H&R Block Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

H&R Block Interview Questions

Updated 4 Sep 2018

2.1

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Professional and cordial. I was able to find out that the candidate selected had several years of experience in the position at another company.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process seemed to be very long Had to go through 2 interview but waited several weeks between each. There was typically 2 or 3 people in the room. all of them can and will ask you questions.

Interview Questions

• They ask the normal questions for a manage position. How many people have you managed? how do you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

It was okay. I got along well with the interviewers but they did not get back to me even after I reached out. I wanted feedback so that I could continue to develop.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a client was dissatisfied and what you did to handle it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview as the first round with technical questions related to the data base techniques regarding the stored procedures, functions, triggers. etc.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to write a shell script to transfer data to a SFTP site   Answer Question

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA (US)

Interview

Interview was a 1 on 1 in the Culver City office. Easy, pleasant interview, didn't take took too long. I submitted my resume, it was for seasonal work as a client service coordinator (a lot of admin and reception duties). The interviewer was great and the people I worked with were terrific, mature and well balanced individuals.

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Miami, FL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was at a H&R Block store in a quiet setting. You'll be doing a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. I recommend that you have customer service experience for this position, they're looking for people who already has that experience. It will definitely give you advantage over those who don't. And if you don't have any customer service experience like i did at the time, you can show that you're a good candidate by letting them know you're a fast learner and a people person.

Good luck!

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Arlington, TX (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

Walked in with resume during one of their annual recruitment fairs in store. Greeted by office manager, signed up for the position and did an easy online assessment. Next a quick interview with the office manager. He/She reviewed by past work experience, availability and made small talk. Very pleasant. Less than a week later was contacted for the job.

Interview Questions

• Previous Working Experience, strengths, language skills, availability   1 Answer

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy enough given my credentials. It is an entry level position so it doesn't have very many requirements attached to the application. Be able to show your worth in conversation skills and your competence at being professional. In short, while the job doesn't require much as far as requirements go, the job is what you make of it, and showing that you are willing to make the most of it never hurts.

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loxahatchee, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Loxahatchee, FL (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Easy. You sit down with a tax professional or whoever is the head of the office and you're asked a few very simple questions. One question was about I well I managed stress.

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Murray, UT (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email to schedule an interview time, on a first come first served basis. I was interviewed by three office managers. There were a lot of standard interview questions. They also made sure I was aware that this was a seasonal position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what kind of customer service experience I had.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.