Forrester Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Forrester Interview Questions

Updated 7 Aug 2018

3.1

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA (US)) in March 2009.

Interview

First I was phone screened by HR to make sure I wasn't insane and was currently employed as I said I was (totally an easy and normal interview). Then I came in for a super-well-run and organized interview where I met with an HR rep, then 5 people, including my future manager, her manager and 3 other team members, 2 were by phone. Sometimes I know Forrester does telepresence interviews when someone in the CA office interviews an MA candidate, etc. I felt that the interview wasn't incredibly difficult, maybe a medium level of difficulty. Every person was an hour or half hour and Forrester was extremely organized and cognizant of my time, keeping everything on schedule with HR as they understand candidates have other jobs they are leaving to come interview. After this 3 hour or so process, I had to phone interview with someone who was on vacation. After this I was called by HR within a few days and made an offer with an offer letter. The entire process from getting called to interview to the offer letter took only a week. It was extremely efficient and well-run, no rescheduling or second-guessing or keeping me hanging. I commend Forrester on the way they do this.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would convince a difficult analyst to attend a consulting session when he or she simply does not want to go.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as I hated my current job at the time and was desperate to get out, and I still regret this. With this company you HAVE to negotiate because you won't be able to get much more than 3% a year once you're in.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

1) Was contacted by a recruiter about the opportunity (I had preciously spoken with a different recruiter who recommended me to her college
     2) 20 minute phone interview with recruiter, basic questions, easy
    3) 20 minute phone interview with hiring manager, basic questions, more in depth about job responsibilities and my previous experiences that pertained to the job. After conversation hiring manager said the recruiter would be in touch to set up an in person interview.
    4) 3 hour in person interview, interviewed with 7 people, 6 back to back half hour interviews in total. The people I met with would be the people I worked with and interacted with every day. Questions about multi-tasking, staying focused during mundane tasks etc
    5) received an offer from recruiter a week later

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forrester in November 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a Sr. Talent Acquisition specialist for a brief phone call. After a few back and forth emails we agreed on a time to discuss details. The morning of the interview they contacted me to change the time to late in the afternoon to fit their schedule, no problem. That afternoon I received no phone call or an email to cancel or an apology for wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• When will you be available for a brief discussion?
      Would you mind if we pushed the interview to _______?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

2 Parts: 1st Interviews with at least 3 people including your potential boss, director, team members and a randomly selected employee outside of sales. 2nd part is a presentation. Basic pitch/30,60,90 day plan. Both parts are very relaxed, free to ask as much as you'd like. In fact it seemed encouraged to interview them as much as they were interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• Standard, what challenges do you expect to face and how will you over come them?   Answer Question

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process took about six weeks. Required to present as part of the interview process. Should have negotiated up. The offer is not competitive.Great learning opportunity when it comes to negotiation skills, relationship building, and account management.

Negotiation

Should have negotiated up. The offer is not competitive.

Interview

Intense interview process, even for an internal candidate. They have many rounds of interviews with senior management, capped by a 20 mins presentation.

Interview Questions

• The presentation is focused on how you would manage your book of business. The more detail and processed oriented you can be, the better.   Answer Question

Negotiation

offer was the offer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester in January 2017.

Interview

Great process due to the amazing talent acquisition team at Forrester. They were beyond informative and prompt throughout each stage in the process. The interview was efficient in the sense of being able to interview with 3 individuals in all different levels of the sales team.

Associate Data Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA (US)) in September 2008.

Interview

There was first an initial HR phone screening interview. This was very basic, just making sure you can make coherent sentences. The second step was a phone interview with my future manager; he was very interested in my education--what classes I took, and what I learned, as well as my previous work experience.

After passing this phase, I was invited to the office for a round of interviews with future colleagues. I was brought to one of the client conference rooms where I was interviewed, one by one, with more tenured Forresterites. They did not seem to have specific interviewer roles (almost like a good cop, bad cop), as some previous companies I've interview with did. Rather, each person asked whatever questions were on their mind, sometimes overlapping one another. It was very casual for the most part.

After passing this third phase, I was invited to participate in the final interview process--a presentation that tested time management, data interpretation, basic math, power point fluency and public speaking. I was fairly confident that I did well, and I received a job offer the next day.

Advice going in: Be honest. If you don't remember much from your statistics classes in college, say so. Just be prepared with a counter-point (i.e. quick learner--give example). Show enthusiasm toward your prospective role.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What do you remember from your ___ class in college? (Statistics, Marketing Research, etc.)   1 Answer

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA (US)) in July 2009.

Interview

I had 5 one on one interviews, most of which were generic questions from those either uninterested or uninformed about the role.

I then had a presentation to more of the same-- There was generally a lack of decision making or concise criteria to base the decision on.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have speaking with C-level clients?   Answer Question

CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER Interview

Interview

I applied online a month ago and have yet to hear anything from the company aside from the automatic system-generated response that acknowledged my submission. The online interface is rigid, feels like an affidavit and, in my opinion, not appropriate for executive-level roles where nuance, expertise and individuality are critical.

Interview Questions

• Online application asks for the usual information... along with employment details for at least 10 years, reasons for leaving past jobs, names/titles of your past managers, starting rates of pay at past jobs, names/contact info for three references (although the instructions say only two are required, the system will not let you finish until you add a third).   Answer Question

Forrester Response

12 Sep 2014 – VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback on our applicant tracking system. Yes, the system lacks the warmth and interface that we would hope candidates would experience when applying to Forrester. While the need for... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.