ExtraHop Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

ExtraHop Networks Interview Questions

Interviews at ExtraHop Networks

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

My experience with the interview process was very strange. I applied for a software engineering role but the recruiter reached out with a role that I had never heard of before - Sustaining Engineer. In the initial phone conversation, she convinced me that it was almost exactly the same as a Software Engineer, except I would be working on an existing deployment/bug fixes rather than building new features.

After this, I was given a moderately challenging take home coding challenge in Python which I completed within the week. I was then invited for the onsite in Seattle.

At my onsite, I was interviewed by a variety of people, almost all of whom seemed more interested in my testing skills. Almost all the questions I got were broad ended “what’s your test plan for this” or writing scripts to do a very specific task. This was an awkward experience for me because I have never worked as a tester/QA. At one point one of the engineers even remarked that my take home solution was one of the best he had come across and why I was interested in “pivoting” to this role.

I got rejected within a week, which I only found out by checking jobvite. Never heard from the recruiter or the company. My advice to this company would be to fix your recruiting funnel and get the right candidates for the right position.

Interview Questions

• System design questions. Python/bash scripting questions regarding File I/O etc   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by a phone interview with a Sr UX Designer. After that, I believe you would have an in-person interview. It was odd because the recruiter told me that the second interview would focus on my portfolio and the tools I use, but it turns out it was more like a test/review of different UI Design-specific skills when the job was for a "Senior UX Designer". The job description was very vague so I figured worst case it would be about UX, but they were looking at everything - UX, UI, IX, VX. Definitely was misled and could have prepared better. Also, if you want clarifying questions answered from the recruiter, then you're out of luck. My advice is just be prepared for anything.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

I met ExtraHop recruiters in a Career Fair, they claimed that the want to hire fast so there will only be one coding challenge in the Career Fair and one round of interview and that it. Then the first round of interview, which supposed to be the only round, went well. They were trying to arrange a second round with me. One day later, before the interview is even arranged, I received a rejection letter. I emailed for this confusion and they said they still want me.

Then they ghosted me, not replying my emails. They replied after a month saying they still want an interview with me. I replied my availability. Then guess what? They ghosted me again....
    Terrible experiences, no respect at all.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Phone screen with HR, at-home code challenge, phone screen with hiring manager, 5-hour on-site with a product intro and 5 pairs of interviewers. People were genuine and relaxed, and didn't hit me with any weird or pointless questions.

AVP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks (Dallas, TX (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

It was a great process and their recruiter was very kind. She went through company history, benefits, the process, a little about culture, and salary. The recruiter was excited to hear about my past work experience and indicated that I would be an ideal fit. she made me feel very important and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about Extrahop?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks.

Interview

I had 3 campus interviews - all technical. I talked with representatives of the company at my university's career fair and heard back I was selected for an on campus interview. After my first one I was scheduled for 2 more, then I heard back about the decision about the offer within a week.

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks.

Interview

The recruiter is very nice. Pretty standard screening. Then I met with the VP Bill; thought everything went welll. He seemed super smart and made me feel comfortable and excited about the organization. The next step is they ask you to block out 4 hours for a series of interviews. The process was confusing and I had to adjust my schedule three different times to accommodate theirs over multiple days. One of the interviewers did not even show up. Before I could even finish the process, they told me they had hired somebody else due to timing. Disappointing and unprofessional. If this is the way they roll, I probably dodged a bullet

Interview Questions

• What’s your view of the channel? What is a campaign you are especially proud of and why?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Phone Interview + Code assignments + 6 hours interview onsite that went the distance.

I have applied via external recruiter.
    First was a very brief interview with the company hiring manager by phone. No coding or etc, just general screening and after that they send you 2 coding assignments as your home work and you can choose one you like. First was tricky and I like it, second was boring file screening and I skip it.

Second was a 6 sessions each by 1 hour technical interview with one coding questions,
    followed by behavioral questions and an opportunity to ask about the company.
    They do product overview at the begging and rest just combination of whiteboard coding task.
    I was able to answer all of their technical questions correctly within the allotted time, and often had discussions about the company as well. You probably meet entire team and manager during this on-site interview.
    At the end of the final interview, the interviewer let me know that the next day they would have a meeting to discuss the interviews and I would hear back with "yay or nay" by the end of the day. At this point it was a fairly pleasant experience.

Rejected because they just don't know what they're looking for as Sr.Software Engineer and looks like they looking for mentor or coacher for junior level. Other part if technology stack and probably theirs product will be replaced with different traffic monitoring tools from Cloud providers in nearest future. But in general positive experience.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

The process was quick, tidy, and very accommodating. Two phone calls and an interview loop were all conducted within 2 weeks. Recruiting provided me with the names of the people who would be interviewing me, which I always appreciate. Each interviewer was well-prepared and focused on specific skills the role requires.

Interview Questions

• "Take a look at this product [a demo of their product]. Let's say the customer is confused about [UI thing]. How would you handle that? "   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks.

Interview

quick and painless... received a call from a recruiter who saw my resume online, asked a few questions, and then had an on-site interview. Soon after received an offer letter which I accepted, starting soon afterward.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.