HackerAgency Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

HackerAgency Interview Questions

Interviews at HackerAgency

2.8

Print Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview after submitting an application for the position. I had to revise the appointment due to a family emergency, something that was handled compassionately and positively. The interview began right on time, and was conducted by the person who would be managing the position for which I was applying. They shared background on the company, and why they were adding this position, and a bit about the culture, which as a candidate I very much appreciated. We then had a very organic conversation re my experience at multiple past employers, why I was seeking a job, and then what I was looking for in a position. It was a very comfortable environment, and I felt very enthusiastic about the company after the call~ more so than when I had applied, as I'd learned a great deal abut them and the culture through the interview process. I was told I they would be in contact the next week, as there were multiple other interviews to conduct, and the timeline for a decision. I was contacted promptly as promised the following week with a personalized email indicating that they had other candidates that more closely aligned with the core experience they needed. While disappointed in the result :) I felt this interview process was very open, fair, and appropriate, and their decision made sense to me per the reasons given. I would definitely interview or want to work here in the future, based on this interview.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HackerAgency.

Interview

A number of interviews with Directors from various departments. This will no longer be the case since this organization has experience a massive reduction is size. You can probably expect less interviews.

Interview Questions

• Consistent question - do you have agency experience?   1 Answer

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HackerAgency (West Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

A phone screen followed by an in-person interview with 3 people. It was informative and fun. There were the usual why are you looking, more about my background and situational questions but also allowing me time to ask anything I want. All 3 were very forthcoming and very easy to talk with. It was definitely a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• It was a mutual ask and answer questions - definitely a two way street   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HackerAgency in March 2016.

Interview

It was not bad. I met with 4 individuals from the same position to senior management and all were friendly. The questions were standard and not difficult, and it was great to meet with multiple people from different departments.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions. It's always smart to come in and know what you can bring to the table.   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the Creative Director, brief and fairly informal. In-person interview with 4 senior-level creatives who represented the company and culture pretty well. Meeting with several people helped me get lots of questions about the company answered and corroborated.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard "what interests you about this position," "what's your background" and the like. Went over my past creative work and talked about my questions more than anything else.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I Interviewed with a recruiter first on the phone and then a in person interview that was scheduled briefly thereafter. The interview process was informal, conversational and professional. The hiring manager was very direct and open about the role and responsibilities. I have since started with the company and everything they shared is accurate and I am very much enjoying the culture and the people.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me how you handled a difficult situation in the past?   Answer Question

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I found the job online, applied and heard back within a week or two, I was then scheduled for a phone screening with a recruiter. The phone call took about a half an hour and he just went over the functionality of the job and the basics to see if I was able to complete the requirements. He then forwarded me on when he was satisfied. Within a few days I received a call and an e-mail from another recruiter scheduling an interview for me. I went in for my interview, it was around 90 minutes. They said they would call me soon and I had an e-mail offer by the time I got home.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with upset employees while fixing something for them?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HackerAgency.

Interview

Found the position on LinkedIn and sent in a resume and cover letter. After a phone interview with company recruiter, I was scheduled for 6 30-minute interviews with members of the team (all in one afternoon).

Turns out, the interviews were with two different groups, for two different positions - neither of them the one that I'd applied for. I was not provided a job description or title, so I was interviewing blind. When provided the opportunity to ask what a typical day would include, I was told by more than one person that I'd be doing a lot of proofing and spreadsheets. One interviewer (manager level) spent our half hour typing on her computer and barely engaged with me. On the positive - I met with two higher level individuals who were engaged in the conversation and personable. Unfortunately, poor time management earlier in the interviews limited my time with them to less than 20 minutes each.

I asked each person what our "next steps" are. No one knew. I left after 2+ hours with no hope for a job and no sincere interest in working there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I ever had a personality problem with a manager, and what I did about it. Difficult in that I've not had that situation - and she didn't really want to believe me. In the end, I elaborated a mild problem/solution that I'd had just to satisfy her question. To my mind, this question indicates there may be issues with poor managers.   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HackerAgency.

Interview

My resume was submitted through a connection at Hacker and the recruiter got back to me quickly. However, that was the last fast thing about the process. The review dragged out over the holidays and several months into the new year. It did include a call with the primary client contact, which I thought was productive as well as meeting with the president and leadership.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult testing scenario and what was gained out of the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Limited negotiation space, but the offer was great.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HackerAgency.

Interview

Quite easy. They asked few easy questions and I answered them well and nailed the interview. I think anyone can crack that interview. I didn't know I was being trapped in this company.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.