H&R Block Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 910 of over 910 interviews

2.1
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

H&R Block

Application

I interviewed at H&R Block

Interview

Q&A format. Use star method, tell me about a time when…. Very conversational and nice. Asked about 6 questions. Met With marketing supervisor, then DM’s, and then regional director. Each interview was about 30 min and utilized the star method - situation, time when, action and result.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time that you manages multiple priorities and had to handle dotted lines and direct supervisor experience.
    Answer Question

H&R Block

Application

I interviewed at H&R Block

Interview

Emailed CV and called for in an interview. The interview was Very relaxed inteview; Very kind and caring people to work for. The interview process was very casual and refreshing

Interview Questions
  • Looked at your CV and asked you questions regarding your experiences?

H&R Block

Application

I interviewed at H&R Block

Interview

Straightforward yet simple. It was a group interview and went very quickly. Overall very friendly panel. Basic interview questions like Tell Us About Yourself, etc. The interview was maybe twenty minutes total

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

H&R Block

Application

I interviewed at H&R Block

Interview

The interview was very easy and laid back. Basically just getting to know you. The process was smooth. They tell you about what you need for taking this role, you have to take their income tax course and a bunch of training before the season starts.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

H&R Block

Application

I interviewed at H&R Block

Interview

Had two rounds of interview(Technical Round and Managerial round). Once cleared the technical round they have arranged a managerial conversation. The interviewer was very rude and insulting behavior. Interview arranged for 30 minutes but he took 1 hour to shows his rude behavior. I never suggest anyone to apply for any job in H&R block and I never wanted to work with such a bad management even if I get a chance to work with H&R block .

Interview Questions
  • Technical Round ============== > Testing methodologies > Automation testing basics > Agile methodologies > Performance testing tools > Process management tools > Selenium questions > C# basics Managerial Round =============== - No questions only show off
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (New York, NY)

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who conducted a phone screen. Very standard, 30 minutes getting to know each other. A few weeks later I spoke with a Regional Director via skype. He asked me about my work experience, gave me a few situational questions a little harder but nothing major. The 3rd interview was an in person panel interview with 3 Regional Directors & an HR Director. They give you a case study to analyze a few days beforehand & you present your plan for the mock district during the interview. The case study district ended up being the actual district I was hired for. A few ways to stand out in the interview: Develop a full presentation that you can print out a copy for them & send it digitally, make sure your talking points are tight (memorize the data, speak to the strengths, weaknesses, & opportunities of the district), stand for the presentation, & blend in some of the company values into the presentation (even something as silly as using it as a name that's part of the presentation ex: Roberta Resilient). All of these were things that were pointed out to me as behaviors that made me stand out from the rest of the applicants. I had an offer a few days later & negotiated a higher salary within 24 hours of the offer.

Interview Questions
  • ***Very Important Question*** Out of these 5 things, which one is most important to running the business?

H&R Block

Application

I interviewed at H&R Block

Interview

Great easy it was everything I expected. The people were very nice and accommodating. The interview process was easy and the people were easy going. Other than that there was no other requirements.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

H&R Block

Application

I interviewed at H&R Block

Interview

Simple. They are in need people with experience. Interviewer didn't ask many questions, just tried to sell me on the company. They asked if I was willing to work in multiple locations.

Interview Questions
  • What is your availability. How many returns did you complete last season

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in Mar 2022

Interview

One phone call with a recruiter who basically just described the job and asked if I would be interested. One 30 min video interview with behavioral questions. No leet code or whiteboard questions. It felt more like a conversation and the interviewer made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle a difficult coworker? Why do you want to work at H&R Block? Describe past experiences such as an internship.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Louisville, KY) in Mar 2022

Interview

Pretty lengthy, virtual interviews. First interview with the recruiter getting to know one another and discussing the business, second was with the regional director and HR (people and culture leader) asking situational “tell me a time” questions. Third interview was a case study with the RD, HR, and another RD, they give you an excel file and have you answer 5 questions put together in a PowerPoint. Fourth interview was with the Market VP for HR- very situational and leadership style focused, the last interview should have been with the VP of US sales and Director of HR but they had to split them into two for scheduling conflicts. Last interview on a Saturday, offer the following Monday, counter offer and offer letter accepted on Tuesday.

Interview Questions
  • How do you drive engagement throughout the year?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at H&R Block (Hyderābād) in Mar 2022

Interview

Interview conducted by the team h&r blocks which contains pen and paper test which contains general Apptitide and reasoning and group discussion and it also contains final round HR interview

Interview Questions
  • What are the types of accounts?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 910 Interviews