusion in the real workplace not just know or talk about it.

Message to the management: I would not rate the company as bad just because of an interviewer's bad attitude. I would rather recommend the company to train its employees well on how to interview candidates fairly.

Interview Questions

• What do you resolve a conflict with your manager?
      What achievements and awards are you proud of?
      Are you willing to work across various functional teams?   Answer Question

Dun & Bradstreet Response

9 Jul 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Yikes! Your experience isn’t par for the course here at Dun & Bradstreet. We appreciate you letting us know that you didn’t have the positive experience we try to create for every candidate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I apply throw a recruiter and first interviewed with their consulting company called IMPETUS on skype they feedback me with just two days, and then interview with three D&B engineers by webex meeting, this time they feedback me just within one day, and finally went to D&B short hills.NJ office and interviewed with the hiring manager, and got feedback the second day after the onsite interview.. The whole process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join our company? and what do you think will benifit our company most if we hire you?   2 Answers

Social Media Interview

Interview

Over the phone. It was more of a get to know each other interview with a couple questions about the courses I was taking. They specifically asked about my excel experience.

Interview Questions

• What kind of excel experience do you have?   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Interview

Was able to meet with various groups and individuals who I would be interacting with regularly. Helpful insights into company culture and workflows. Transparent answers and good interactions.

Interview Questions

• How do you envision rolling out your role and integrating with the team?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.